I owned a car that was supposedly "rebuilt" by this seller. I was the second or third owner after the work was done but it still had a license plate holder advertising his business. The car was a '71 Berlina with a Motronic engine swap, and the more I got into it the more shoddy work I uncovered. Just a few things I remember off the top of my head:
- Bodywork was deteriorating, especially on the hood
- The clutch had a very low engagement, turns out the slave cylinder plunger had been replaced by a threaded rod(!) with a nut attaching it to the fork(!!)
- The oil vapor separator was installed low on the driver's side fender. Upside down.
- It had a bad battery drain when I bought it. Turns out the Motronic computer was wired directly to battery with no switch, relay, or fuse.
- The tach was sitting loose in the dash. When I tightened it down the car would no longer run, because it was wired wrong and mounting the tach correctly grounded out the coil.
So yeah, from my experience Bruno's reputation is well deserved.
1989 Spider driver
1974 Spider restoration project