Wanted Momo prototipo or similar - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Momo prototipo or similar

Hi all,

I'm looking for a vintage MOMO prototipo flat spoke (silver), preferably 350-370mm, or something of similar appeal (vintage Nardi leather etc) for my resto project. Don't mind a little patina.

There's a few on ebay but they're out of my budget. Was a nice Momo Clay Regazzoni that sold on ebay last week for $220ish, but with black spokes and I'm pretty set on the silver.

Does anyone have any leads?

Cheers, Damien
MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon - daily driver
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Have you tried the usa Momo site? They have new Prototipos which are virtually identical to the old ones. The only real difference I can tell is that the leather grain is a bit more pronounced than my 70's version (which is not for sale).

Prototipo Steering Wheel - click for options - Steering wheels - Products
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM

Damien,

You're dreaming if you are thinking of picking a Momo Prototipo up in 350 or 370mm for $220! Unless you don't mind a new production (post 1985 ish).

My guess is you have seen all the Momo Protos and others for sale in Portugal:
exocticarpart | eBay

But did you see this one? VICTOR steering wheel-lenkrad PORSCHE / ALFA ROMEO / ABARTH / FIAT/ LANCIA | eBay

It's a really nice looking one, spoke design just like a Prototipo, but with a nice cross-stitching, and a very reasonable price. And it's 360mm...
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180OUT View Post
Have you tried the usa Momo site? They have new Prototipos which are virtually identical to the old ones. The only real difference I can tell is that the leather grain is a bit more pronounced than my 70's version (which is not for sale).

Prototipo Steering Wheel - click for options - Steering wheels - Products
Thanks, the new ones are nice, but I really want an older wheel with the flat spokes if I can find one for a reasonable price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingswim2006 View Post
Damien,

You're dreaming if you are thinking of picking a Momo Prototipo up in 350 or 370mm for $220! Unless you don't mind a new production (post 1985 ish).

My guess is you have seen all the Momo Protos and others for sale in Portugal:
exocticarpart | eBay

But did you see this one? VICTOR steering wheel-lenkrad PORSCHE / ALFA ROMEO / ABARTH / FIAT/ LANCIA | eBay

It's a really nice looking one, spoke design just like a Prototipo, but with a nice cross-stitching, and a very reasonable price. And it's 360mm...
I'm not expecting to find one for $220, that was just an example of a Regazzoni wheel that sold last week. I've seen a few examples of nice 350mm 70's wheels that sold in the $350-400 range, and that's more my budget. A couple of pre '82 wheels sold in Oz last week. A black spoke in average condition for $60, and a silver flat spoke for $100, but it was 320mm, a bit small for a Berlina.

And yeah I've seen the ones in Portugal. I think he's an alfabb'er. Lovely wheels, but the $1200-1500 price range is too rich for me. The Victor wheel looks nice, might have a closer look. Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.