Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Alfas for Sale in Australia
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by py105 View Post
Well.. You'd still be lucky to get 20K, it's not meant to have a 1750 and it may cost at least that to do up... nevermind your sanity and any ongoing relationships that may fall by the wayside
Yeah she looks pretty rough to me. A lot of butchering has gone on there. You are behind the eightball straight away due to the unoriginality of the thing, however some alfisti don't mind a 1750 or 2000 donk in a car that was originally a 1300 or a 1600.

So I guess its up to the individual, my preferance would be for the the original unit to go in, however as that car stands I would be tempted to buy it just for the engine and for any compatiable bits if any that I might be able to use on either of my cars and sell the shell on to someone looking for a body.

I wonder how the engine is ? The dash looks almost perfect, not that I need one as I bought a perfect s2 dash on ebay 2 years ago for bugger all, it came complete with all the trim, and another set of gauges, so I am happy. Can't tell from the shots if the seats are 1750 s1 or s2 or otherwise, however I do need a good rear seat back section for my 1750 so that could work. The door card on the LH side looks very good too.

Ah I am dreaming I already have three sportscars and only one of them drives. I gotta be nuts

Btw if anyone has a good unsplit tan s2 1750 rear seat back section I would be very intrested as mine is badly split. Also chasing a pair of door cards in Tan that are in good shape. Anyone ? Anyone ? Bueller ? Bueller ?
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.