Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ITS HERE !!!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ITS HERE !!!!

I got from reliable source that NY area Ferrari dealers got a look of Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Maserati Gran Turismo and test drove them.
Alfa disappeared after that in hiding !!!! may be 2008 at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg View Post
I got from reliable source that NY area Ferrari dealers got a look of Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Maserati Gran Turismo and test drove them.
How exiting!! I have a feeling the car will achieve many awards. Cant wait to see one in person.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM

uhh.. The US spec 8C dropped in to Detroit a month ago.. Detroit of all places. Talk about laying down the gauntlet..? Too bad we're only getting 99...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/31/a...erica-in-2008/

There's videos of it driving around at this unveiling as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
uhh.. The US spec 8C dropped in to Detroit a month ago.. Detroit of all places. Talk about laying down the gauntlet..? Too bad we're only getting 99...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/31/a...erica-in-2008/

There's videos of it driving around at this unveiling as well.
We talked to a few Alfa customers at Meadow Brook- they were invited to buy one via Maserati and Alfa Romeo. The one guy we met was really nice, and very excited about owning one.

But for 2008?? No way- they've got a LOT of paperwork yet to finish via the EPA and DOT. I think a 2009 model is very realistic, though.

Eric
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 AM
In the Spider's Nest
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Zunige
Quote:
You can find a lot of pictures of the 8C at the AROC convention web site: www.motorcityalfa2007.org. The car was shown at the AROC Concours and the Meadowbrook Concours (Aug 4-5)...

Best regards,
164 91S, 93L & 95Q

Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA
DARKSIDE MEMBER
Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolarespider View Post
We talked to a few Alfa customers at Meadow Brook- they were invited to buy one via Maserati and Alfa Romeo. The one guy we met was really nice, and very excited about owning one.

But for 2008?? No way- they've got a LOT of paperwork yet to finish via the EPA and DOT. I think a 2009 model is very realistic, though.

Eric
Eric,
It's possible that the Alfa customer you spoke with was Barry Cross, from the Delaware Valley chapter (he was driving his Maserati at the convention). He's definitely a decent guy, and very excited about being #40 something on the list for the 8C. With any luck, I'll get to see an 8C again in my lifetime , but if I were Barry, I wouldn't let me in the driver's seat
Jim
91 Ducati 900 S/S
06 Ducati Paul Smart 1000
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDuc View Post
Eric,
It's possible that the Alfa customer you spoke with was Barry Cross, from the Delaware Valley chapter (he was driving his Maserati at the convention). He's definitely a decent guy, and very excited about being #40 something on the list for the 8C. With any luck, I'll get to see an 8C again in my lifetime , but if I were Barry, I wouldn't let me in the driver's seat
Jim
Could be- my dad talked to him for a long time, but I'm super bad with names.

Eric
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Just like this one in Detroit??!!

Attached Images

Some springs, shocks and poly urethane sprinkled about!!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Any truth to the rumor that the West Coast (Seattle/Tacoma) area already has a few new Alfas registered and sold? The story was that the Boeing/ Alitalia deal made that happen.

No 8C here however. I heard that it was more likely 147, 159 and Brera.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971
Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)
President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada & Club Alfa Romeo de Montréal
AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)

Member: A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM): www.clubalfaromeodemontreal.com
alfaromeodriveralex@gmail.com
(514) 771-9513
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 AM

$212,000.00 !!! I couldn't afford the one they have to crash test for the DOT crash certification.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Any truth to the rumor that the West Coast (Seattle/Tacoma) area already has a few new Alfas registered and sold? The story was that the Boeing/ Alitalia deal made that happen.

No 8C here however. I heard that it was more likely 147, 159 and Brera.
That's probably because there are some Alitalia employees or pilots in the country. They can bring them in and use them, but the cars will probably have to go when they leave. Most likely, they will leave as cargo on the new planes.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/signaturepics/sigpic896_1.gif
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM

This might be a good place to ask, some knowledgeable guideline kinda folks in here..

Can this be the final US Spec car as-is? I dont see any rear turn signals *That can be seen from profile (I thought this was the standard now?), nor running lights, they cleverly mounted the front turn signals though within the main headlamp assembly...

Anyways, something ive been wondering, but i honestly dont know too much about US Reg's.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:55 AM

I think it has some small orange turn signals in the side vents, just a little round ball. I'm not sure if it otherwise has all the necessary kit. It may need to gain some small red side marker turn signal lights at the rear. I thought my car (which has similar lights at the rear) doesn't have them but it does.

Also, I have some pictures of the US spec Audi R8 and it does have little orange spears and red rear ones on its side that aren't on most of the cars you see online.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:06 AM

video alfa 8c,only members but the registration is FREE
http://www.quattroruote.it/video/index.cfm
the test on the road and circuit ? in september quattroruote magazine.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:03 AM

Hard to register if you don't know Italian. Oh, well.

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.