FACK! Its Cold!!! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Gold Subscriber

I'm in Clinton (about halfway between New Haven and New London); I used to spend nearly every weekend in Stamford when my wife and I were dating. She lived right near the Darien line, very near the big WWF building.
Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2005, 07:43 AM

Rob

Thanks for correcting that spelling of Palmdale; I lost sleep over that!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 AM

Desert Wildflower Bloom

Yes we found flowers in the Mojave! We went from 29 Palms to Amboy to Hole-in-the-Wall to Cima Dome to Kelso Dunes. Great trip but way too much dirt road travel for an Alfa.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Here are a few more photos.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Nice photos, Bruce. The sunset looks spectacular. There was something on the national news last week about this once in a lifetime event. Mojave is a beautiful place. I prefer airplanes over flowers, though. Did you get to see any cool looking airplanes?

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/signaturepics/sigpic896_1.gif
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia
Nice photos, Bruce. The sunset looks spectacular. There was something on the national news last week about this once in a lifetime event. Mojave is a beautiful place. I prefer airplanes over flowers, though. Did you get to see any cool looking airplanes?
Actually, we drove past March Air Reserve Field (I think that's what they call it now) and it looks like they are getting a pretty nice museum started there. It's on our list to go back and check out.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:08 PM

Osso,

You need to take a trip to Pensacola, Florida and Eglin AFB (if you haven't already done so). The Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola is AWESOME (not to mention the Air Force Museum at Eglin, which is just a stone's throw from the Naval Air Station). The amount of hardware they are displaying there (literally from the dawn of American naval aviation) just makes you proud to be an American taxpayer.

Thomas
Old 03-29-2005, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othercarsaford
Osso,

You need to take a trip to Pensacola, Florida and Eglin AFB (if you haven't already done so). The Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola is AWESOME (not to mention the Air Force Museum at Eglin, which is just a stone's throw from the Naval Air Station). The amount of hardware they are displaying there (literally from the dawn of American naval aviation) just makes you proud to be an American taxpayer.

Thomas
I was at that museum a few years ago - I have a lot of pictures that turned out ok. I can probably post them somewhere if people are interested. I've heard that area got hit by one of the many hurricanes this past season so I'm not sure what sort of condition it is in at the moment.
Shared Album

Last edited by johnei; 03-29-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTD
Rob

Thanks for correcting that spelling of Palmdale; I lost sleep over that!
The local Sheriffs internally call it Clandale and for good reason unfortunately.One day I must have pissed off someone somewhere and found a small swastika carved above my rear wheel well. Fortunately thanks to Gov S. I will sell it to the state for the 1000.00 environmental retirement fee,which he recently reinstituted. At least it wasn't one of the Alfas.
'74 2000 GTV

"No detail too small not to obsess over"
Old 03-29-2005, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Colby
Yes we found flowers in the Mojave! We went from 29 Palms to Amboy to Hole-in-the-Wall to Cima Dome to Kelso Dunes. Great trip but way too much dirt road travel for an Alfa.
Incredibly beautiful shots Bruce!

"the desert is an ocean with the life under ground ".......until it rains then we get to see it!
'74 2000 GTV

"No detail too small not to obsess over"
Old 04-25-2005, 06:01 PM

Just thought I'd share a little snow photo with you all. Went on the 8th annual British Euro Auto Tour (BEAT) this past weekend up to Flagstaff, AZ, and we were snowed on Saturday night and into Sunday. Made for some perilious driving conditions on the way back, driving sleet/snow and slippery roads. Saw about 6 cars it the ditch, including someone in an SUV that rolled over (must have thought 4 wheel drive made him immune to poor traction).
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2005, 06:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to 81gtv6 Send a message via Yahoo to 81gtv6
Flowers in the desert and snow in Flagstaff? Im going back to bed.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Gold Subscriber

Oh, well, it's "FACK! It's Cold!!!" time of year again. Had the top down on the way into work this morning, but something tells me it's the last time until spring (rotten weather predicted through the rest of the week, even a touch of snow), and that I should just gas it up on the way home park it, and pickle it for the winter. Still, it's November 21 in New England, and I think I managed to extend the season a couple extra days compared to last year. (My cousin was ribbing me the other day because a couple of weeks ago he saw me driving through town all bundled up with the top down one cold night.)
Old 11-29-2005, 06:07 PM

OK! it was worm out today.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Gold Subscriber

Is winter setting in early this year? I drove my Spider on Wednesday, but it's not looking like it's going to be warm again in the near future. It just might turn out that I get three weeks less top-down time this year. Fack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.