Wanted Rear Suspension 45mm Strap - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Rear Suspension 45mm Strap

Does anybody know where to get the proper "yellow/rubber-canvas" 45mm wide rear suspension straps for a 101/early-105 car - for a reasonable price? I've checked quite a few sites and found (in 45mm) the gray/blue-green ones and saw one proper set for nearly $200. I'm sure there are more reasonable ones out there. My existing ones are in tatters. Thanks for your advice.
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog - LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Gold Subscriber

I have this pair of NOS limit straps. Pirelli decals. Perfect condition.
$100 plus shipping from 80228.
Karen at fastalfa1@aol.com
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Gold Subscriber

These are 45mm wide. See picture. Early Ti's, Supers and Ti Supers use single limit straps. Later use the double. Not sure when it changed.
Refer to page 248/249 Ti, Ti Super and Super parts book.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Trained Professional
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Point of note.
The 45mm wide straps are for vehicles with one strap per side. Vehicles with two straps per side, inner and outer, use 31mm wide straps.
Looks like the change occurred about 1967/68.

Series 1 Euro 1750 GTV
Series 2 USA 1750 GTV
Old 12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Centerline has them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCab View Post
Guys -it's no secret our online store is a bit long in the tooth.

Now - regarding the SB251 suspension limiting straps: We list them as 1 7/8" wide by 28" long, in the proper yellow canvas material. I believe these are what you are looking for.
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

L-jetronic Spider diagnosis (1982-1989)
L-jetronic V-6 diagnosis
OK injectors - fuel injector cleaning
Old 01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Thanks Karen, they look absolutely great, too nice to put on!!! I'll make sure the Pirelli sticker pointing out and back. How cool. The car is pretty original and this will fit right in. I just recently removed the 46 year-old Aliquant-BIANCHI blue shocks.

Some research indicates there were two strap "lengths" according to the shock stroke - 160mm & 180mm. No indication in PM as to when the difference applied but it appears that the shorter straps go with the Girling shocks while the 180mm with the Alinquant-BIANCHI. Perhaps a 101 and "earlier Giulia" versus "later" but no idea as to when. I'll theorize that it was with the 1st Supers in 1965 and see where the data leads. A separate thread in Sedans is examining that.

After a lot of huffing and puffing about the usual local suspects, they (Ian) advised me they were out with no hint at delivery. Euro vendors list them but I did not check stock since you obliged, and theirs would undoubtedly not be NOS. I'll take a snap when the go in but now I'm afraid I'll have to drop the axle and refurbish it to match the straps. Thanks again, Bruce
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-05-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Gold Subscriber

It seems there is a guy selling bizarre leather limit straps on ebay!

Why not D0lce & G@bbana silk straps
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Perhaps silk or lace if they were garter straps . I'm sure some Brit and other oldie cars take leather limit straps (and hood, spare, luggage hold down, etc.). Not in my purview though.
Gone-
Links
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Gold Subscriber

Yep, british cars for sure, even on suspensions, not giuliettas as far as I know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.