For Sale Carbon Fiber Milano / 75 Hood / Bonnet - Last One! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Carbon Fiber Milano / 75 Hood / Bonnet - Last One!

Guys, there's one left!

I've been sitting on it for another Milano / 75 project, but the reality is that it has to go; I need the money! The piece is here in the Seattle area (Washington State / Pacific Northwest) with me - ready to ship!

We sold a total of 26 pieces in the end and everybody paid $950 dollars for their hoods (and $550 a piece for their trunks when I had them), so it is only fair to ask the same price for this piece. I will consider offers, but these are parts of AMAZING quality, so think before low-balling me please!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 PM

The finish is phenomenal - right down to the UV-resistant clear-coat! Edges are perfect. I have had my two full sets on the 3.7 race car and on the black 24v street car for well over a year now in all kinds of weather and there is absolutely no sign of yellowing or green tint as is typical with cheap CF parts that come from the East!!!

These were professionally produced from molds of the top and underside that were splashed from original Milano / 75 parts! The hood will received all of your standard Alfa hardware! it is so light you can remove the hood springs! For everything else - including the crash-hooks - the hardware is already mounted / molded into the Carbon Fiber and reinforced!

Just FYI - some shots of the installation I did on the race car! There I did away with all of the standard mounting hardware and went with these cool hood latches and pins from Aero however, you can install all of the standard hood hardware, hinges, latches etc!

Email me via john@gatewaypartner.com or call me at 425.766.4278 please!

Cheers, JvR
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 AM

Bump-Bump... I'll consider an offer for both the fenders and the hood...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 AM

Looks like it was done right! I wish I was into the race style, I would definitely be interested. I am just trying to keep mine on the road everyday. Great job!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

The last hood sold!

I still have the one set of fiberglass fenders available.

Also, I was contacted by another member here who has his carbon fiber hood and trunk set that he has not installed yet and he may be looking to sell it! Same prices as quoted before.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hood & Trunk available

That other member is me. These were purchased for a 88 Verde that was totalled one year ago. I held on to these fine pieces thinking I'd use them for a replacement Verde or Milano but then succumbed to my love of Giugiaro hatchbacks (my first 3 Alfas were Alfetta GTs plus a series1 Scirocco way back in the day) and I recently purchased an 84 GTV6(its been added to the registry).

Thought I had a local buyer (greater Seattle metro area) but he has just recently changed his mind.

Same prices apply - $1500 for the set plus shipping. Yes, willing to listen to reasonable offers (send PM please) but 'reasonable' is the operative word here. These are one of a kind quality pieces that likely won't ever be reproduced.

Whether for lightness/dynamics needs (racing/driving 'con gusto') or for aesthetics/street cred, now's the time to step up and get this last available set - hood and trunk. The pics posted speak for themselves.
73 GTV - race car restoration
84 GTV6 - Signore Busso - GyroDisc Brakes, RSR Suspension, Jemison T/A, CSC SS exhaust
95 164LS - Black Bomber - 6sp w/Q2 LSD, Highway Cruise Rocket

Previous Alfas: 76, 78, 2ea 79 Alfetta GT, 78 Alfetta Sports Sedan, 86 & 87 Milano Verde, 86 Gold Milano (Mirko's race car), 94 164 LS 5sp (parted), 94 164 LS Auto (5sp conversion) - traded for '84 Interceptor.

84 VF1000F Honda Interceptor
07 VFR800 Interceptor, 25th Ann Edition

"Never apologize, never explain; your true friends don't need it, and your true enemies will not believe you anyway."

Last edited by Renaldo; 12-07-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: include locale
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 AM

RE: Hood & Trunk available

Ron, would you consider selling just the hood?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Gold Subscriber

I'd prefer to sell as a pair. Email sent to discuss further.
73 GTV - race car restoration
84 GTV6 - Signore Busso - GyroDisc Brakes, RSR Suspension, Jemison T/A, CSC SS exhaust
95 164LS - Black Bomber - 6sp w/Q2 LSD, Highway Cruise Rocket

Previous Alfas: 76, 78, 2ea 79 Alfetta GT, 78 Alfetta Sports Sedan, 86 & 87 Milano Verde, 86 Gold Milano (Mirko's race car), 94 164 LS 5sp (parted), 94 164 LS Auto (5sp conversion) - traded for '84 Interceptor.

84 VF1000F Honda Interceptor
07 VFR800 Interceptor, 25th Ann Edition

"Never apologize, never explain; your true friends don't need it, and your true enemies will not believe you anyway."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.