Alfa Romeo Forums banner

alfa 33 1.7 QV 1988 in USA

For Sale 
8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Brit01 
#1 ·
If I was to import this model to USA how much are these worth?

33 1.7 QV Series 2 (1988)

This car is in pristine condition.
zero rust - total body (bare metal) respray recently. Coming from a mild climate country with zero salt on roads.
140,000 kms.
Engine totally rebuilt just 3500 kms ago
Upgrades such as alfa embroidered leather seats
MSD ignition, Magnecor cables
EMPI filters with rampipes (plus original airbox etc).

Just considering importing it (maybe keeping it or selling it if the price is right).

Thanks

#6 ·
If it's 25 years or older it does not need to comply with EPA or Vehicle/Bumper and Theft protection rules. All exempt.
So just freight and some minor importation rules apply (undercarriage cleaned etc).
So where is the difficulty in that?

So if it is imported and as it's a rare alfa in USA I was just looking for an estimated value.

alfistas/enthusiasts I'm sure would be interested.

#10 ·
Don't bother you will sell it for less than it will cost you to buy it and bring it in the US. Minival value for us here in Europe

#12 ·
in that case bring it and see what you can get! otherwise you can keep it looks very clean!

#16 ·
dogs that were built around car of the decade (alfasud 70's)!! Do your research.
Great performers, 950kg, low positioned engine and brilliant torque at low revs(you don't get with the fuel injection).

It's not a debate carbs vs. injection.

Just relevant comments please.

Anyway topic is over now - my work visa petition was just denied!

Looks like my alfa will be staying where it is. Dreams of owning my GT are now far away!

#18 · (Edited)
thanks mate.
L1B blanket.
Fighting with them now as they have really screwed it up. Did a lot of research in the last week and looks like I've been lied to.
Didn't even fill out DS-160 or have a CO interview but my company say it was denied!!!!

You get to keep and drive an amazing underrated, underappreciated Alfa.
Very true - I will miss this great boxer engine if I was to sell it. Great fun to drive and just ask for more and more with that gas pedal!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.