Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce For Sale

For Sale 
4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  divotandtralee 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd post this here in case anyone missed it. It has been confirmed as a genuine Veloce by Automobilismo Storico Alfa Romeo.

Alfa Romeo GTV Giulia Sprint GT Veloce | eBay

If you have any questions, please use the eBay messaging system as that sends me an email right away and is easier for me to manage.

Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hagerty, I am quite sure will insure this car for more than the reserve. So what does it need? A trunk mat? If it runs and drives and stops as it should... well what more can one ask for in a step nose at this number. Name one Alfa built after 1967 under $40,000 that has this much upside potential under. .. A Duetto? .. a horse race but they seem easier to find and far easier to make right IMO. GLWTS... the weeds are full of last minute shoppers.

#8 ·
That was the dealer discount IMO...He sniped it (6 sec) so there was room above his number, I guarantee it. On the plus side, you shouldn't have to worry about a buyer who gets cold feet and backs out when he sees the car. Take the money and walk. He'll sell the BWA's a tires and refit some steel wheels, take care of the underside overspray and the trunk mat and maybe even redo the front seats to match and flip it after some engine detailing...easy peasy for a dealer... and being in CA he can call it a "CA" car and be sort of correct. Also, you will never see it advertised. I would bet a case of Michelob he has a customer in mind and it will go away until the next C&C and no one will recognize it without the VIN number. Good luck on the trip to the bank. Had I not bought a '69 Jr. in Italy in the last two months, this would have been on my radar at that number....Uncle.

#4 ·
Step Nose

I love driving my Step Nose but I'm becoming more afraid as I see their upside value becoming more obvious....So afraid of SUV's......It was an $11000 car when I bought it in 1999....I bought it knowing I wouldn't be flushing that money down the drain and knowing I would have a smile on my face every time I would drive it.....

#5 ·
My second Alfa was a 65 Sprint GT. There aren't really any significant differences between it and the later 1600 GTV. Detail improvements, mainly.

Far and away the most pleasant to drive Alfa I've ever owned. Great handling, light weight, good mileage, reliable, comfortable, easy to work on. I'd rate the 66/67 GTVs as just better versions of a very good original. The cars got a lot heavier from here on, and were more restrained in many ways.

A green 67 GTV would have been on my list if I wasn't already over my head with Alfas.

#6 ·
Thank you for the kind words everyone! You are all very correct. It's tough to find anything this nice (Italian, 1960's, sporty, etc) in this shape for under $40,000. I'm not trying to play it up or anything, but it really is a wonderful car to drive and a pleasure to own.

They are going up in value, yes, but I still think they're a car that can be enjoyed thoroughly and perform very well. It's not inherently obvious, but the styling differences between the Sprint GT Veloces and later GTVs are pretty significant once you really look at them. I prefer the earlier years, but that's just me.

#7 ·
Well, it sold to a dealer in California. Back from whence it came! I guess that means he figures he can flip it and make a profit on it? Oh well. I'll be interested to see what he advertises it for.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support! We'll be sad to see this Alfa go!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.