Vancouver Members! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Red face Geo-bashing not...

Just to be clear, I've never met Geo and am not defending him or bashing him either, just trying to help Giovannig locate the former-Geo-lawyer so they can compare notes. (sometimes it's hard to dicerne a poster's intentions in this kind of forum!) With respect to my search, I was just going on my previous experience following other court cases in my day-job, but I could have missed something.

Ian Mac
'73 Spider - Rebuilding Engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Geo-bashing not...

Nobody wants to bash anyone here. We are trying to find some information based on some real facts. Hope there is no miss-understanding.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:07 AM

No, no misunderstanding at all ianmac and giovannig. If I knew more I'd be happy to share the info with you. It's horrible to place your car in so-called experienced hands and have that trust abused (I've been through that with VW/Audi in BC a number of times).

I haven't dealt with Geo, but I've heard quite a few stories about his services - then again, they're just that - stories, unless they come from those actually involved. In this case the incident was worth mentioning. Maybe start a thread. Someone is bound to know something more ...

1984 Alfa Spider Veloce - "Zingara"

post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Geo's back at his old shop on Kingsway operated by his son and himself.

1998 BMW M3
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Yes we know.
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to CN36
Gio (Girolamo) Clemente, CEM Auto Sport

It helps if one spells Gio (Girolamo as I recall) Clemente's name properly. He operated CEM Auto Sport until recently in Port Coquitlam. CEM probably stands for Clemente European Motors. I talked with Gio two weeks ago, and he told me that he moved back from Port Coquitlam because the car sales company that rented his premises for many years near King Edward and Kingsway had to cease trading there because the City of Vancouver did not want to allow more than 5 cars to be displayed. There were probably over 20 cars there for years, but after fighting the City of Vancouver for years the dealer gave up after being threatened with serious legal expenses. Fighting with the City of Vancouver also caused Gio Clemente (in his early50's) 3 heart attacks! He said that he planned to continue to service cars and sell parts for them; he was hoping to service more of the local Ferraris.
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Italian Car Show at the Italian Cultural Center

On Sunday, July 27 from 10:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. there is going to be an Italian Car Show at the Italian Cultural Center's parking lot. It is at 2610 S. Grandview Highway, near Slocan Street, Vancouver. Come with or without your Italian cars, motorcycles and bicycles, and meet your fellow enthusiasts. There will be tasty food and drinks and snacks.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

^
See you there!

1998 BMW M3
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Ouch!

I failed my vehicle inspection today. Need new front brake flex hoses and apparently, my left turn signal doesn't work (it does but I think Crappy Tire doesn't know how to use our turn signals) and apparently, my reverse light doesn't work! Ugh!

1998 BMW M3
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftaab View Post
Your best bet in Vancouver is FM Auto Repairs, 3816 East 1st Avenue, Burnaby BC (604) 298-8555. The owner is Franco Marascio and he deals with many of the local Alfas.
Hey aftaab,

Dropped by Franco's shop today and had a chat with him. Nice guy but you were right - he'll do only what he likes and feels is right and yes, he's expensive so to say the least but the quality of his work shows. I failed the Provincial Vehicle inspection for some really silly things like my left turn signal not working and my reverse lights not working but also, cracked front brake hoses. I can't seem to figure out the electrical gremlins so rather than drive myself up the wall and pull my hair out, I'll leave it with Franco for the time being since the turnaround time is pretty fast.

1998 BMW M3
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I fixed the electrical gremlins today. All that's left now are the front brake hoses.

1998 BMW M3
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 AM

AFFTAB,

Thanks for the kind words about us (Group 2 Motorsports) in Seattle. We have enjoyed serving you. I am sorry to hear it is so difficult to deal with shops in your area.

We have since seeing you, had two or three cars that were bought sight unseen, by new owners in Canada and the US. We inspected the cars, advised the condition, and carried out the authorized repairs. The cars went on transporters, or the owner would fly out and drive the car home!

We have enjoyed this experience, and have had the privelage in meeting Alfisti such as yourself. Thanks again for the good word!

Chris Benny
Shop Manager
Group 2 Motorsports
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi Chris, glad to hear you're getting more Canadian customers. I'm spreading the word that fellow Alfisti have options south of the border. Say a big "hi" to Keith, Joe, Mic and the others for me.

1984 Alfa Spider Veloce - "Zingara"
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Indiana Alfisti in Vancouver

Hello fellow Alfisti,

I have moved up to Vancouver to work on the Olympics and was wondering if there is a local Alfa Chapter in the area? I would be interested in joining and speaking "Alfa" as I am in need of a fix and can also lend some help on Alfa projects.

Please PM me.

Cheers,
Chip
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 03:30 PM

Hi Chip,
Welcome to Vancouver. We just had our meeting on Tuesday. You can contact me at 604-250-6444. Regards, Peter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode