Sticker Price Question - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wibler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Sticker Price Question

Typically how negotiable is the sticker price on a new 4C? What can I expect off nowadays?

Nothing?
5%?
10%

Just curious, as I am right in the middle of working a deal for one.

r/Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Where are you located? I have a friend who is Alfa Fiat Studio manager who I used for my friend' 4C Spider and she ended up with a super deal. He had a few in inventory this summer. I don't know what he has now but can check with him. He has airline ticket voucher for one way to pick up car.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Maintenance Sticky:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily drivers: USA models - 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO;

Daughter's current ride: BB1 my 164L and Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus is back up.

New parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Needing TLC non-blackbeast the 93 164L

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Southwestern Indiana.

Already been in contact with the closest dealer and they have located a vehicle. Probably start negotiating next week.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:29 PM

Spider seems to be more flexible on pricing than the coupe.
Not sure why, although there is talk that the coupe will leave us in 2017 (dealers are already only getting minimal allocations). There is nothing official yet, but a number of dealerships have been saying so since 2015.

There have been some +/- $10K discounts below MSRP reported on older Spider stock (depends on model year, options, and dealership situation). This seemed to peak in late fall, and might reflect dealerships in areas that get winter not wanting to be stuck with high/old inventories for 5-6 months. I don't know what the current situation is, but highly suggest that if your local does not capitulate you call others across state or across the country. Lots of owners have purchased thousands of miles away, and saved thousands of dollars in the process (even after shipping or flying to collect the car, and the hassle of out-of-state registration). Of course, if you can do a deal locally, so much the better!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Well, anybody have any idea here? I am going to be at my dealership tomorrow and the dealing will probably begin. It would be nice to know what I typically should expect.

My gut feeling is that Alfa is not selling a ton of these cars so I should get a pretty good deal off the sticker. Probably not 10% but I would assume at least 5%.

r/Mike
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Platinum Subscriber

A friend who bought a Fiat 500 Abarth from Jake Sweeney Alfa in Florence KY claims that they are offering 10K discount on the 2015 4C coupes they have in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibler View Post
Southwestern Indiana.

Already been in contact with the closest dealer and they have located a vehicle. Probably start negotiating next week.

George Schweikle

1976 Spider (Dedicated Autocrosser, "SPICA, No Carbs")
1991 Spider Veloce (Retirement cruiser)
Scuderia Non Originale
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I would call John M at Alfa Romeo 4C in Greer, SC | Benson Alfa Romeo and see what he has in stock. He cut my friend Karen a real deal on her yellow Spider couple months ago.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Daily drivers: USA models - 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO;

Daughter's current ride: BB1 my 164L and Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus is back up.

New parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Needing TLC non-blackbeast the 93 164L

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:14 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
My experience with car dealers, in general is....If they have to get a car for you from another dealer, you won't get much discount.

It's better to buy from a dealer that has a car in their inventory.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 02:07 PM

Well???

How'd it go today?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Canada View Post
Well???

How'd it go today?
Just agreed on a price with the dealership. Wisconsin dealership letting my dealer have the car. I'll be an Alfa Romeo 4C owner in about two weeks!

Competizione Red, hard top. I don't like convertibles.

r/Mike
4Canada likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibler View Post
Just agreed on a price with the dealership. Wisconsin dealership letting my dealer have the car. I'll be an Alfa Romeo 4C owner in about two weeks!

Competizione Red, hard top. I don't like convertibles.

r/Mike
Congrats!!,
Same colour as mine. You'll love it.

Come join us on 4c-forums.com as well as this site, if you want, for lots of detailed info about your new car.

Enjoy!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:15 AM

Congratulations, you will enjoy it!

1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Q4 - Proteo Rosso (530.000km) --- 1989 Lancia Thema 8.32 - Verde Indy (260.000km) --- 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C - Rosso Competizione (45.000km)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode