The road to Portland - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Thanks to dkhoe and RC Hiatt for their great pictures.
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Director BC Chapter SNO
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Does 135 View Post
This muttering and stuttering ‘bout AROO’s convention and all
Has prompted a pause to test my recall.
Of a former bb poster, not so distantly past,
Another know-it-all whose Spider was excessively fast.
On the bulletin board he’s known as Etceterini
The value of his posts rarely exceed the size of his weenie.

On the excellence of Hyundais he is so quick to brag,
Perhaps D-Douglas should challenge him to a drag.
If you post a “for sale” ad for a car rare and fine
He’ll likely query you, “What’s your final bottom line?”
With his rants about AROC, he’s excessively mulish,
Boooooring, I say. It’s all really so foolish.

Before the Portland convention his moans were incessant,
To grace them with his presence free of charge and not pay like the peasants.
The convention just over, now isn’t this cute?
His first posting after -another complaint to boot.
“Boo-hoo. Boo-hoo. No awards did I receive.”
You got what you deserved. That much I perceive.

An academician you are, of that we ascertain,
With the motto “publish or perish”, you've become such a pain.
Grow up. Move on. Make your postings count.
Instead of writing your drivel to see the numbers mount.
A PhD times three is a claim he oft cites.
How happy we’ll be when Simon administers last rites.
Very, very good

I love dogeral

1962 Giulietta Spider: Grafite Grigio/Red Interior, "Tuned" 2L. [Sold June 2014]
1963 101.12 Giulia Sprint: Dark Blue ,"Tuned" 2 L. [Sold June 2014]
1967 Giulia Super: Red/Black Interior,"Tuned" 2 L. Added in June, 2013.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

What I saw,,,,,
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Rightys do 135 in the garage

A few more.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to AlfaVeloce
Quote:
Originally Posted by agiyo View Post
As Oregon Director of SNO and AROO member, I will consider the appropriate award for such an apparently outstanding effort. Perhaps something like "Oregon Director's Outstanding Recognition" award, tho being such a long title we'd have to use the acronym.

Let me think on it.
Careful Joe, I wouldn't want you to add excess duty or responsibility as a SNO director, because of the dangerous precedent it might set for the other directors. As Alabama SNO director, I might then feel obligated to award my friend La Voce an award for best Alfa Voice in Alabama. See, it's a slippery slope we are on here... use discretion. We are all in this together!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Thumbs up

Right on, what a classic thread, glad to have turned the key ...

Does 135
............ even stu appreciates that ... nice

Great photos you all ( not y'all)

Let's have a toast to Heavy Metal Alfa making it home ...

thanks for the entertainment ...

And to AROO, hats off !
Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry Quinlisk View Post
Let's have a toast to Heavy Metal Alfa making it home ...

and to AROO, hats off !
Hip, hip, and nice to meet Glenn! Was a good time, even at our gvmt mandated 55mph.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider4me View Post
Stu,
I called you on Tuesday AM at 10:08 AM and left you a message on your home machine to call me back, so that we could talk.
Its Thursday AM and you have not called me.

We are responsive.
Excuse me, but in your e-mail you said that you did not want to discuss it any further...
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
No. I stand by my opinion that THIS public forum is absolutely the WRONG place for your accusations.
Alex:

Not accusations but FACTS!

It's been almost a week since the convention. I sent Neil an e-mail at least 4days ago, and I very nicely asked Neil to forward my e-mail to Gillham and all involved. No answer. The only e-mail I got back was from Neil, and it said HE considered the matter closed.

Typical of AROC people to avoid issues...like they have done for the past 30 years.

I was told by Neil about 3 weeks before the convention that the ONLY people that had to pay a fee were those in the vendor room. I was given permission by another vendor (Terry) to display my T-shirts, as we were in a discussion about him buying my merchandise at wholesale. If it was a problem the matter should have been taken up with Terry, and I should have been asked to remove the T-shirts if it was a problem. I WAS NOT.

I was told that there would be NO fee for setting up a vendor stand at the race track.

I was never told that there WOULD be a fee for setting up at the concours until AFTER the fact, when Tami walked up to me and insisted that I pay the $200. She even called Neil and he went along with her deamnd. She even implied that my models would be held hostage until I paid AROO $200. I PAID IT!

I was charged $20 for the models contest, and the convention brochure said there would be a SEPERATE award for models from the art. There was not.

Again, still more AROC bullsh*t.

At this point either this matter gets resolved to MY satisfation within the next 7 days, or I will be forced to take legal action against AROC and AROO. This is a promise and NOT a threat!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
Washougal, Washington isn't that far...I made it from Pacific raceways to my door at 87th court and Holgate in east Portland after the Historics in 2 hours and 15 minutes, in my 2009 Hyundai Accent 4-door!!! This ****box with a 1600cc twin cam 4 valve per cylinder motor and nothing but a computer chip actually hit a REAL 118mph. It will go faster as soon as I have the suspension work and new wheels and tires put on...
Wow, as a professional driving instructor (including the 8C at the convention Time Trials) all I can say about 118 mph on an uncontrolled public road is "how f**king stupid!". Such immature behavior places other innocent people at an unacceptable level of risk on public roads. It doesn't matter whether you have an FIA license that is at least 3 decades expired or not. I sincerely hope you are just talking out of your cloaca.
Cloaca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithCars View Post
Wow, as a professional driving instructor (including the 8C at the convention Time Trials) all I can say about 118 mph on an uncontrolled public road is "how f**king stupid!". Such immature behavior places other innocent people at an unacceptable level of risk on public roads. It doesn't matter whether you have an FIA license that is at least 3 decades expired or not. I sincerely hope you are just talking out of your cloaca.
Cloaca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nope, not kidding, nor talking out of my cloaca....but I slowed to 80 (the speed EVERYONE drives in Southern California) the few times I hit traffic. Most of the time there was NONE.

For my entire adult life I have done exactly what I wanted. Unlike others, however, I take complete responsibility for my actions. I have never been in an accident, and have had only two tickets in my 61 years...one about 3 years ago, when I first moved to Portland...for doing 78 in a 55 zone near Oregon City in the pouring rain (with virtually no one else on the road). An officer stopped me, I didn't say a word, signed the ticket, and paid the fees I was assessed by the court.

I lived the vast majority of my life in Europe, where 120mph is commonplace. There have even been times in Europe when doing 120MPH I have been passed like I was standing still by riders on Ducatis (or similar).

I can honestly say I have no fear of anything, and haven't had since I was a child.

I do not tell others how to live their lives, and no one can tell me how to live mine. To each his own...

PS: My check to Val for the Abarth cleared my bank (Chase) 4 days ago, on 7/20, so I would like to pick it up from you as soon as possible. Please telephone me or e-mail me at dretceterini@hotmail.com so we can make arrangements.

Last edited by dretceterini; 07-23-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Gold Subscriber

Infantile rants

"Not accusations but FACTS!"

Says you? It seems more and more clear that you are just another internet annelid, howling at the moon, or planets, or whatever bright sparks may cross your imaginings. I've got slugs on my zucchinis with more credibility.

'It's been almost a week since the convention. I sent Neil an e-mail at least 4days (sic) ago, and I very nicely asked Neil to forward my e-mail to Gillham and all involved. No answer. The only e-mail I got back was from Neil, and it said HE considered the matter closed."

Dude, Neil is the President of AROO. Maybe he's trying to help the rest of us avoid wallowing in rotten mental kimchi. Why should the rest of anybody care what you are bellowing at? Moreover, as he notified you on this forum earlier today, he left you a phone message Tuesday and you had not responded. Don't you find this embarrassing?

For your own sake, please stop whining. Neil is known to many, many of us as a competent, conscientious, unselfish and honorable man. You may find those qualities a great mystery. But maybe I'm wrong; I often am. Lord knows I'm stupid, but I have stood for things I believed in my whole life (learned a lot of that in Scouts!) and see no reason to stop now.

"Typical of AROC people to avoid issues...like they have done for the past 30 years."

I would not presume to speak for 30 years of "AROC people," whatever that means, and I cannot imagine formulating a classification "AROC people," but I find your rants to be narcississtic bores and I'd avoid you wherever you appeared, same as I do lunatics on pulpits or street corners. I'd avoid them like I would whoever that was at the convention, wearing a Scoutmaster's uniform to a distinctly non-BSA event (who was that guy, and who was he trying to get close to?) or stealing seafood from the hotel brunch, and spitting crayfish tails on the floor. (Wonder if there are surveillance tapes of the lobby Sunday morning?) Can you imagine trying to deal as adults with people like that? Glad you're a professed triple Ph.D and clearly superior to us mortals. Perhaps we should be grateful for your incessant whining; I'm sure that anyone who finds as much fault as you with honest, sincere people who are doing their best to accommodate you and the other mentally competent convention attendees, would have dealt with those miscreants appropriately. If only you'd been there!

"I was told by Neil about 3 weeks before the convention that the ONLY people that had to pay a fee were those in the vendor room. I was given permission by another vendor (Terry) to display my T-shirts, as we were in a discussion about him buying my merchandise at wholesale. If it was a problem the matter should have been taken up with Terry, and I should have been asked to remove the T-shirts if it was a problem. I WAS NOT."

See above about whining, and YOU try to put on a convention sometime, dude. If you ever tried to do anything beyond feeding your vacuous ego, you might learn some valuable lessons. But my guess is that you're beyond it.

"I was told that there would be NO fee for setting up a vendor stand at the race track."

Note: No corroborating information. But I wonder whether you think that in 2009 facilities such as those provided for the convention are provided to AROO free? Were you there to provide a service, or to try to make money? Just wondering. Is there somehow in your complex mind that AROO owes you something special? Did other vendors have to pay? Were you treated differently?

"I was never told that there WOULD be a fee for setting up at the concours until AFTER the fact, when Tami walked up to me and insisted that I pay the $200. She even called Neil and he went along with her deamnd (sic). She even implied that my models would be held hostage until I paid AROO $200. I PAID IT!"

"I was charged $20 for the models contest, and the convention brochure said there would be a SEPERATE award for models from the art. There was not."

"Again, still more AROC bullsh*t."

Have you ever read the definition of paranoia? Go to a DSM-IV; you may find a mirror. I've always wondered why some people think they are so important that an entire organization, which wants only to get along and for its members to have a good time, would presumably have such a vendetta for one creature whose contribution is so negative.

My guess, tho I don't know for a fact, is that this was harried AROO (not AROC) people, trying to accommodate everyone to the best of their ability, and unable to discern the mysterious ramblings of tortured mentalities. And my further guess is that we owe you sympathy for your affliction, no more. But I'm just a low-buck AROO some-time member of no office or distinction.

Oh yeah, I think I was sitting near the registration desk when you came by to complain one time. (Between us, I thought you were a jerk. But that's just the impression I got from listening to what I thought was a low-functioning piss-ant. Never dreamed I was hearing from one Ph.D, much less three of them. How might I have guessed?)

"At this point either this matter gets resolved to MY satisfation within the next 7 days, or I will be forced to take legal action against AROC and AROO. This is a promise and NOT a threat!"

How childish can you be? Are you stamping your little feet and throwing your bottle? Tossing your Gerbers Green Peas in the floor? Might you be better-suited in Cub Scout uniforms? Diapers? But my kid at age 2 was more mature than this silliness. She actually was. Even at 20, she still is.

Vast knowledge of Italian car trivia does not equal philosophical grounding. It is only trivia, and beyond a hobby, nobody of substance cares. Think on that. But wait! Maybe some neat 6C-1750 diapers are in your future! One set of wire wheels in front (properly cambered, of course) and one in back, with a place for potty-training merit badges! You could silkscreen them so the safety pins go in through one rim and out the other, little steering wheel inside where the...uh...shaft goes. And an exhaust pipe!!! And your clients would be more receptive than trying to play your wretched games with adults. It must be so embarrassing, and so difficult.

Soon many of us will probably be in Depens. Think of the marketing possibilities then. We'll all throw our Gerbers Peas together; I'll take mine in 20W-50
Old 07-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Pasted below is an exchange that appeared in the recent “Tipo 256” thread. I feel it is appropriate to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
I do not have a medical degree, but I do have THREE PhDs...Economics from London School in England, Mechanical Engineering from Cambridge in England, and Theoretical Physics from Cambridge in England. I then taught at Cambridge at the post-graduate level for over 20 years, and retired in 1997. Hawking was my boss for over 20 years!

Dott.Ing.Stuart Schaller
Portland, Oregon

Mr. Schaller:

I have a good friend who is a long-time member of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at the University of Cambridge, the department in which Stephen Hawking is also a faculty member. My friend has no recollection of you ever having been associated with that department, nor can he find, in the Cambridge Record, information that you have ever been associated with the University of Cambridge in any capacity. To resolve this mystery, perhaps you could scan and post your University of Cambridge diplomas.
'62 Giulietta Spider
'69 Spider Veloce
Old 07-24-2009, 05:53 AM

maybe I should turn the key off ....
Old 07-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
I'm not sure, but I think I may have found a bit more detail. There's another 'Dr. E' with an interesting past...coincidence?

Here are the details of his self-described childhood; which might explain his bizarre behavior:

"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it."
Attached Images

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971
Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)
President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada & Club Alfa Romeo de Montréal
AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)

Member: A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM): www.clubalfaromeodemontreal.com
alfaromeodriveralex@gmail.com
(514) 771-9513
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.