LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Marco Fazio of Centro Documentazione

Finally, the man whom we've all been waiting to meet:

Perpettersen and DoubleBobby like this.

Patrick Hung
'59 Sprint Veloce * '63 Giulia Spider * '65 Giulia Ti * '67 GT 1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 10:38 PM

Garage
Marco Fazio is now in charge of working with all of the Alfa Romeo clubs around the world. Central Documents has now been handed over to someone else, which I understand from a recent post they are reorganizing the unit. So we will wait to see if we get the same service in a timely manner when they reopen as we did with Marco. It was a real pleasure to meet with him almost 2 years ago in his office and to be surrounded by all of the history of the company files. I felt like I was in a holy shrine.

Christopher

www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 02:18 AM

yes, sad he is moving....wish him the best of luck in his new important position
the new adress to write to is:
centrodocumentazione@museoalfaromeo.com

but they haven't got their act together quite yet.......over on the german alfa forum since several months now, people have been receiving this mail in return to their enquiries:

"in order to improve our services, we’re rearranging the archives at the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo (Arese). For this reason, the researches of car registry information are currently suspended.
In the next few months, the service will be reactivated with a new dedicated website.
We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.
Best regards
Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY"

wouldn't it be nice if we could just type the chassis number into the 'new website' and get an online response immediately

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 02:27 AM

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 08:14 PM

that's a nice video
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 08:52 PM

Of course Marco would have a Giulia (probably a Super, I'd think). From the days of the first TI Supers they've been the factory guys favorite Alfa.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 AM
Gold Subscriber

I got the same message today as others:

Dear Mr. Mullins,

in order to improve our services, we’re rearranging the archives at the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo (Arese). For this reason, the researches of car registry information are currently suspended.
In the next few months, the service will be reactivated with a new dedicated website.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

Best regards

Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red
1967 GT1300 Junior; 1967 Porsche 912/6
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:15 PM

Garage
Anyone have any luck hearing back from them in the last month+ ? I've just emailed this evening and will update if/when I hear back.

UPDATE: Same canned response as above.

Last edited by DoubleBobby; 06-17-2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: update
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 AM
Gold Subscriber

I was able to contact Centro Documentazione Museo (Alfa Romeo) last week, and order info on my '68 105. The site says it is only available in Italy, but they were kind enough to respond to my request from Japan (and billing in USA). I executed payment via Paypal without issue. Waiting for the info now.

Dear Mr. Mullins,
Following your request, we would like to inform you that from our search in the production registers concerning the chassis number you provided, the following information is available:

- Model
- Production date
- Delivery date
- Market destination
- Exterior color
- Interior

This information will be sent to the address you have provided, a preview will be sent to your email address. The cost of this service is 30.00.
After you send us your confirmation by replying to this email, we will proceed to sending you the payment instructions.
Kind regards,

Gemma Perrone
Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY

They could not confirm original engine number, but that might just be my era of car...

FYI

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red
1967 GT1300 Junior; 1967 Porsche 912/6
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM

Interesting. 2 months ago the value was 20euro.
I think they need to set 100euro. Who cares, we do not have a chance to find another source of information

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:07 AM

The exact same information was available for free until 2016. You got a response from Marco (or before him, from Elvira) overnight, if not within few hours the day of your request, an indication of how much effort it needed under the previous "organization" of the archive.

Now you pay (in advance) 30€, and it takes longer. That's progress: they have rearranged the archive in order to provide better service, they say...

Thanks again FCA.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM

it was 20€ at the start, but you only got an email.
I think that as more and more asked for it on headed paper in writing (useful to prove to authorities the exact build date, so as to get classic status when it comes to registration etc) they upped it to 30€

Its funny what Marco did back then so diligently, and now a whole battery of staff can't match his single effort....
Anfanuts likes this.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:25 PM

Marco did his job when museum had not many visitors and was closed completely. He had a time.
Marco was responsible for inquiries. Stefano for the exhibitions across the world. Paola, as I understand, helped Marco and sometimes wrote articles for Alfa Romeo Seniors community. Also museum staff included 3 mechanics, Maurizio Monti was a supervisor.

Now Museum is very busy, they changed expositions once in 2-3 months, sometimes have external cars on exhibition.
Also I think the person who replies on requests is in charge of Alfa, Fiat, Lancia and Abarth.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode