1st impressions - 2016 RC Coupe
Just picked her up Fri Jun 10 at about 1pm.
I have to say that this car is really insane, 38 miles on the odo pulling out and after the commute home about 64 miles. Fill out all the paperwork which was easy as all cash deal + trade and then onto the car. Funny thing...Service Mgr Steve goes to start her to pull her out and she's dead...Thought to myself, How appropriate! One of the service guys evidently had left the interior light on, quick boost, they pull her out and she's good to go. Very little orientation.
When I initially pulled out of the dealership I thought Oh man this thing is raw, but after a few miles things settled down. Obviously still in Natural mode but Manual. She is entertaining as all Hell and I know that I am really going to enjoy her . Mixed highway and then backroads .on the trip home
- I love the downshift blip of the throttle
- I love the gear/tranny whine
- The noises made by the turbo popoff valve are nuts
- Hard ride, but very very solid piece of machinery, no rattles . Very happy with how she seems to be put together, feels like one piece.
- Still in Natural but can tell she has balls, maybe another 75-100 miles for Dynamic, cant wait.
- Race exhaust is perfect for me, plenty of rumble. Some say too loud, I love it.
- 1st DCT, but I think I will be highly entertained and I still do not have full appreciation of her capabilities. Dont think I will miss manual
in her at all. I still have two others with manual to get me through anyway.
- Manual steering is a big Non Issue, don't understand what others are talking about. Easier than my Fiat 124 Spider back in the day from what I can remember.
- Rear view while driving is not as bad as advertised imo, have not tried backing up yet but can see where that will be interesting and I ahve the backup sensors.
- Cabin rear window needs to be cleaned in the engine compartment,. Done rather easily Sat.
- to think that Alfa Romeo could make such an outrageous car for the street really makes me smile/laugh.
The radio I have no idea what the hell Im doing, finally just put it on mute. Need to do some reading this wknd, have a stack of stuff on my coffee table to go through. Drove home with the seat in one position but have pushed it back a notch in the garage and will try that out tonight. Sun update, iPod connects np. Sys sound is just ok.
Only small issue so far that I can tell is that the passenger side view mirror does not extend far enough out, anyone else experience this? Resolved Sat, moved my seat back one more notch from how I drove her home and now I'm legs and arms more extended and better view from the pass side mirror.
Anyone on the fence just go do it, shes as outrageous as you have read...and Im still in Natural mode. Love her...
As of today still in Natural mode at 120 miles, Dynamic is within reach, 150 miles I believe.
87 Maserati Biturbo Spider since new, 13 Abarth 500
16 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe