Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa trucks, busses, transporters, and trollys in miniature

11K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gtv2000 
#1 · (Edited)
A company in Italy called Gila models makes excellent hand made, limited series of a number of 1950s Alfa commercial vehicles in 1/43rd scale. The problem is, with the low value of the dollar and the shipping costs, they are very expensive....in the $400 each range. Some are even more. If anyone is interested, you can check out what is available at Gilamodelli Sas I am the importer of these models to the US, but keep nothing in stock do to the high cost. If anyone is interested in any of these models, PM me or e-mail me. The bus, trolly and gas tanker are now out of production, and will only be available for another month or so. Probibly of most interest would be the race car transporter

Ref 222 Alfa Romeo 450

Thanks,
Stu Schaller

#2 ·
The problem with Gila is that their models, although very well done, are expensive, and there really is not enough interest amongst collectors here in the US for me, or someone else to bother importing them, even at wholesale.

The discount rate from retail is minimal unless you buy at least 10 assorted models at one time, which would involve an investment of around $4000-$4500 if shipping charges from Italy to the US are included.

To make a reasonable profit, I would have to sell them at as much or more than someone who just bought them directly from Gila.

I am simply not in a postion to afford investing that much money to make something like 10% profit.

If anyone is interested in getting any of these models for themself, I would suggest you contact Gila directly, through their website.

#5 · (Edited)
I can supply Tipo 500 trucks; open bay; canvas covered; tipper.
Do you collect or buy for a shop?
I bet "ausaf" is neither a buyer nor a collector. I reported him as a link spammer (somebody who posts so that search engines find the links in the posts). Please edit your post and remove the URLs in the quote or delete your post completely (as the moderators have already removed all of ausaf's posts).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.