Factory Alfetta Sedan and GT Coupe Color Brochure - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool Factory Alfetta Sedan and GT Coupe Color Brochure

Thought some of you might be interested... and for reference.. That noted, what the hell color is my interior? ;-)
Attached Images

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 PM

mine is sapphire metallic with black interior

but im thinking of painting it red,anyone know red color paint code for alfetta sedan?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
s1.. if you do not post a picture, it does not exist! :-/

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Alfa red is AR501.
Rob, this is an American brochure - European versions had some different engines and color options, so yours isn't on this.

Jeff B.

'69 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3 S
gone but not forgotten
'79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce/'77 Alfetta Sedan /'76 Alfetta Sedan/'75 Alfetta Sedan
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Europe, So. Africa or Australia - can you add to this?

I was wondering if we could expand this post to include color options from Europe and/or Australia or South Africa, etc.? Does anyone have the color brochure from the models in your region for the original Sedan 71-76 to the later Sport Sedan?

It's would be REALLY nice to have all available colors in one place here for future reference...

I would love to be able to identify the interior color of my vehicle.. see pic attached. But my car came from Italy.. is is not the American version as SFALFA noted... so, help?
Attached Images

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Adding color chart from Europe for Alfetta

Hi Guys - as you can see further up in this post, I posted an USA version Color chart, and I purchased this one below from Europe, and it has the color line-up for Alfetta from Europe for our reference.

I am sorry, but believe it or not, I CANNOT find a date on it.. so I can't really tell you what the date is for this particular chart. If you think you have an idea about that, please share it here so we can all benefit. I do have a question about this brochure here... and wondering if anyone can answer it.. the codes next to the colors, are codes, right? They certainly aren't color names - I know that much. Does anyone have the code list, so we can equate that to a color name - that would certainly make this brochure more useful. This brochure was shipped to me out of Paris.

Thanks... hope our Alfisti Brethren inside and outside the USA find it useful

Rob from New Hampshire
Attached Images

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire

Last edited by RobNH; 03-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
If anyone needs a higher resolution scan of a particular color, please PM me, and I will scan it and send it along. Need to keep the file size down, and this was good enough for general viewing. Rob

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Guys - I found this site, which has a lot of the color codes, but strangely - they don't look anything like what is on this brochure.. not sure what I am missing here...

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...alfa_romeo.htm

ALFA ROMEO PAINT CODES

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob from New Hampshire

Last edited by RobNH; 03-15-2013 at 09:29 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

We had a new 78 Alfetta GT here in Seattle that was painted "Ruby Metallic", bought in College Park, Maryland, getting it cheap since it had no a/c, a must there. Sold it to Lino (Alfa of Tacoma) in about 1981-2, and haven't seen one like it since. Wonder where it ended up. Very pretty car, but got replaced by a GTV6.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
I do have a question about this brochure here... and wondering if anyone can answer it.. the codes next to the colors, are codes, right? They certainly aren't color names - I know that much.
They look like color name abbreviations to me, for instance:

AVOO = AVOriO
AZLM = AZure Le Mans
ROAL = ROsso ALfa
PRGN = PRuGNa
VEPI = VErde PIno

The Metallic colors end in "MT", short for MeTallic.

RBMT = RuBy MeTallic

Etc.

I could go on, but I don't know all the names by heart!

Jeff B.

gone but not forgotten
'79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce/'77 Alfetta Sedan /'76 Alfetta Sedan/'75 Alfetta Sedan
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:03 AM

Trying to envision these dark reds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
We had a new 78 Alfetta GT here in Seattle that was painted "Ruby Metallic" [Snip].
I am really interested in these Alfetta GT colors. The color guide shows the GT as being available in Aubergine, Plum, and Ruby Metallic. And Del mentions having had one in Ruby Metallic. I don't think I have ever seen an Alfetta GT in any of these colors in real life, and almost none even in pictures. But even in pictures, burgundies usually don't look the same in pictures...

Since these are colors that were original to the Alfetta GT, I am really thinking about painting mine one of these three, and leaning towards Aubergine. But the pictures I am finding, they look black.

I saw a Nissan Maxima yesterday that I *think* is really close to aubergine. Can anyone verify if this is how Aubergine looks "in person"? I found a picture of it here.

Other than Del's Ruby, has anyone seen Alfetta GTs in these colors? Any thoughts on these three? I want something unusual but an original color.

Would it benefit anyone if I scan my 78 or 79 Color Guide and post it here? I recently posted a picture of it, but it is poor quality.

Thanks all!
Cervantes
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Platinum Subscriber

There is this one: POSSIBLY selling my 1978 Alfa Sprint Veloce in SF

Click back to earlier pages on that thread for a few more pictures I took of that car. It's true, that the color appears nearly black in the shade, and brownish in other softer lights.

Jeff B.

gone but not forgotten
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

There have been some very nice colors for Alfas in Europe, not here. My wife complains that all you seem to see is red, black, silver, and maybe white, and a rare power green. Well, did see/drive a light blue metallic LS, and of course the champagne metallic LS like ours. Very few of the other colors. Maybe just a few other colors on the East Coast, but not out here.

Oh, and our 78 Alfetta sedan was brown metallic, very nice. Our Milano, alas, is just plain red.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Colors.

Wow, that (POSSIBLY selling my 1978 Alfa Sprint Veloce in SF) looks good. So that is Aubergine, right? Do the pictures capture it well?

Del mentioned the better colors not being in American spec cars. I did see a thread that showed the Olive Green Metallic that was not available here. That is a very interesting color as well.

I need to go back and look at the color sheet at the beginning of this thread. It had several colors I have never seen on an Alfetta.

My son is restoring a 78 Spider while I restore a 79 Sprint. His was a horrible non-original orange/rust metallic color. I am not sure the color was terrible, but it did not work on a Spider. That one was originally Silver, but I am hesitant to try to paint silver (hard to get it right) and he doesn't want it to be silver because that is the same color as my Driver Alfa (Sicilia). Can't have it look too much like Dads! So we are both considering color changes. He may just go with red. Yeah, a lot of them are red... but here in South East Idaho, you don't see many Alfas in ANY color...

Well thanks for the help. I still have some time to decide as I am repairing the rust damage on the hatch. I need to post some pictures of the project. But definitely leaning towards the Aubergine or Ruby Metallic or Plum as seen in the color guide in this thread.

Thanks all!
Cervantes
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
Wow, that (POSSIBLY selling my 1978 Alfa Sprint Veloce in SF) looks good. So that is Aubergine, right? Do the pictures capture it well?
I'm not 100% sure if that is Aubergine, I always thought the color was called prugna. It's a true purple color, very deep/dark in shade, with very little brown or red over tones. The pictures are close, but the color changes so much depending on light, that it's hard to capture 100%.
I am familiar with Ruby Metallic, but only on Spiders, and that's one of my favorite colors, it's much brighter and lighter than this color. Olive green is beautiful, but looks best with stainless bumpers (which might be why it wasn't offered here in the US). My '79 Sprint Veloce was a color called Luci del Bosco (light of the forest), and while the idea of brown metallic at first turned me off, I ended up falling in love with it - it's been my favorite color ever since, a sort of metallic bronze.

Jeff B.

gone but not forgotten

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode