For Sale Oil Vapor Separators - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Hello everyone,
The first part of the shipment of L-bottom vapor separators finally came in today. For now there is a limited supply of them (more to come). If you already expressed interest I have PMed or emailed you letting you know they came in. I also have a large supply of the straight bottom separators now.

Let me know if you're interested,
Matt
uvillehockey17@gmail.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Matt, can you post a pic of the L-bottomed one? Does this version still have the two small drain outlets or just one?

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold
1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM

L-Bottom Answers

I appologize for taking so long to respond.

The L-Bottom version still has the two drain outlets. It it identical to the straight-bottom ones except, obviously, it has an "L" bent bottom pipe. Attached are a few photos.

I still need to sell a good number of these just to break even, which would certainly be nice because this was a large expense. PM me or email me at uvillehockey17@gmail.com if you're interested.

-MAtt
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2010, 06:18 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Reason I was asking is the Motronic Spiders have the L shaped bottom but only one small return line for the oil and the sump. Do you know what the difference is between the two small connections on yours? I'm wondering if I could potentially just use one as the oil return line and then plug the other one.

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold
Old 10-28-2010, 06:19 PM

Mine just arrive about an hour ago. Looks great!

Now I need to get a set of hoses. Have you thought about putting together a whole package with the separator and hoses?

As for the two small hoses, you could plug the small connection on the L fitting if your car doesn't use it.

Last edited by Qmulus; 10-28-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:38 PM

I'm not certain where the hoses can be sourced or how long they need to be per car etc, so I figured I would try to avoid doing that if possible.

As Qmulus said, I believe you can just plug one of the fittings, but am not 100% sure.

Thanks for the words of praise Qmulus!

-MAtt
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Greg Gordon sells kits of silicone hoses for our cars. These are a high quality product - it's likely your heirs won't need to replace them either.

(there are colors other than purple available...)
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

L-jetronic Spider diagnosis (1982-1989)
L-jetronic V-6 diagnosis
OK injectors - fuel injector cleaning
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Just wanted to bump this up. I still have 3 L bottom ones left and a bunch of straight bottom ones - for this shipment anyway. Another shipment should follow soon. Let me know if you're interested.

-Matt
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 PM

FWIW, I installed my new oil vapor separator from Matt a couple of days ago. I picked up 2' of black Aeroquip 3/4" ID hose for line to the valve cover fitting and air box and 5' of 3/16" ID fuel line for the oil return line at a local racing supply shop. The total for the lines was ~$20.

It is nice to have it all together. From some reason I get an error when trying to post a picture, but if I can figure that out I will get it posted here.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:52 PM

I'm interested in a straight bottom for my 73 GTV. Pls advise if you have any left and how to order.
Thx
Ken
89 75 3.0 (Sold)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 11-14-2010, 08:09 PM

I only have one L bottom separator left as of now and I'm not sure when I'll get anymore. I still have about 20 straight bottom ones. Now is a great chance to have one in stock or replace that one you have had since the car was new!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM

The big shipment arrived today so I am pleased to announce that I have around 70 L bottom and around 50 straight bottom OVS in stock and ready to ship.

Thanks!
Matt

Last edited by loosemoose17; 11-30-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: quantity edit
Old 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Pretty nice fit... just plug and play. Installed with the original clamp and some 3M double stick automotive molding tape to make sure the OSV doesn't slide down the clamp (Matt's OSV doesn't have the circumferential ridge that the OEM OSV had to "sit" on the tightened clamp).
Thanks Matt!
Attached Images

89 75 3.0 (Sold)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Bump. Anybody have any suggestions on how I could try to sell more of these? As I said previously, these were a huge expense for us and I need to sell back a good number just to break even and right now I'm far from that. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Maybe contact some of the suppliers like IAP or Centerline, see if they want to sell it? I know they've done this with things like the chassis stiffener.

No idea how that sort of thing works though or if they'd be interested.

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold

Tags
alfa, condensor, oil vapor, romeo, separator, vapor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.