For Sale Oil Vapor Separators - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Thanks, I did contact Centerline earlier today so we'll see if they respond.

-Matt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemoose17 View Post
Anybody have any suggestions on how I could try to sell more of these?
If one of the traditional Alfa suppliers doesn't want to buy a batch consider ebay.

If you'd like I can mention them on the Alfa Digest (email list). If you want to persue that avenue, PM me with your contact info/price w/shipping/etc.
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

L-jetronic Spider diagnosis (1982-1989)
L-jetronic V-6 diagnosis
OK injectors - fuel injector cleaning
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:46 PM

Matt,

Although I have a NOS OVS just sitting in a box, I would like to buy one of the L-shaped please. A lot of people would be scrambling for parts such as this, if not for people like you so I say you should be rewarded for your efforts. PM to follow.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Do you know what the difference is between the two small connections on yours?
I didn't see anyone respond to this. One nipple is for the oil return line. It is the one on the body of the thing. The one on the lower pipe goes to the idle block on the Spica setup. It allows the vacuum to continue to pull air out of the valve cover when the throttle bodies are closed.

The Bosch ones don't have it because the main suction is on the engine side of the single throttle body, so vacuum is always present. You could just plug it up and it will work fine. If you don't want it to look funny all plugged up, you could plumb it to a vacuum port somewhere and it won't change the operation.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanks for making this piece! As to marketing you might try an Ad in the AROC Alfa Owner, as well as contacting the Alfa suppliers in Europe to see if it is something they might want to stock a few of. You might also try Greg Gordon or get a link on his web site since it seems a natural fit with the hoses he sells.

Has anyone put one on a Motronic car and plugged the extra nipple, curious as to the fit.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:59 PM

First off, I want to thank all who placed orders over the weekend, your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I wanted to point out that cleaning the vapor separator is a crucial part to any thorough service for the following reasons:

OVS's commonly clog due to moisture and rust (mild steel)
So, what happens then?
- crankcase becomes pressurized and eventually the seals will blow leading to oil leaks
- more likelihood of contaminated oil and milkshake stuff when crankcase can't breathe
- hose to pan gets clogged and can back up, causing another leak
- air flow to idle circuit gets clogged causing a poor idle, which you may think is ignition or SPICA related but is actually your rusted-out OVS

As is evident, maintaining a clean oil vapor separator is crucial to preventing oil leaks and keeping your engine running strong.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM

Matt,

I received my OVS today. Thank you very much, the manufacturing of the part is just like OEM and it came in a very timely manner. I have told friends of mine about you, so maybe they will need one as well.

John
Old 12-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni2000 View Post
Matt,

I received my OVS today. Thank you very much, the manufacturing of the part is just like OEM and it came in a very timely manner. I have told friends of mine about you, so maybe they will need one as well.

John
Thanks for the words of praise, John. I really appreciate it.

-Matt
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Christmas Bump =]

Happy Holidays to all!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:20 PM

Matt,

Got my OVS today- EXCELLENT!

My hat is off to you, sir!

Installed in 20 minutes, engine runs better, the old OVS is a mucky mess!

Thanks for having these made, excellent in all respects.

The best $150 investment I made in 2010.

Duke

Last edited by Duke58; 12-30-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Gold Subscriber

I am very impressed that you went so far out on a limb to get these fabricated... I can only imagine the initial expense. I hope that you sell enough to recoup your investment. We all take for granted the initial cost of tooling a part. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Wow 20 minutes? I should have hired you to do mine!!! actually I think the problem with my installation is the PO has some funky hardware and the like...the holes didn't seem to match so I had to elongate, but after I was finished I had the chance to drive it and it ran really smooth...Thanks again Matt
Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 PM

Do you still have these? I would like one for an 86 spider.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:11 PM

I have plenty of these. PM me your email or email me directly at uvillehockey17@gmail.com so I can send you an invoice.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 AM

Bumping this up to the top. Still have a lot left.

Tags
alfa, condensor, oil vapor, romeo, separator, vapor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.