Vancouver Members! - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 10:42 PM

Hi Murat,

No, I don't have the equipment for that new, I pretty much stop at about 1980 cars, Try Bernie at Bent Wrenches in Mission.

Thanks, Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:53 AM

He's burned me to if anyone has any info on this guy or is suing him please contact me
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:05 PM

Spider 1997 front brake pad & rotor, rear brake rotor wanted

Just wondering if anyone is still here. I have a Spider 1997 that failed inspection today. I need front brake pad & rotors, rear brake rotor. Also the convertible roof doesn't open. Can anyone suggest where I can get these parts? I appreciate any suggestion

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:27 PM

Garage
Try Ricambi.alfisti.net or alfaworkshop.co.uk. They are both in Europe so you pay a little extra for freight but those are the best sources I found for my 1997 GTV 3.0
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:53 AM

Thanks, anything local? even used parts will do.
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Try Lordco there is really nobody here that sells Alfa parts. You may have to go to the US for parts Centerline, Vicks or APE ( used Alfa parts ) Call me tonight after 7 I might have some used stuff 778-989-3403

Thanks, Rick
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinuzama View Post
Thanks, anything local? even used parts will do.
I think nothing local. You can source used parts from Japan or Mexico or from the East Cost of Canada. Your parts are easy to find, find cross reference by Brembo and buy from ebay. Also in Vancouver you have several AR dealerships, order from them Ricambi Originali

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:20 PM

Max Pershyn

Sorry but do you have any idea what you are talking about? Do you live here, if you do, you would know that there is only 1 Alfa dealer here and they don't have a clue about anything older than a couple of years. Japan??? Mexico ???
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:20 PM

I'm from Calgary.
Ok, first I would find a part numbers you need.
http://pekidi.com/navi?FORCED=TRUE&K...PARAM=LANGUAGE

Use the VIN of your car and find what you need.
Ask any FIAT or Alfa dealers to deliver your parts, if they are still available. They can order your parts from Europe.
Mexico and Japan - Alfa officially sells cars in both countries, you can find a source of used and new spare parts from both countries.
Also by original part number you can buy aftermarket parts from Brembo for instance. Use EU version of Brembo web site, you find cross reference catalog. By Brembo catalog you can find cross reference to other manufactures.
Also Google TecDoc. It is EU version of cross reference for aftermarket parts. Google part numbers and you'll find what you need online.
Also you can go to subito.it or Kijiji.it and buy used parts from Italy.
Anyway you need to find original part numbers from ePer, this is the starting point.

post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinuzama View Post
Just wondering if anyone is still here. I have a Spider 1997 that failed inspection today. I need front brake pad & rotors, rear brake rotor. Also the convertible roof doesn't open. Can anyone suggest where I can get these parts? I appreciate any suggestion
You may want to talk to Leah's in North Van (formerly N&M -- Joey still works there). I think it's difficult to support cars that were not officially exported to North America because of supply, tools, etc.

OKP in Germany has everything you need (see here). They are relatively expensive but I had stuff arrive at my door 48 hours of ordering on their web site. AFRA in Italy has front rotors and pads (no rear discs, see here) but, unless you speak Italian, I find them a pain to deal with. Alfaholics in the UK is great if you're leaning towards performance gear (see here).

I hope you'll make it to the Father's Day event (same location, time, and access as last year, see this thread) -- preferably with your car, else there probably will be some other 916 owners to talk to.

-Ruedi
'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, now a restomod in Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:03 PM

Reudi, it won't work like this. He needs to know part#. There are 5 different part numbers of front rotors of GTV/Spider.
I do not think that there is a problem to find anything for GTV. It is a model based on Tipo2 platform. Some parts are from Tipo4 (164, Thema). More then 2 mln cars were made based on this two platforms. The hardest parts to find for GTV/Spider are rear suspension parts and some parts for interior.
All other stuff is easy to find at eBay or online stores. Also there is a huge selection of aftermarket parts. The problem is in shipment and taxes.
The first step of buying parts is ePer + VIN.

post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Off. Regarding AFRA. They want 176 Euro for the 1 front lower arm! Two arms made by TRW cost 50-70 Euro. The same is about brakes. Brembo Max rotors will have at least twice less pricing than original rotors from AFRA.
Their prices can work for old classic cars, but not for 916 GTV or 155.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode