Shankle Automotive Engineering - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Admin
Administrator

Shankle Automotive Engineering

I was sent this by email and thought that I'd post it to the site.

``````````````````````````````

I'm not a registered user, but google'd your site tonight. Been considering an Alfetta purchase and have been searching all over for Shankle Automotive Engineering. It's been 20 years since I sold my 73GTV, and I spent a lot of money with Shankle - would like to pick up where I left off, but I can't seem to find them. Are they still around? In 1984/1988 they were in Chatsworth, CA.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Relapsing Alfisti

``````````````````````````````
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 09:35 AM

Shankle was sold to AR Ricambi in the early 90's and we all know what recently happened to them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2004, 09:56 AM
usra be an admin
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by italcarguy
Shankle was sold to AR Ricambi in the early 90's and we all know what recently happened to them.
Have the closed their doors? The website is still active.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/signaturepics/sigpic896_1.gif
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:13 AM

They were at Monteray as far as I know, and were in the middle of moving their store to Fresno, CA. I don't know if this move is complete or not.
fastest 1987 CBR1000

Past
1974 Spider
1979 Spider
1978? Alfetta
Old 09-15-2004, 10:44 AM

Anthony,

The story with Ricambi seems to change every time we talk to them. Do you have the final word?

Joe
Old 09-15-2004, 10:51 AM

Ricambi is still around. The moved everything up to Fresno where the owener lives. He is currently working on a web site which will have everything that they have in stock. That's the last I heard when I spoke with them last week. They aren't gone, just re-organizing.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:43 PM

The Address I got off of the net for Shankle is not good, 4528 E. Courtland Fresno, 93726
This is in the middle of an intersection. If I get a good address I will check it out for you guys.
Rich Goodrich works out of his house at this point. He retierd and moved his shop into his garage. He still builds engines for people and there is always a few Alfas out in front.

Last edited by Kipp; 04-20-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:14 AM

Thumbs up

AR Ricambi has not set up a store front with a front counter yet. They are at 5250 N. Palm Fresno, CA. 93704 The guys name is Brad
1-800-225-2532 or email autosysg@earthlink.net

Last edited by Kipp; 10-15-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Banned

I spoke to Brad about 3 weeks ago, and he is in the process of moving some of the parts from down in So Cal to up north. It will probibly be another month or so before he gets situated completely..

Stu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.