Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Giulia TI

9K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  Racer Z 
#1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of a TI in the US? I had a dealer originally tell me they would be here last weekend and now it is pushed to next week..

#2 ·
Where are you located? Here in SoCal dealers are expecting first Giulia/Giulia Ti shipment in around Jan 28. Rest of the country will probably get them sooner. Just saw a Reid Bigland interview the other day and apparently they are shipping 1000 Giulias by end of January - we should see them in showrooms soon.

#6 ·
Apparently the base Giulia and the TI will (should, hopefully) be in dealers this coming week in the Montreal area. Having now seen and sat in a Ti at the autoshow I can say that the car is nicely put together and real! Has anyone in the US or Canada test driven or at the very least seen these two models in the dealerships?

#7 ·
The 2017 Giulias are here in the States. About a week ago I test drove a Quad (QV) and yesterday my wife and I drove a Ti. The base Giulia is here at the dealer also. My dealer (Santa Monica, CA) has about 12 Giulias with more on the way. Like all things Alfa, 'on the way' is an open-ended statement, nobody knows WHEN they will be here.

I put about eight miles on the Ti in Dynamic Manual mode and all types of driving conditions. My one statement is, "This is how sedans should have always been built."

Before you make a decision on which new sedan to buy, drive a 2017 Giulia first. Then make that decision. I haven't driven any of the direct competition, so I can't voice that opinion, but both my wife and I really do like the new Giulia.

^^^^^^was a quote from RacerZ in another thread...they are indeed here...his dealer in Santa Monica has them...obviously availability depends on where you are and your dealer because clearly some dealers have them...

#10 ·
Ad and price for it here in Hartford, but when that link is selected, it goes to the quadrifoglio model.

Would be neat to drive one. Both actually, but the base model would suffice since I'm in traffic most of the time!

Del, lets go test drive when you're here next!

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Test drive, oh yes, but Barb will probably worry about me doing something foolish, lol, being the bookkeeper. Actually, can't afford to buy one now, as for our 40th anniversary we've booked another Alaskan cruise on a small French luxury liner (ice rated, semi expeditionary), only 240 passengers, to be taken in 2018 from Nome (after it completes it's voyage through the Northwest passage, thanks to climate change) to Vancouver. Takes a little money but really worth it. Second time on this boat, Le Soleal, Luxury Cruise Ship - Le Soleal - PONANT.

If we were to spend money on a new Giulia (one with a manual in Europe I think), one or more of our other cars would have to be sold, but not Barb's Milano of course, she's made THAT very clear.

#13 · (Edited)
There are Giulia Ti's here in Los Angeles. My wife and I test drove a Ti Friday. It seems MDriver and I have the same dealer in Santa Monica. I put about ten miles on it. **** nice car. This is how sedans should have always been built. The base, Ti and Quad are in. About half have been sold already. They have plenty more on the way, all in Italian time.

I have it on good authority that the Giulia Ti has an optional LSD available. This would be a real Limited Slip Differential. Apparently you have to place a special order to get it. I know a guy here in LA that is waiting on just this. Definitely an option I'd have to have, even if I never track my Giulia. I got to talk to my dealer about this, not to mention that they're not expecting any Giulias optioned the way I really want one, LSD aside.

I think you are referring to the Ti Performance Package:
Active Suspension; Mechanical Limited Slip Differential; Sales Code: AY7; $1,200
(These came from the pricing/order guide)
edit: Seems I've been censored. I suppose I could have said "Real", but that just doesn't describe how I feel.

#17 · (Edited)
My Dad and I drove a Ti Lusso the other day and were very impressed by it. Interior seems on par with the Audi's we both drive only more artistic for lack of a better word. Very quiet when required and handled well although we never got it out of Normal mode. Plenty of power. Our dealer also had a Rosso Red Q4 with the Sportpak option, beautiful but sold the day he put it on the lot. They also have another 2 normal Giulias.
The 4 they received were part of the initial group brought into the states and they had no choice re options.
My Quad is somewhere in the cycle, not sure where though but my dealer thinks perhaps the end of this month, the first of March.

Can't wait!

#19 ·
So annoyed by Alfa, none of the dealerships down here have received a base or a TI and they seem to have no clue as to when it will be coming in. It gets pushed out weekly....
Yup. Typicle Alfa behavior. Your dealer knows nothing because AR is telling them nothing. Be grateful that they're being honest with you and not blowing smoke like some dealers do.

#22 ·
Our dealer has one of each, Giulia RWD, Giulia TI AWD and Quad RWD.

#23 · (Edited)
Our local Austin dealer has the "base" Giulia in, they acknowledge they need a better name for it. Sticker is like $37k and $42k for a TI. They brought one to our monthly CNC this past Saturday. It looked quite nice. It had a dial for engine setting (eco, normal and sport) but they said it did nothing for the suspension. They expect the TI's shortly.

#27 ·
I've been to two dealers in the Washington, DC area and both have a few Giulia's and Giulia Ti. I have checked inventory and there are no models with the features that I want so I'm going to order one tomorrow. A friend ordered one yesterday. I'm told the next order that goes in well get delivered by the end of May, early June. Knowing Alfa that could be a pipe dream but lets see.

#28 ·
Same with me. My dealer here in LA didn't get any Giulias I liked so I special ordered a Ti. Only time will tell how that turns out. I'm in no rush and the Giulia won't be replacing my current daily, a 4C.

#32 · (Edited)
Sounds very nice. Will have to test drive one of these things I guess. Color not bad either, maybe a little bright, but what the heck (I remember when the Merkurs came out years ago, they had an electric blue color. Zowee, that burned your eyes).

I would prefer either a lighter softer metallic blue, or a darker one. The Giulietta we rented in Italy was painted a dark metallic reddish black. Very nice. Might have been the Vulcano Metallic Black. In sunlight it had a brown or reddish hint to it in some angles. We really liked it.

Out of curiosity, where/how are owners mounting the front plate if required?

Right now, the state and county we are in now has car tab charges and tax that add up to at least 20%, meaning that it makes us back off from buying a new car. At our age, the cars we have will most likely have to do.

#33 ·
Good question Del re: front license plate.

I reached out to Joe and Co at Centerline yesterday to see if they had any leads as yet.

I guess I could do what I've been doing with my Spider over the past 20 years .... leave the front plate in that hard to reach box in the back of the garage.

#34 ·
I looked at a white TI two Saturdays ago in Albuquerque. I think it was the third one that the dealer received, and the salesman said the other two had sold the day they arrived. From what I saw (and I had no time to drive it), I would prefer the TI to the other similar sedans currently available - but I still need to drive one, of course.

One thing that I found a bit irritating was the $4k "premium" added to the price. The salesman said that amount was generous, since "back east" they were adding $10k. Anyone else experienced this? If so, I can wait until the hype dies down. Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.