eBay Scammer? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-26-2006, 09:27 PM

Angry eBay Scammer?

Seen 26 Jun 06 on eBay, item 160000609391 1965 Alfa Romeo by tazman01930, of "Cape Ann", United States. I believe this to be Carlo D'Alelio, with a "business" in Beverly, MA. This is a newer eBay ID. He has been mentioned in a couple of posts in the Alfa Digest Net as a non producer of items after they have been paid for. Such is my sad case. See the adverse comments in his eBay scorecard, contact the buyers making them. Google his name including SEC for an action against him. If I had known before I bought the car from him, I would still have my money. He is in early 40's with a heavy Italian accent, and a quick thinker.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to user459
Scam?

Thanks for the heads up. I bid on this car and thought it strange when he did not answer a question I sent him. I'll be wary of him next time!....
'79 Spider Veloce

Nothing drives like an ALFA!
www.alfamagic.shutterfly.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Gold Subscriber

I've bid on several Lancias that he has offered but then stopped after he repeatedly failed to respond to questions and I noticed bidding patterns that made me think the auctions were dishonest. Sorry you got burned - don't give up, get the FCC involved and local law enforcement.
1990 Lancia Delta Integrale 16v
Previous Italian:
1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco
1997 Alfa 146 1.8 Twin Spark
1990 Lancia Delta Integrale 16v Grp N
1990 Alfa 164 3.0
1974 Alfa GTV 2000
1967 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3
Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 AM

yes , user tazman01930 is indeed Carlo D'alelio.
That man is a swindler , and its not just parts not beeing sent!
Google him again , theres another case including this Italian. As far as i know there are more people beeing befooled. Those are tens , hundreds of thousand $$ . Everybody needs to watch out for he is a liar , till the very end.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HIS OTHER EBAY ACCOUNTS , POST THEM HERE
Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Carlo D'Alelio got me too!

I have just joined the people who have been burned. Almost $ 500, he did not ship the stuff I paid for. Stupid me, I trusted him. Opps, expensive lesson on my part. I will try to recover from Visa card. Anyone can email me at greyalfa@hotmail.com.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM

Cool

Read the posts and thought I'd do some research on this guy for y'all.

= = =
Carlo DALELIO and D’ALELIO, 46, has multiple addresses (Newton, Needham, Gloucester, Beverly, Peabody, Lynn) with the following relatives (Susan F., Pasqualina L., Giovanni D., Lilly D., Massimo, Chrisitan D., Deborah F. and another Carlos).

The Dalelio address in Gloucester is 21 Norman Avenue. My guess: he's buying property with all those whose money he's received and putting the property in the names of his family and/or business associates.

My guess is that your Carlo has multiple aliases and in engaged in various types of scams using different names. He's got scams up on craigslist at various places and ebay, using at least two accounts ~ tazman0193 and aceman2001. I'm fairly confident he has more scams going, based on what I've found via Google. Carlo:
- is banned from the SEC (US District Court, District of Massachusetts, C.A. No. 97CV12160-JLT) as being a financial consultant or advisor and is banned from contacting anyone connected with stocks and portfolios.
- defrauded Sabaj et al for $240,000 (Sabaj System,sp.z.o.o. et al v. D'Alelio, et al - 1:2008cv12165 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets)
- http://www.bustathief.com/carlo-dale.../#comment-2989.

I suggest everyone and anyone whose had dealings with this guy to contact eBay AND PayPal because fraudulent actions are against their terms of service. Carlos will have a difficult time working eBay without PayPal, once they cross-check the contact info on the differnet aliases. And, if eBay refuses to comply, report eBay and Carlos to the FCC and ice.gov... but, definitely report him to the FBI and the Police Departments in each of the cities listed.

The world will be a better place without him and those like him preying on the unsuspecting, who want to conduct business with integrity.

Good luck on getting your money returned. This guy sounds like another I with whom I became familiar through a whole diff scam. I gave the FBI this other guy's info and they are building a file on him. I suggest you do the same with this low life, Dalelio.
C
Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Gold Subscriber

This may help

Hi -
I live in Boston and was looking on this website for a mechanic recommendation and came across this thread - http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/aone...rth-shore.html
It lists a Carlo(s) and his cell phone number. It also has some past employers and where he may work. He might be easier to chase down, if he thinks that you have a repair job for him. There is a link to another Alfa site that might work also.
The reason that I believe that this may be the same person is the tag from his e-bay name - 01930. That is a zip code for Beverly, MA which is at the beginning of Cape Ann.
If this is the wrong/different person, sorry for the confusion. Good luck!!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Gold Subscriber

I was wondering about that car as well. I live within an hours drive and I had offered him a cash deal to go get the car. Never heard from him... Maybe someday this type of predator will be removed from society. It seems he has made quite a nice living from the hard earned money of other, trusting hard working folk. Always remember.... KARMA is a B*TCH, and when it catches up with you, it ain't pretty... And no one looks good on camera in front of a judge. He will get his day either a 45 year sentence by an angry Judge, or a 45 by an angry guy from Boston's "North End"...
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM

Exclamation 3 Addresses... how about some photos to post?

Two addresses listed for DALELIO and one someone else posted for European Legends:
Homes (supposedly)
29 Nashua Avenue, 01930
21 Norman Avenue.

European Legends
77 Alley Street, Lynn, MA 01902. 781.596.1520

Maybe someone who lives nearby would like to drive by and take a few photos of DALELIO and post them on FACEBOOK, YouTube and/or TWITTER and let us all know here, by replying to this post.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM

I always here these stories about how people get scammed out of money on a car.. This is the most rediculous way to loose money I have ever heard of. First of all When you win a car on Ebay. or Buy one on the net,(craiglist or what ever) the first thing you do is email the photos over to your insurance agent with the VIN number. You get an agreed value policy issued for the full purchase price of the car prior to shipping it in.... If it turns out to be a scam then you simply submit a claim for the lost money and cash your check and let the insurance company go after that person... Simple. How come more people dont do this basic step????
Old 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjay911 View Post
I always here these stories about how people get scammed out of money on a car.. This is the most rediculous way to loose money I have ever heard of. First of all When you win a car on Ebay. or Buy one on the net,(craiglist or what ever) the first thing you do is email the photos over to your insurance agent with the VIN number. You get an agreed value policy issued for the full purchase price of the car prior to shipping it in.... If it turns out to be a scam then you simply submit a claim for the lost money and cash your check and let the insurance company go after that person... Simple. How come more people dont do this basic step????

This must be a policy issued by AIG. I would suspect that as long as the VIN came up clean the agreed upon policy amount would/could be VERY disputable. What if the 9 out of 10 paint job the seller promised was a 7 in your opinion, and the pristine interior you were told the car had was full of 6 small cigarette burns.... Who gets a check? Or is it all back to the buyer getting screwed, now even more because they bought a policy against loss that is up for discussion. Has anyone ever used this? I see it working if a car never gets delivered, or falls off of the the transport truck, but for what we all fear (misrepresentation) I don't think it works.... My opinion. But then again i believe all sales have risks.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Addressing this DALELIO issue with eBay & PayPal

I've sent the following to eBay and PayPal and thought the rest of you might consider doing similar, so that eBay and PayPal might be persuaded to actually look into and delete DALELIO's accounts to protect the pubic.

If interested, instructions to address this issue with PayPal follow the narrative below.

eBay's Online Fraud Complaint Reporting Form can be accessed via Rules for Listings – Overview
or try just straight email via abuse@ebay.com.

Cheers!

+ + + +
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...y-scammer.html is just one of a few online sources whose members are complaining about Carlo DALELIO and D’ALELIO, 46, who has multiple addresses (Newton, Needham, Gloucester, Beverly, Peabody, Lynn, Cape Ann) and has used at least two different aliases on eBay/PayPal: tazman01930 and aceman2001 and, possibly, aceman_2001. Tazman01930 is also listed as supposedly living in Australia in one of his ads.

Carlo DALELIO and D’ALELIO’s relatives are Susan F., Pasqualina L., Giovanni D., Lilly D., Massimo, Chrisitan D., Deborah F. and another Carlos) ~ information provided, in case he uses their names to complete his scams.

I found two addresses listed for Carlo DALELIO in Gloucester:
29 Nashua Avenue, 01930
21 Norman Avenue.

The address for European Legends:
77 Alley Street, Lynn, MA 01902. 781.596.1520.

If you cross-check your registrant entries using DALELIO and D'ALELIO with European Legends at any of the multiple cities listed above, I am sure you will discover more for this scam artist.

I'm fairly confident DALELIO/D’ALELIO has more scams going. Based on what I've found, Carlo scammed many. Read:
- http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...y-scammer.html Three posters recount losing money and two are happy they didn’t follow through with the guy.
- FindLaw Class Action and Mass Tort Center: Securities: SEC Resources: The SEC via US District Court, District of Massachusetts, C.A. No. 97CV12160-JLT, banned D'Alelio from being a financial consultant, advisor or contacting anyone connected with stocks and portfolios due to fraudulent and criminal activity.
- Sabaj System,sp.z.o.o. et al v. D'Alelio, et al - 1:2008cv12165 - Justia Federal District Court Filings and Dockets). DALELIO defrauded Sabaj et al for $240,000,
- http://www.bustathief.com/carlo-dale.../#comment-2989. An article where one person states s/he is "missing hundreds of thousands of $" due to trying to transact a legitimate business deal with an unscrupulous DALELIO.

If the "buzz" becomes that eBay and PayPal won't stand up for and protect those who are getting scammed on your websites because you refuse to cancel the accounts of those who knowingly and repeatedly scam others, eBay and PayPal will lose members and, thereby, future revenue and market share to those auction sites that will offer better protection against scammers like DALELIO.

Please do something pro-active about this repeat criminal/scammer. The auction world will be a better place without him and those like him preying on the unsuspecting, who want to conduct business with integrity.
Thank you...

+ + + +
Link to PayPal Customer Service:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...cd6b76e9a2739e

INSTRUCTIONS for lodging a complaint per PayPal (sent to me):
"We want to help you but we're not able to respond directly to emails
sent to this address. One of the best ways to get answers to your questions is to go to the PayPal website and visit the Help Center by clicking "Help" at the top of the page.

If you have a problem with limited access to your account, you'll need
to:
1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Resolution Center" at the top of the page.
3. Follow the instructions in "Steps to Remove Limitations."

If you can't log in to your account, you'll need to:
1. Go to the PayPal website.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
4. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions.

We value your business and want to provide you with the best customer care.
Thanks,
PayPal
Old 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlund View Post
This must be a policy issued by AIG. I would suspect that as long as the VIN came up clean the agreed upon policy amount would/could be VERY disputable. What if the 9 out of 10 paint job the seller promised was a 7 in your opinion, and the pristine interior you were told the car had was full of 6 small cigarette burns.... Who gets a check? Or is it all back to the buyer getting screwed, now even more because they bought a policy against loss that is up for discussion. Has anyone ever used this? I see it working if a car never gets delivered, or falls off of the the transport truck, but for what we all fear (misrepresentation) I don't think it works.... My opinion. But then again i believe all sales have risks.
The art of negotiation starts with knowing the answer before you ask the question... In other words without coming off as a Complete A Hole to you. Me thinks its time for you to get with the program... Call your state farm agent... Agreed value is just that. YOu pay a premium based on a value that you and the insurance company agree too prior to the policy being in effect. As far as condition thats not what Im addressing. Im addressing the stolen car issue or the guy that takes your money and doesnt produce a car...

POlicys I have had in the past
89 Ferrari 75,000 Hagerty
73 Jaguar XKE 50,000 state farm
81 Alfa romeo GTV-6 10,000 State Farm
The list continues....
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM

I think Peter is right. If you aren't on the title, your claim will be denied because you aren't the registered owner of the car. Your car wasn't stolen, your money was stolen. You can't insure a car you don't own.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:54 PM

Call your state farm agent... You can insure any car if you have a vin number and photos... It does not have to be your car or in your posession. I just purchased another Car on ebay tonight. Tomorrow I will email the vin and photos to my agent to get my agreed value policy on the car so that Just in case the seller takes off with my money the car is coverd and I have some recourse.... This is what all astute collectors do....even if they cant spell... like me....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.