2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  613205 
#1 · (Edited)
This was a test.

#2 ·
Is this engine still available?

Where is it located?

Thanks

#4 ·
Sure, but if claims are correct, it would be a good purchase (IMHO)

#5 ·
For sale is a complete very rare 1600cc veloce engine. Yes a veloce engine not a normale as there is a big difference. This engine has been completely rebuilt by a retired master Alfa romeo Tech. He built this engine in his spare time. I am listing this engine for him This has been completely rebuilt from A-Z and done right. All parts are original alfa romeo (NOS). Many of the parts have come from Europe for this rebuild and are of the highest quality. A great deal of time and money has been invested in this engine. Work performed as outlined below

Bottom end

Hardened and nitrated crankshaft. Standard size bearings
New rod and main bearings
New pistons and liners. They are the original Borgo pistons. They are very hard to find.
The compression is 9:7 to 1

Cylinder head

New valve guides
new oversize valves
complete valve job with new shims
resurfaced and magnafluxed head. No cranks or corrosion issues

Ancillaries

This engine will come complete with all the accessories. New distrubtor with points and condensor, wires and plugs. New water pump and fan.

Fully restored generator.

Complete clutch kit with aluminum flywheel (215mm oversize) or I have the option of providing the original clutch with original flywheel resurfaced (200mm clutch)

New carburetor mount

There are two options available for the carburetors that can be supplied. Either twin Webers 40dcoe that have been completely rebuilt and tuned with this engine or twin 40 dellorto carburetors also fully rebuilt and ready to go. Both jetted correctly for the car.

This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for the serious enthusiast. One could not build another engine for this price done the same way.
Price is set at $12,500 + shipping.

Please contact me for more information.
Dear Sir
I am interested in your engine. Can you contact me at Cruzurquiza@hotmail.com ?
thanks
Emilio Cruz

#6 ·
The block matches a late 1964 or early 1965 Spider Veloce according to the Spider Veloce Register just surmising by looking at the numbers for the blocks that are listed. Should this engine prove out to be what it says it is, then you don't have to go looking for the hard bits. Only thing that I don't see listed is balancing of the parts. I am sure the engine will go to a good home.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.