Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Where's "Pinyo"??
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Hey mr. jerry,

Thanks for the kind words. I follow your posts of art, poetry and prose, with great interest and respect, so your comments are highly valued. We're glad you enjoyed the vicarious voyeur's vacation!!

The car performed amazingly, far better than I had hoped for. I anticipated at least one moderate (several days) garage visit but we had none, over 8000 miles yet. In reading Brooklands "AR Giulia Berlinas 1962-1976" now, all the review comments are well validated, both the good and the bad. And by far most are good.

In hindsight now that we are home and settling back in, this was even a greater opportunity than we had recognized up front. It was "Alfa heaven" as you say. Beforehand there is so much thinking, planning, scheduling and arrangements to be made that the end-result is a bit vague. There was also the uncertainty on the performance of the car. It is now such that we half consider leaving the car there to do another trip again!! But there are more nice cars there, and perhaps Alfa will have a European delivery program like they did in the "old days". I keep trying to convince my wife that we are missing the white coupe to make the Italian Alfa trifecta. It a MiTo or Guilietta a coupe???

Here's to hoping that you can plan such a trip as well and taste Alfa heaven on earth. Now that Pinyo is consigned to coming here, we are already planning our first US voyages with her, both moderate and long.

So 9 pages, 204 pictures (of some 3000 shot), and 5 video clips later, the deed is done. We just await the car now. Will update later when she arrives.

Thanks again, Bruce
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog - LINK

Last edited by Anfanuts; 08-21-2010 at 09:04 PM.