Wanted Alfa Milano Verde: Koni shocks/brakes/torsion bar/bushings/+more - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Alfa Milano Verde: Koni shocks/brakes/torsion bar/bushings/ABS delete/+more

I'm looking for quite a few used or new parts for my 1988 Milano Verde. I'm looking to recondition my entire suspension so please only offers of new and/or slightly used components.

Koni shocks- I'll take sets of two but would prefer all 4 new or used.

Torsion bars- Looking for 27mm or larger

Other/suspension components- Tie rods, ball joints, larger than stock sway bars f/r, etc.

Steering wheel+hub- PM me with pics

Wheels- Wouldn't mind some gtv6 ronals or other 5x98 rims. 15" is a must and I'd be willing to trade my phone dials for em+cash in addition to outright buying them

PM me or post here. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by carsquared; 06-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 AM

Milano Parts

We have a set of used Konis shocks and also have four brand new lower control arm bushings that we are not going to use. $150 for the Konis and $50 for the bushings.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 AM

PM'd .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Still looking
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsquared View Post
I'm looking for quite a few used or new parts for my 1988 Milano Verde. I'm looking to recondition my entire suspension so please only offers of new and/or slightly used components.

Koni shocks- I'll take sets of two but would prefer all 4 new or used.

Brakes-Looking for a complete ABSectomy

Torsion bar- Looking for a 27mm or larger

Bushings- Interested only in poly bushings. Need em everywhere so any you have works.

Other/suspension components- Tie rods, ball joints, larger than stock sway bars f/r, etc.

Steering wheel+hub- PM me with pics

Wheels- Wouldn't mind some gtv6 ronals or other 5x98 rims. 15" is a must and I'd be willing to trade my phone dials for em+cash in addition to outright buying them

PM me or post here. Thanks for looking!
hi, I have some ABS parts and steering rack with tie rod ends plus more from my Verde. email alfalfa339@cfl.rr.com Bob
Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaguy35 View Post
We have a set of used Konis shocks and also have four brand new lower control arm bushings that we are not going to use. $150 for the Konis and $50 for the bushings.
Wes,

I'm sure you're busy - but I remember we had talked about some A-arms and lower bushes some time ago - didn't hear back from you...are these the same bits?

Feel free to send me an email....

p.s. participated in the ChumpCar race last weekend - Verenna was not around, but he reminded me you bought his old car!!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingswim2006 View Post
Wes,

I'm sure you're busy - but I remember we had talked about some A-arms and lower bushes some time ago - didn't hear back from you...are these the same bits?

p.s. participated in the ChumpCar race last weekend - Verenna was not around, but he reminded me you bought his old car!!
Hi, that was someone else. What do you need? Bob
Old 06-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Wes,

No, those were complete arms that had fresh bushings already installed in them. We moved everything around and I'm not sure where they are at the moment.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Hey Chris, I have front rotors and front/rear calipers, stock. The rotors were surfaced and not been installed/used since. Will throw in used pads (better than 50%) if interested.

MF
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2012, 03:50 PM

updated .
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM

What's your goal with the car, anyway? It seems rather sloppy to just throw parts at it without any kind of specific goal to develop the car.

The difference between stock 22(?), 25, 27, and 30mm torsion bars is very significant.
The difference between a stock Milano, stock Milano Verde, 25.5, and 27 (or larger!) front sway bar is very significant.
The difference between stock Milano and a 25mm rear sway bar is very significant.
The difference between used old koni shocks and new ones, properly adjusted, is very significant.
The right tire, or wrong tire, has an absolutely massive effect on handling - regardless of suspension setup.

Tie rods/ball joints: best prices I've found for good European stuff is through Performatek.

You have a really vague set of wants here. I may be preaching to the choir on this one, but the general grab/install of "performance goodies" almost always reduces the capability and predictability at the limit thus leading to slower lap times and less fun on the street. Forgive the question if you've already determined this and just adding to your spares, but it sounds like you want to "go faster" but that does not entail just throwing parts at it.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
What's your goal with the car, anyway? It seems rather sloppy to just throw parts at it without any kind of specific goal to develop the car.

The difference between stock 22(?), 25, 27, and 30mm torsion bars is very significant.
The difference between a stock Milano, stock Milano Verde, 25.5, and 27 (or larger!) front sway bar is very significant.
The difference between stock Milano and a 25mm rear sway bar is very significant.
The difference between used old koni shocks and new ones, properly adjusted, is very significant.
The right tire, or wrong tire, has an absolutely massive effect on handling - regardless of suspension setup.

Tie rods/ball joints: best prices I've found for good European stuff is through Performatek.

You have a really vague set of wants here. I may be preaching to the choir on this one, but the general grab/install of "performance goodies" almost always reduces the capability and predictability at the limit thus leading to slower lap times and less fun on the street. Forgive the question if you've already determined this and just adding to your spares, but it sounds like you want to "go faster" but that does not entail just throwing parts at it.
I appreciate the feedback and I'll try to clear some things up. There's no rush for me to finish my car so I'm biding my time to possibly save a few bucks/recycle some parts from other members.

Torsion bars- I'm probably looking at just using stock(24mm) or 27mm but I haven't locked myself into springs or shocks so I'm keeping that option open.

Sway bars- I'm interested in trying different sizes out but in the mid-range of thickness

Koni's- I say used but I mean very light use. They're relatively cheap new(one site has them at ~$370 for a full new set) but if I can save some money on lightly used ones I will.

Tires-My current tires are Yokohama Advan Neova AD008 for the summer/whenever it isn't below ~40* and Bridgestone Pole Positions for the remainder. All tires are 205 width

Tie rods/ball joints- Mainly I'm hoping someone has a NOS set lying around

None of us own Alfa's to drive slow and I'm well aware that the best way to get faster is my *** in the seat, not by throwing parts at the car. I want a proper setup to learn on and that's a stock or near stock car with quality components.

I've owned my Verde for just over a year now and haven't changed anything. Right now its beached while I replace the timing belt/water pump and recondition the brakes and suspension. I'll mainly be driving it on canyon/mountain roads and autocross.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.