Wanted Trim for Rear Bumper - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Alex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Trim for Rear Bumper

Looking for trim for rear bumper as per picture. This is the trim that covers the rivets and bolts. Thanks

Name:  rearbumper2.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  34.2 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Still looking.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

OK, still looking so I am instructing all of you with spare parts boxes to go through them to see if you have these parts.

Can't believe these aren't being made by someone? Maybe Europe?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 01:34 PM

the "rivet covers" are specific to 1300 junior (can't recall if pre-70 stepnose or post-70 non stepnose.....)

I haven't seen them 'made' in europe, only for the coupes, like item #27 here, which have the rivet covers on the corners
Alfa Romeo - Giulia Sprint GT - Body GT, grille and bumpers - Hein Brand

on the very odd occasion you see them used, advertised in italy (just search google images for 'alfa gt junior paraurti posteriore', you will see a couple that have already sold, unfortunately)

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Gold Subscriber

Here's the problem, the car pictured is later than 67, maybe post '69, note both the fit-in lights and the "inside" as opposed to "on the corner" joints. Probably these juniors were the only cars that used that seam trim in that location, the rest had over riders in that position. Have never seen this part reproduced or for sale. Fabricate

current:
83 Spider Veloce
ex:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

solve problems, learn something new!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dom, I will keep an eye out on the European ebay sites. The Hein Brand version are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerspeed View Post
Here's the problem, the car pictured is later than 67, maybe post '69, note both the fit-in lights and the "inside" as opposed to "on the corner" joints. Probably these juniors were the only cars that used that seam trim in that location, the rest had over riders in that position. Have never seen this part reproduced or for sale. Fabricate
Correct, mine is a '71 GT 1300 Junior. I prefer the bumpers without the over riders (bumper guards) as I think it is a cleaner look.

WRT fabricating, maybe someone that has these trim pieces can take a few measurements (width, width and height of bulge where it fits over the bolt) and close up pictures so I can see about making them. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Cerchi rivestimento per il paraurti posteriore come da foto sopra. Questo è il rivestimento che ricopre i rivetti e bulloni. Grazie

Anche alla ricerca di immagini dettagliate se si dispone di questi pezzi speciali sulla vostra auto.

Auf der Suche nach Trimm für Heckstoßstange wie pro Bild oben. Das ist die Verkleidung, die die Nieten und Schrauben bedeckt. Vielen Dank

Auch auf der Suche nach detaillierten Bildern, wenn Sie diese Zierstücke auf Ihrem Auto haben.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 04:00 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I'm going to my store today. I have a vague recollection of seeing something very much like these in one of the boxes.
rogerspeed and 5thinline like this.

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to all parts I have advertised on the BB so far. Plenty more! Just ask.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Platinum Subscriber

The grey cells seem to be functioning nicely. I have no less than four of these (two handed pairs), all used, a couple are wrinkled here and there. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]
to all parts I have advertised on the BB so far. Plenty more! Just ask.

Last edited by Alex; 02-26-2017 at 02:41 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Alex, thanks very much for looking. I sent you a PM as well.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Alex, still hoping you can post and e-mail me some pictures. Thanks.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Bump, still looking. Thanks.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

This will be my last attempt at seeing if anyone has a pair of these trim pieces for the rear bumper.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode