Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Megasquirt II ignition control.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
slyalfa

I am a VEMS guy so I do not know to much abut the MS trigger but if it is at al programable I woud trigger off the crank. there are a few kits out there.(even wes has one). I would use a spica pully and grind off one of the teeth. That is what I am doing now but I use the spica wheel side as I am controling the spica. and have the spica mounted. I use a ford type wasted coil. I got a acell very cheap but the ford plug cost almost as much as the coil. I think I will use the GM type from now on. as the connectors seem easy to get. also the ford takes funky sparkplug wires.
I tossed the dizzy. The dizzy bounces all over the place and triggering off the crank is the #1 thing to improve the feel of the car.
I use a grear hall to pick up the spica teeth. I started out with one I got at digikey(round threaded). then made my own, a block that made mounting easy.

if you want to use a single coil you can still use the dizzy to point to the right spark plug. but I would never trigger off it. trigger off the crank.
some of the spiders has some sort of trigger on the fly wheel. if you have that that might also work.

1987 black Milano Verde, 1987 (made in 1986)blue $200 gold with ABS and LSD
1972 White spider 2000 Veloce

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome