For Sale 1979 Alfa F12 Furgone (van) For Sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM

1979 Alfa F12 Furgone (van) For Sale

I am making the decision to part with this wonderful project Alfa as I need something a bit larger for a van, and would like to make some more space. This is only the second F12 I am aware of in the States. It starts and runs quite well, but needs more regular usage. It has rust in some areas, mostly covered in the pictures with duct tape. I had the starter rebuilt a few years ago, and a previous owner had the brake master cylinder rebuilt as well several years ago. Comes with extra keys, and factory shop manuals. Needs a fresh battery. Has a little over 53k KM on the odometer, believed to be original. Located near Sugar Grove, IL (west of Aurora) Asking price is $2300.

Contact me with questions,

vince
vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Now, that's one cool looking van. Best of luck with the sale.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/signaturepics/sigpic896_1.gif
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Gold Subscriber

What does it have for an engine?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:24 AM

It has the original 4 cylinder Perkins diesel between the front seats, sorry I forgot to mention it. Engine was rebuilt 9/2002.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Is that Timothy Rodgers' old van? If so my son and I had rust rain down on us from the roof riding around in Santa Barbara.

PS, hello Vince.

Andrew
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Gold Subscriber

Very cool!
If only my lotto numbers had come up, and I had a place to put it, and my wife thought it was a good idea, and....
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that's the one! As much as I've kept it inside almost all of it's 4.5 years here, it has gotten a bit rustier even when it was inside and never driven in rain or snow.

vince
Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM

I wanted to thank everyone who has asked me for more info, pictures, etc about the van. I am going to post some additional pictures of the van and it's areas of concern here. Then I'll respond to people in the order they contacted me. I have over 20 people to respond to.

To answer some of the big questions: It is titled in IL as a 1971. Built January 1979 per Alfa. Blue is the original color according to Alfa. Engine is the original 4 cylinder Perkins diesel, supposedly rebuilt in 2002. Yes, it is the van that Dirk imported and was owned by Tim, then Emilio in Santa Barbara. It was rusty then, and despite not being driven in rain or snow and being garaged for almost all of 4.5 years, the rust has gotten a bit worse. Not very interested in trades unless a yellow kamm back pre '75 spider in fairly decent shape is offered.

I am hoping it goes to a good Alfa home and may even spend some time with a competent metalworker to repair the rust.

Again, many thanks for your interest and patience!

vince

Last edited by vince7; 06-27-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Pictures..first of the interior, engine, etc.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 PM

More Pictures
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM

More of the rust
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 PM

Undercarriage pictures from when the van was at Emilio's in Santa Barbara, before I left with it. And BEFORE I had the tires replaced!
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Finally, a roof rust picture, hard to see. And the included manual and parts books.

Thank you again for your interest and patience! I will post when the van has been sold.

vince
Attached Images

Last edited by vince7; 06-27-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Despite my odd attraction to anything diesel powered, I'd love to put a 2 liter in this...
Old 06-27-2013, 08:55 PM

As to the payment questions, I prefer cash in hand, USPS money orders, or a wire transfer to my bank if you are far away. I'm not really interested in using PayPal due to their fees, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.