Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Tourauto Rallye FRANCE (Alfas)

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  roland 
#1 ·
I was lucky enough to be invited to launch of the Tourauto http://www.tourauto.com rallye event in Paris (France) yesterday.

They showed the 250 cars taking part in the race, in the Grand Palais (exposition hall built by Eiffel in 1900 for the Universal Exposition - the structure was redone and finished last year -> pillards were sinking into the ground !).

Incredible cars in an incredible turn of the century national monument.

A bunch of people shipped their cars from the USA just for this race !
Its a 2500km race through France with stops at places like the Mans race track.

As a Alfa club member I was invited as they were celebrating the 50 years of Ferrari and Alfa Romeo racing heritage (and 2 friends of mine were also racing in a newly rebuilt Citroen SM -> 2.7L maserati engine)

I have loads of picture.. here are the alfas. Hope everyone enjoys them.

Roland

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
This morning - departure

These were taken this morning at the departure (yesterday was the show).

No guests this time (I was sneeked in). Half the cars had left already.

Attachments

#6 ·
My friend racer !

Lastly.. I had to show my friend's car.

A newly built (finished 2 nights ago!) rallye Citroen SM. It has an italian engine (2.7L, 6cyl Maserati, carbs) so its somewhat AlfaBB related :)

Roland

Attachments

#10 ·
Pics

Lots of AC cobra, Mustangs, 356... some Ferraris (2 GTO), Panthera etc....
They purposely limited the number of 911s. There were very few. The organiser mentionned that he did not want the event to become overly dominated by 911s.

Attachments

#11 ·
Pics

Last few... Like the paused looked of the mustang driver waiting for his departure time (departures were halted due to unusual heavy traffic in Paris).... Also the iron work on the pilars. Mixture of Artdeco and Alienlike !

Attachments

#14 ·
Citroen SM

-> Haig: I have no other Alpine photos although there were quite a few (some guy was renting them out with mech. assistance package)

-> Maldi: yes those spheres are for the hybraulic system. On each side they are for the hydropneumatic suspension (a dream !!! incredibly comfortable... 4 of us in an SM convertable were going 170 km/h (106 mph) and hit some bad patch on the highway.. couldnt feel it. I was surprised). But the sphere in the center is part of the pump that also pressurizes a bunch of other stuff (steering, maybe brakes, clutch etc....).
I am not a connaisseur of the SM and actually do not know any sites (I am sure thir are tons though).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.