Jacking Points - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Jacking Points

Need some help if anyone could provide pictures of Jacking points on my Alfa 4C. Ran over an ugly nail in my rear tire. Managed to drive it home as it was not leaking. I would like to remove it and bring to the dealer, but Don't want to use the emergency kit if I don't have too. I've seen some pictures online, but I find they are not that great. I just want to make sure before I jack it up. Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks

AG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Along the rocker panel you will find an arrow that shows the location of the jacking point.

Follow along that line directly inboard towards the center of the car (it's a lot further in than you would think). You will find a rectangular area where the engine under tray is missing and you can see composite reinforcing ribs and a few bolt heads. That is the rear jacking point.

I strongly recommend a rubber jacking pad or hockey puck between your jack and the body. Just using a jack could scratch things up, although structurally it would be fine.

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks For your reply, I see where I think the jacking point is. If uploaded a picture, would you be able to confirm the jacking point. I just don't want, to screw it up for a stupid nail. Thanks

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 11:24 PM

The rear jack point has a waffle like texture. That's the only place you can safely lift the rear from.

The front is much easier. Yes, there is a bump under the car that is the official jack point. But, you can safely lift the front anywhere that is carbon fiber. There is only 1000 pounds at the front axle. Yes, I've lifted my 4C many times.

The hockey pucks make very nice tools. I think mine were $5.00 each at Big 5.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
The rear jack point has a waffle like texture. That's the only place you can safely lift the rear from.

The front is much easier. Yes, there is a bump under the car that is the official jack point. But, you can safely lift the front anywhere that is carbon fiber. There is only 1000 pounds at the front axle. Yes, I've lifted my 4C many times.

The hockey pucks make very nice tools. I think mine were $5.00 each at Big 5.
Thanks for the Hockey Pucks tip. Can you please confirm the front and rear jacking points please. Please see attachments. Thanks
Attached Images

AG
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:16 PM

Looks right to me.

The rear jack point is part of the sub-frame.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA4C View Post
Thanks for the Hockey Pucks tip. Can you please confirm the front and rear jacking points please. Please see attachments. Thanks
Yes those are correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Looks right to me.

The rear jack point is part of the sub-frame.
Thanks for confirming. Much appreciated.

AG
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCab View Post
Yes those are correct.
Thanks for confirming on the jacking points. Would you happen to know what the Torque value is for the bolts? I will ask the dealer as well. I just to make sure they don't feed me some dumb number. Thanks very much. Great board.

AG
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA4C View Post
Thanks for confirming on the jacking points. Would you happen to know what the Torque value is for the bolts? I will ask the dealer as well. I just to make sure they don't feed me some dumb number. Thanks very much. Great board.
Officially it's 72 lb/ft but I always use 75 lb/ft as it's easy to remember.

750-ALFA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode