• 3 Post By rags747
  • 1 Post By kcabpilot
  • 1 Post By Racer Z
  • 1 Post By JoeCab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

1st impressions - 2016 RC Coupe

Guys/Gals,

Just picked her up Fri Jun 10 at about 1pm.

I have to say that this car is really insane, 38 miles on the odo pulling out and after the commute home about 64 miles. Fill out all the paperwork which was easy as all cash deal + trade and then onto the car. Funny thing...Service Mgr Steve goes to start her to pull her out and she's dead...Thought to myself, How appropriate! One of the service guys evidently had left the interior light on, quick boost, they pull her out and she's good to go. Very little orientation.

When I initially pulled out of the dealership I thought Oh man this thing is raw, but after a few miles things settled down. Obviously still in Natural mode but Manual. She is entertaining as all Hell and I know that I am really going to enjoy her . Mixed highway and then backroads .on the trip home

- I love the downshift blip of the throttle
- I love the gear/tranny whine
- The noises made by the turbo popoff valve are nuts
- Hard ride, but very very solid piece of machinery, no rattles . Very happy with how she seems to be put together, feels like one piece.
- Still in Natural but can tell she has balls, maybe another 75-100 miles for Dynamic, cant wait.
- Race exhaust is perfect for me, plenty of rumble. Some say too loud, I love it.
- 1st DCT, but I think I will be highly entertained and I still do not have full appreciation of her capabilities. Dont think I will miss manual
in her at all. I still have two others with manual to get me through anyway.
- Manual steering is a big Non Issue, don't understand what others are talking about. Easier than my Fiat 124 Spider back in the day from what I can remember.
- Rear view while driving is not as bad as advertised imo, have not tried backing up yet but can see where that will be interesting and I ahve the backup sensors.

- Cabin rear window needs to be cleaned in the engine compartment,. Done rather easily Sat.

- to think that Alfa Romeo could make such an outrageous car for the street really makes me smile/laugh.

The radio I have no idea what the hell Im doing, finally just put it on mute. Need to do some reading this wknd, have a stack of stuff on my coffee table to go through. Drove home with the seat in one position but have pushed it back a notch in the garage and will try that out tonight. Sun update, iPod connects np. Sys sound is just ok.

Only small issue so far that I can tell is that the passenger side view mirror does not extend far enough out, anyone else experience this? Resolved Sat, moved my seat back one more notch from how I drove her home and now I'm legs and arms more extended and better view from the pass side mirror.

Anyone on the fence just go do it, shes as outrageous as you have read...and Im still in Natural mode. Love her...

As of today still in Natural mode at 120 miles, Dynamic is within reach, 150 miles I believe.
Attached Images

Vsix, Lokki and 4Canada like this.

87 Maserati Biturbo Spider since new, 13 Abarth 500
16 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:41 AM

It's so exciting every time a new owner drives their 4C for the first time. Your thousandth drive will be just as exciting.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 09:10 AM

I feel as though I'm losing balance and might fall off the fence
horsewidower likes this.

Paul - 1972 Spider - (2)1991 164S's - 1983 308 - 2001 Discovery - 1997 F350

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcabpilot View Post
I feel as though I'm losing balance and might fall off the fence
If you fall towards the 4C, that will be a good thing.

My life is balanced so much better now that I have a 4C.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 11:26 AM

Well that's what I meant. I had never really seriously considered it before but circumstances have changed and when I started to really look at it I thought, why not? It still doesn't make any sense but why does everything in life have to make perfect sense? I mean, there are people out there spending the same money on something like an Ariel Atom and I figure a 4C would be like a decked out Mercedes compared to that and still be just as much of a riot.

So, first thing I have to do is go sit in one and see if I fit.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Well that's what I meant. I had never really seriously considered it before but circumstances have changed and when I started to really look at it I thought, why not? It still doesn't make any sense but why does everything in life have to make perfect sense? I mean, there are people out there spending the same money on something like an Ariel Atom and I figure a 4C would be like a decked out Mercedes compared to that and still be just as much of a riot.

When I got serious about buying a 4C, I checked out other cars in a similar price range. Porsche, Corvette, Jaguar, Maserati and so on. What I truly wanted was a coupe, not a 2+2, not a two door sedan, a true two seat coupe. There's not many being made. And, I wanted a purist's sport coupe. Even harder to find.

All the other cars were certainly good cars and I probably would have enjoyed them. But, I kept trying to justify the price. When I went back to the 4C, there wasn't anything for me to justify. I simply wanted it and the rest didn't matter.

I was on a waiting list for eleven months and I waited over a year to get on that list. I ended up buying the first 4C sold in Los Angeles. I was not able to test drive it. I got charged that ... exotic car fee, better known as 'they saw me coming'. By the time I paid all the tax and other dumb stuff, it was US $100,000

That was 21 months and 22,000 miles ago. I have no regrets.

She's my daily driver, weekend canyon toy, and vacation vehicle. My wife and I drove her to Seattle and back. 4000 miles in three weeks. Took all the backroads. She's every thing I expected, and more.
Max Pershyn likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:00 PM

What color is that 4C? Is that whats called Rossa Competition Red?

r/Mike
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:

Go for a test drive, I think that will tell you everything you need to know. You will either buy one immediately or know it's not for you. Luckily dealers have stock and test drives are easy now, most people that bought 2015 LE cars were not allowed test drives.

Getting in and out is a chore, but there's plenty of room once you're inside. I personally feel a 4C is a great compliment to older Alfas; it doesn't have to be one or the other. They are completely different, but can make you feel exactly the same.
4Canada likes this.

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:13 PM

Joe - I ended up buying a 308, same concept under older skin but with a gearshift and a clutch pedal that will give you a left thigh the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger's. Also something I can tinker with.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 AM

kcabpilot, you don't mean a Peugeot 308, do you? I drove one in France last month, they are nice cars. The one I drove had an automatic.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunki View Post
kcabpilot, you don't mean a Peugeot 308, do you? I drove one in France last month, they are nice cars. The one I drove had an automatic.
No Peugeot on this side of the Atlantic.
Ferrari 308, I'm sure!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:39 PM

No, Ferrari 308 QV

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
It's so exciting every time a new owner drives their 4C for the first time. Your thousandth drive will be just as exciting.
Mine is coming up tomorrow afternoon, on the way home from the dealership. An hour and 15 minute drive. Hope you are right, and I am smiling all the way home..

r/Mike
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibler View Post
Mine is coming up tomorrow afternoon, on the way home from the dealership. An hour and 15 minute drive. Hope you are right, and I am smiling all the way home..

r/Mike
That's been my experience. Looking forward to hearing all about your first impression.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode