164S and 164Q for sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Romper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

164S and 164Q for sale

I am new to Alfa BB but not new to 164s. I have a white 164S 1991 and a 164Q. One of them must go to make room for the new Giulia Quad coming. I have had the S for 20 years and put over 100,000 miles on it using it as a daily driver. It is white, with newly redone front seats in the original black (new bolsterding making the seat narrower for a better fit). The rear was dyed the original black so interior is great. It has new snows (Blizzaks) on the original wheels but now has new Perallies on the 17 inch Fittapauldi rims for summer. Just replaced rear muffler wiith a stock dual tip. Belts and tensioners repalced 3 years ago with 10,000 miles on them. As you can imagine this car has had to be kept up as I used it for busiiness trips. I have complete maintenance records form my purchase date. What I did not feel comfortable doing was done by Ferrari of Denver and most recently by Maranello Motorworks as shown on the clear carfax. The suspension is typically defaulted to the "stiff" setting. Other than that everything works. Even with the high mileage (190,000) it burns a quart about every 900 miles. (Valve guides are weak). I use Mobile 1 15/50 usually with a quart of Lucas oil treatment. It does not smoke. When not on the highways in Colorado the S has been garaged. I believe this car will go great as a daily driver with the usual maintenance for a good long time. I would like $3900. Please let me know if you might be interested. I have not taken any pics yet.

The 1994 Quad on the other hand is way too good for my daily use. I bought the car 2 1/2 years ago from a fellow Alfisti in California. It garnered 93 points at an Oregon Alfa meet when he had it. This car also has 190,000 miles on the clock but mechanically is very sound with no smoke of oil burning. I had Marenello Motors go through this when I got it. Lower end checked out great including bearings and oil pump. Bill installed new belts, tensioners, steering rack boots, repaired the AC, replaced the in tank fuel lines, replaced all 6 ignition coils, spark plugs, as well as motor mounts. All of this within the last 3000 miles. I have maintenance records from new done at Ferrari of Seattle as well as former owner and mine since purchase. Interior is great as former owner dyed the maroon seats the original color. This car is in the Alfa Quad international registry as 34 of 35 imiported in 1994. I want to be totally straightforward about this car. I have a clear title. but the carfax revealed an accident which resulted in a total loss reported in 2007. The former owner I bought it from indicated a fender repladement, hood, and windshield was all needed to bring it back. Considering the cost of those items and the value of the car at that time, it is not surprising that the insurance company totaled it. Current wheels are Zenders 17 inch with dated rubber showing typical wear on inside edge from the negative camber. At this point this car is in great condition and will stand tall at shows or on the street. Everything works which is amazing. This car needs a great appreciative home. I hate to see it go!! I realize the diminished value resulting from its history, but feel it can go for considerably less than current market. Come and get it for $7100.

Pictures to follow.
bluetick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

These are just a few of the Q. More available upon request
Attached Images

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 09:44 AM

Any chance the 164Q is still available?

No need to respond if it is gone.

-Mark

--
To be able to post e-mail addresses your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mark,

Yes the Q is still available, but committed to another buyer. As of yet I have seen no money. Maybe you know how that goes. I am in Denver CO. Does this car look like something you would definately be interested in?? Let me know!!

Romper
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 02:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romper View Post
Mark,

Yes the Q is still available, but committed to another buyer. As of yet I have seen no money. Maybe you know how that goes. I am in Denver CO. Does this car look like something you would definately be interested in?? Let me know!!

Romper
I have a 67 Super restoration for sale so I can buy the Q...just so everyone knows. If anyone wants details I will be posting the car to either Craigslist or EBay this weekend. I had a buyer but he changed his mind, and other one hasn't returned my phone call.

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocedoc View Post
I have a 67 Super restoration for sale so I can buy the Q...just so everyone knows. If anyone wants details I will be posting the car to either Craigslist or EBay this weekend. I had a buyer but he changed his mind, and other one hasn't returned my phone call.
I'm interested in the Super, if you could PM me more details and where you're located. I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.

Robert
1968 Euro-spec 1750 GTV (under restoration)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 03:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirkpatrick View Post
I'm interested in the Super, if you could PM me more details and where you're located. I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
Contact me at 65veloce at gmail dot com I will give you all the details. Then I can buy the Q..

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode