Alfa 164 - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM

Yep, tell me Mazda 6's and Acura RL/TL don't get their inspiration from Alfa's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Wow, I've spent over an hour reading this thread! This solidifies my decison in getting a 1994 Alfa Romeo 164 LS!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 PM

Euro car talk

I just want to weigh in on the BMW side of the coin. I bought my wife a used
'00 323i, it came w/ a new engine, for four or so years nothing went wrong except the overflow tank, a $50 item. The worst thing to have happened was with the stability control, very expensive tiny part and expensive diagnosis at an esoteric and competent shop. I also bought myself a '95 Vette, sold that to my brother who still has it; basically I was the one who got the bugs out of la Vetta, as my bro calls it. Now also own two more bimmers, a '96 z3 1.9, and a '98 528i completely stock w/ a subwoofer added. z3 has had the stock front end of the audio rebuilt and the rest highly upgraded. It's a stealth setup w/ everything hidden. The repair situation has been complicated and not cheap, but the bimmer forum has been stellar, and all three bimmers are now running great. My total expenditure for my two has been 1/3rd of original retail, including purchase, tires included. All cars, even my wife's, which I recently used on an errand to Ohio of over 1000 miles IN ONE DAY--all three cars are everything one could ask for at the bargain total price paid. IMO the Germans and BMW in particular are taking no prisoners. Fuel economy is teriffic, try 32 or more city, 29 in heavy traffic w/ the z3. I'm now using Lube Guard wherever and whenever possible, it pays for itself, which is as it should be. My three Alfas are sitting, you now know why. I'm using Bilsteins on my two, Monroe's on hers. I had an '84 Jag, impossible car, fit for a king, but not built for a mere mortal. Horrible at the pump, 15 mpg, regardless of driving conditions. Check me on this: everyone else European is in retreat against the German onslaught. I will never even consider Asian stuff after my Toyota experience; bored to tears every long drawn out drifting mile of the way. Allright, so I like sports cars. Best Alfa owned: '93 164L, a dose of reality for an Alfa and a good experience overall. Would consider a good American car, is there one out there yet?

PS all bimmers at or near 150k, heads never left the engine, and you can balance a quarter on the running 528i--this demo is on You Tube, BTW.
'89 Milano Gold
'93 164L auto
'95 Corvette C4 targa auto
'00 BMW 323 Sportwagon auto [wife's car]

The Rock
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.