Scca E Production '68 Spider For Sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 08-01-2004, 10:38 AM

Scca E Production '68 Spider For Sale

Log books from the early 70's. Totally restored. New, extensively modified, Mike Besic built, 1750 engine producing apprx. 180 HP. Carillo rods, J&E pistons, radical cams, major block and head modifications, 45 DCOE Webers. Original GTA headers with Supertrapp exhaust. New transmission and LSD rearend. All new Autometer gauges, wiring, braided lines, aluminum work around radiator, fuel pump and filter, Accusump, Butler Built alum. seat, sterring wheel. Has ATL fuel cell, Tilton alum. flywheel with Porsche 911 clutch. Fiberglass fender flares, hood and trunk lid. New red paint with 14X7 Panasports on NEW Hoosiers and New Steel race wheels with Hoosier Dirt Stockers for rain tires. Almost everthing on the car is new and there is probably much more I'm forgetting about. The car has been used at 1 track day practice session and 2 autocrosses since restored. Car was intended as a track day car and/or vintage race car. My plans have changed and I have not had the chance to run the car much. Roll bars might need to be altered for running in SCCA?? Asking $15000 Car is located in the Kansas City area. Call Don Zurliene at 913-681-8928 or email at dzurliene@aol.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 05:27 AM

Bump. Pictures available via email.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 PM

Would you sell it w/o motor? Also please email me pictures:

Last edited by italcarguy; 10-27-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:50 PM

Please send pictures too. I might be interested in the motor if you want the car?
87 BMW 325IS PRO3 race car #68
87 BMW 325IS (Rosie's car)
05 Nissan Armada
09 Mini Clubman
Old 08-19-2004, 03:40 PM

Will send pictures
Old 08-19-2004, 03:44 PM

ALFAFREDLY: Please email me your email address so I can email you the pictures.

Thanks, Don Zurliene dzurliene@aol.com
Old 08-22-2004, 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=italcarguy]Would you sell it w/o motor? Also please send pictures:[QUOTE]

If this engine is same or similar to the 1750 Mike had in his own car, and recently sold to my brother Erik, it would be worth having. While probably not making National level SCCA power, it is close. Erik's car is very, very strong, with a remarkably flat torque curve, and I was comfortable shifting at a low (for a guy used to 1300s with to much cam anyway) 7000rpms in the brief time I drove it before I destroying his gearbox :>( (also remarkable, he still talks to me)

Last edited by italcarguy; 10-27-2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:17 PM

(also remarkable, he still talks to me)[/QUOTE]

For now, anyway. I haven't written the check to Steve Schwitters yet for the tranny repairs!

Erik Wood
Old 08-26-2004, 05:32 AM

68' Spider

If the car is still available please email pictures to:

vintageracing@comcast.net
Old 09-03-2004, 05:55 AM

Bump. Car still available. Email pictures available. Need to make room in the garage. Dzurliene@aol.com 913-681-8928 Thanks, Don Zurliene
Old 10-02-2004, 06:19 AM

Sold, Thanks Alfabb.com!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.