Plastic Front Grill and Fog lights - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Plastic Front Grill and Fog lights

I was wondering if anyone would know where i could acquire the lower front grille for the montreal. I have attached a pic to show what im talking about. Also my car is a one owner car. My fathers before me and it came with carello fog lights. See pic. Would anyone have a place were i could source replacements. Theres light fit into there own chrome housing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 07:43 AM

Garage
Hi Alex,

Cool story about your Montreal. I'd suggest that you contact Johni6020 regarding the black plastic under grill piece. He is selling Montreal parts in this link:
montreal parts

I have also seen the plastic grills on eBay. I suspect that your Carello fog lights may have been dealer installed, although they are the correct brand. Maybe you can find some on eBay as well. It would not hurt to place wanted ads in the classified section here as well:

Alfa Romeo Parts For Sale & Wanted - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Also, would you post a photo of the fog light switch? I am curious about the switch and its placement on the dash.

Mark
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Hi Mark
See attached for fog light switch switch
Attached Images

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 08:27 AM

Garage
Thanks Alex; the wiring appears like it could have been factory or maybe dealer installed. I don't know about the green switch handle. It looks a little odd as does the location of the switch.

I would try Alfa Parts Exchange for the parts, especially the plastic grill. Then Bartlesbeck or Hackner from Bruce's site:

The Alfa Romeo Montreal Website

Mark
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Garage
These are on eBay now; similar but different, I like your set better>>>

CARELLO JOD 9956 435-444 VINTAGE-FOG-LAMP-LIGHT-YELLOW ALFA FERRARI LAMBORGHINI | eBay

Mark
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Mark. I actually tried cannibalizing similar ones but the glass size is to big to fit the chrome housing. I found a site partscollector.com that had the same ones i have posted but after asking me for my address for a price quote they never got back to me. Hope i find them soon. Thanks again.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:42 PM

Personally, I would prefer a set of Cibie Type 35 Fog / Driving Lights down there. They are a much nicer design from the same vintage. Ferrari 308's sometimes have these.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:04 AM

Hi I have a pair of similar period Carello fog lights I removed from a Montreal several years back. They have the white plastic covers also. I can look them out and send a pic if you are still interested. Not sure if the lenses are yellow though as they were fitted to a UK car. Regards Rob
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Bob
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes i am interested. If you dig them out please take a photo. Thanks again. Alex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode