For Sale 1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 09-02-2009, 12:27 PM

* SOLD * 1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal * SOLD *

Hi Guys!

So I thought that I would keep this beauty but I am an Audi Fanatic so she is up for sale.

I picked her up from the Original California Owner that purchased her in the mid 70's when arriving in California.

Older Gentleman had health issues and parked the car and stored in his home climate garage in California for almost 15 years.

I purchased it from him and did a full tune up with all fluids flushed, brand new fuel pumps from Europe.

She has original 32,000 Kilomoters about just under 20k US Miles.

Car is very nice no rust what so ever since it has been in California ever since it left Italy in mid 70's.

I am firm on the price of $30,000 Dollars.

This is a very nice example of original car nothing missing.

Original owner installed some electrical items including radio system, some extra interior lights and so on as he was an electric fanatic as well.

I hope the car will go to someone that will love it like I love Audi's.

I am including my website address where I sell some cars Part Time so you can see the pics that I took of her.

Ata Car <------Click Here For PICS

Any question please dont hesitate to contact me.

I have Clean California Title to this Montreal and it is currently registered.
Attached Images

Last edited by urquattro; 09-28-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: SOLD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 AM

Stunningly beautiful car. Only thing that could hold it back is the color. I'm sure I could learn to live with it. ;-D
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I'm Crying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquattro View Post
Hi Guys!

So I thought that I would keep this beauty but I am an Audi Fanatic so she is up for sale.

I picked her up from the Original California Owner that purchased her in the mid 70's when arriving in California.

Older Gentleman had health issues and parked the car and stored in his home climate garage in California for almost 15 years.

I purchased it from him and did a full tune up with all fluids flushed, brand new fuel pumps from Europe.

She has original 32,000 Kilomoters about just under 20k US Miles.

Car is very nice no rust what so ever since it has been in California ever since it left Italy in mid 70's.

I am firm on the price of $30,000 Dollars.

This is a very nice example of original car nothing missing.

Original owner installed some electrical items including radio system, some extra interior lights and so on as he was an electric fanatic as well.

I hope the car will go to someone that will love it like I love Audi's.

I am including my website address where I sell some cars Part Time so you can see the pics that I took of her.

Ata Car <------Click Here For PICS

Any question please dont hesitate to contact me.

I have Clean California Title to this Montreal and it is currently registered.
In the process of 3.0 conversion on my GTV-6 and complete restoration of my 74' GTV. Otherwise I'd take that beauty off your hands! That's my favorite color on the Montreal too. If this was 18 months from now, I'd take her in a heartbeat.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Platinum Subscriber

gold color

Wow, I was thinking just the opposite about the color-- gold is awesome. the ones you usually see are either red, orange, or lime green. I love the gold.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Gold looks best

For sure! The bodylines are accented best with the Gold Paint the the contrast of the balck hood scoop stands out best (in my opinion) against the Gold paint. This thing is a steal for $30K with that type of mileage on it. If I were in a different position, it would be mine. Too many projects that are bleeding me of cash right now.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Gold Subscriber

I'm not a big fan of gold, but I think it looks great on this car. Kind of like yellow ochre is really a nasty color, but for some reason looks stunning on a GTV.
Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquattro View Post
How ironic. The only place I could find rebuilt pumps for mine was in ... Texas!

Anyway, this low mileage Montreal certainly looks the part! It'll probably need a lot of new rubber hoses after the long park (the water hoses are probably chewing gum once they're hot), but that's pocket change compared to a major overhaul or a mechanical renovation on a high mileage specimen. I'd say this is a pretty rare find in the US because of the scarcity of Montreals, and methinks you're rid of it in no time
Old 09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Oh! One of my dreams!

I've always liked these. Gold is a very nice color. I thought the bronze and red would be too.

Are the headlight baffles supposed to go down like this;

Name:  th_41.jpg
Views: 19114
Size:  4.7 KB

I think I'd have to sell an alfa to make space for her.

Beautiful car.
Russell
Old 09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Oops, other photo

When I first saw this pic I got confused.

Name:  43.jpg
Views: 33224
Size:  141.2 KB
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM

The headlight grilles are supposed to do that when you turn on the parking lights or headlights. The system is pneumatic (with a big helper spring) and operates on the big, black, blimp-like air tank in the engine compartment. It's a simple and robust system.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM

boys, I too love the gold!! Great period color and great on this car. I just have concerns when I look at the off site photo link that the engine bay doesn't look low mileage. I'm not looking for shiny shiny but it looks a little untidy especially when compared to the rest of the car. Has there been any body or paint work? Any interior restoration? Most importantly, how are the spica pumps?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM

I looked at this car last week, If anyone would like an unbiased assessment send me an email. No relation to owner, I looked at it for a friend and he is pursuing something else currently. Rich Ott also checked it out, you can compare notes.

Larry Jr.
Alfa Parts Exchange
Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Hi, nice car you have there. I am not very familiar with the Montreal but I have recently become interested in purchasing one. A friend of mine has a GTV and it has rust bubbles in the windshield and rear window area (a common area I've been told). I would like to to know if your car has any rust bubbles in that area and whether the car has original paint.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

Montreal for sale

Hi all! Last week, I responded to this post for what seemed like a nice (but overpriced) Montreal. I saw that the post has a link to a website where the seller says he sells cars "Part Time". I replied to the post and asked the seller a couple of questions about rust and whether this car has original paint but received no reply.
Today, I noticed that the seller is also advertising the car on the SF Craigslist. That ad has a link to a car dealership in Walnut Creek. The same dealership that he said he sells cars from "part-time". When I didn't get a response on this board, I went to the link in the Craigslist ad and found a full on used car dealership that does not look like a "part-time" operation.
This, and the fact that the seller hasn't answered my questions, looks a little suspicious. Besides, what "Audi Fanatic" that sells cars "part-time" would buy a Montreal?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 PM

Hi ustrunz,
I am the private owner of this montreal , and Ii am also an owner of my business that sells part-time used cars where I happen to also advertise my car with more pictures.
I am sorry that I had no chance to get back to you since you had asked the question on Saturday which was a 3 day holiday and today is only Tuesday the 8th.
But to get back to your question NO, the car has no rust what so ever.
If you are still interested, my link has my contact information on it including a telephone # where you can get a hold of me if you are a very serious potential buyer at my firm price and if you needed this question answer right away.
Thanks for looking at my posting.
Take care.
Tomas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.