No new GTAs? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 11-05-2003, 05:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to 147GTA
No new GTAs?

I just joined this bulletin board tonight, and although I haven't explored it all, I haven't seen much on the brand new GTAs. I just bought a 147 GTA today (won't get it for another 11 days - that's how it is here in Singapore).

Anyone here own one?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2003, 05:26 AM

The only thing i can said is you are a lucky man and congratulation. No alfa in the US and most of the member are form here so no new Alfas.
Enjoy your beast
Old 11-05-2003, 05:30 AM

Thank you! As cars here cost more than anywhere else in the world (that's what they claim) it hurts (the price). But I've been without a car for so many years, and now I make a bit more, so I guess I can sort of justify it.

I've never owned an Alfa, but I've lived in Italy before and always loved them. Then when I saw this 250-hp monster I had to have it.

I guess it'll be worth it once I get that thing maxed out in Malaysia or somewhere!

See you guys around!

Patro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:38 AM

I gotta say the 147 is my favourite of the current generation of alfas. I'm a bit of a stickler for the older models (105s in particular). I think the 147 is the best looking production car they've made since the old school. The GTA in particular will be one desirable little tarmac stomper a few years down the line.

Congrats on becoming an alfa owner
Old 11-05-2003, 05:47 AM

Thanks. I don't even know anything about my own car. I've only had the chance to drive one (demo), and even that was a big deal. I used to sell cars in Las Vegas, and the first thing we'd do is get the customer to drive a car, no matter what.

Here it's like the opposite. I had to make an appointment and come back on the weekend to drive the **** thing. But oh well, it sold me - the ride was great.

As far as I could tell, that thing wouldn't even burn out, even with all 250 horses from a stop, around a corner. Not that that's bad, but it was just strange. Some kind of traction control kicked in.

But besides the intoxicating engine sound, I'd say one of the most striking things about the feel of the car is its seats. Those seats wrap around your body so well and could be perfect when you're going around some tight corners really fast.

The tires and wheels are great. The 156 GTA has P-Zeros while the 147 GTA has Bridgestone-somethings. They're 45 series on 17s. The red brakes show through which looks cool (plus mine will be a red car).

All this is sort of my speculative evaluation as I only drove it for about 10 minutes in the strict streets of Singapore.

I'll be posting my notes on the car as soon as I get it.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 AM

Thumbs up Cool

Enjoy the "little" beast man!!
I can see your face! It must be something like this..
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 AM

I guarantee there'll be a switch somewhere to turn off the traction control. When you find it I wanna see some photos in the gallery
Old 11-05-2003, 06:39 AM

Welcome aboard 147GTA! There most definitely is a switch to turn off the traction control. If you have a good internet connection, check out Clarksons (Top Gear) test of the 147GTA vs. VW Golf R32 vs Ford Focus RS here: (29Mb)http://www.alfa145.com/upload/Topgear.Alfa147GTA.avi

Like he says: "In a straight line, it doesnt just beat the Ford and the VW, it annihilates them!"

Oh, and by the way: dont say, you have the most expensive cars in the world - I'm pretty sure, Denmark holds that record! According to the latest pricelist, the Alfa 147 GTA costs Dkr: 553.700,- In good old US dollars, thats..... (are you ready? - please sit down!) $85.184,-
1971 2000 Spider (racecar!)
1964 Vespa Gran Sport
Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 AM

well u made an excellent choice, the 147 gta is just awesome and im sure with just a few bolt ons ull be able to get that thing up to 275 hp easy

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
Old 11-05-2003, 05:19 PM

Thanks everybody, I'm excited.

164QV, I'll check out the video in a minute. I love Clarkson's commentary. BUT, at S $173,800, I WISH I WERE PAYING THE DANISH PRICE. That comes out to, in USD, around $100,000 - almost exactly. And to add insult to injury, in Singapore that price will only last for 10 years. Meaning if I want to keep the car for any longer than that, I have to pay another 30k or so. ****.

See? Even people that don't know much about Alfas will pay so much for them!

Aussie74GTV - Don't worry, I will get some good photos of it doing all kinds of things. But I have to wait another 10 days!! ARGGHHH!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:23 PM

dave_fonz_164 (Or anyone else) - Do you have any idea what I can do to increase the HP? I'm no mechanic or car expert, but I know my way around an engine.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:54 PM

for current alfas such as yours there are many tuning houses like autodelta, novitec ,englster, zender etc.... chek theior website

easy bolt ons such as: chip, cold air intake or pflow, headers, cams, exshaust etc are all relatively easier mods to do and shouldnbe hard to come by, by adding thoise things ur gta should quickly jump to 280+hp wich is an amazing number for a hot hatch,,,,,good luk

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.