For Sale 1976 Alfetta GT - $500 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM

1976 Alfetta GT - $500

For sale in Sammamish. 1976 Alfetta GT. Blu Olandese in color with higher level cloth interior. Perfect for a ChumpCar, LeMons car, or a fun street driving "restoration" and feature it in Hemmings "Drivable Dream" series.

INTERIOR: The interior is in GREAT shape....light grey/blue in color. Dash is in great shape as well, very minimal cracking. All instruments are in great shape and center console looks great. The carpet is faded to that purplish Alfetta color, but is in solid shape. Has the factory AC (GTV6 type)....not the Baher stuff or whatever that's called. Comes with the original owner's manual. Comes with a later GTV6 ignition switch and factory key. I don't have door or hatch keys. The Momo wheel pictured was broken and is long gone. Funky stock steering wheel comes with it.

EXTERIOR: (and I love the stripes..which is why I got the car to begin with..gold stripes with gold Daytonas). The paint is hazed in lots of places, but you can dig deep and the paint will shine again. I've done it to various places on the car. Rust in bottom of rear of both front fenders. Little bits here and there. Rear hatch is in solid shape, although has some rust too...nothing absolutely crazy at this time. I've seen MUCH worse. Slight denting on the right taillight area. Nose is in perfect shape. Car has factory bumpers on it. Does NOT come with the gold Daytonas, headlights or the GTV rear quarter vents. Car will come with Turbinas as pictured in the final picture below.

MECHANICAL: Everything is there and complete, has an ANSA exhaust on it, but I think it's a straight pipe. Perfect for Lemons/Chump car...plus it looks awesome as it's nearly center exit with no angle to it. When I bought the car in October 2006, I drove it up and down the street albiet very rich and not happy. The TA was completely retracted. I messed with it, had it running again once I bought it, but never right. Still SPICA....then I didn't have it running and in my shop it sat for 2-3 years. In 2010 VintageRob and I started it again with some minor SPICA adjustment and let it get warm--it was running really rich again. Needs some SPICA work, but I think the car could run. Fuel pump comes on, low pressure light goes off. Will need a battery. I remember the clutch and the shifting of the car was really great which is why I was going to keep the car, etc.

But, I'm out of space and I want to concentrate on my 79. So I'm going to let this go cheap.

I bought it from a guy who got it from a tow yard auction, so I have the notorized auction paperwork so getting a title for the new owner won't be an issue, but I never went to the DMV to transfer to my name.

$500, come get it! I can even deliver it to reasonable distances. I need it gone by the 15th.
Attached Images

Last edited by bjwhite; 03-08-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Gold Subscriber

Those Daytona wheels look great on the alfetta gt...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Yes they do. Which is why I'm keeping them. ..and since they are 4x98, they also fit Fiats and Lancias too.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:32 PM

Come on peanut gallery! Anyone? Before I post it to Craigslist or god forbid take it to the crusher?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 PM

Just sent you a PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 PM

alfa salvage

Is the rear section Ansa good? the rear strut for the hatch good?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Cool color.
I actually like the color scheme - the pinstripe works, especially with the trim strip on those large bumpers.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Congratulations! You just made Nice Price or Crack Pipe over at Jalopnik.com!

Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars

-Ralphie
Old 03-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Hilarious..... Jalopnik.

Still available. I'd love it gone this weekend!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:43 PM

..and if Jalopnik is wondering why I wanted to keep the headlights, it's because they were my vintage Cibie europeans.... that's why.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM

There is one at the local pick a part. Same year and color, no rust. I would have saved it had I known of it before it went to the scrap yard. A fifteen hour drive each way is a bit far. Would have to rent a trailer also. I just can't do it.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Delivered today to an Alfa-loving owner up north. Thanks Jon...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Thanks! It was a good day as I have acquired three new Alfas! Too bad I won't keep them for too long, but at least we'll be saving them from unloving owners right?!

I need some advice with this car though... I'll send you an email with my questions.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM

This is as close as it gets to the same car I had 28 years ago. Same blue paint same Daytona gold wheels. Not the same...mine had a custom rear spoiler that had another 1" or so added to the lip and it was lowered.
I've been looking for my car for 10 years.. Must be in some scrap metal yard somewhere. Why is it that we want the cars we had when we were young? Maybe some day I'll find her or duplcate her.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm happy to hear that it wasn't scrapped. I would probably cry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.