1959 2000 Touring Heat Shield - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 PM

1959 2000 Touring Heat Shield

Hello All,

Does anyone have for sale of know someone I might contact that has an exhaust manifold heat shield for a 1959 2000 Spider. Thanks much for your help.

Mark

P.S. I am also looking for a photo of the correct inside engine hood details. I honestly have never seen an original Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Push hard and live
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DPeterson3
I may have a spare shield. I'm still unpacking after a move, and have never fully inventoried what I bought earlier this year. It may be several weeks or more before I get it all laid out, but I have a faint recollection of seeing two shields. Remind me in a month if I haven't gotten back to you.

Interestingly, one sold on Ebay about 3 or 6 months ago.

Don

Past Alfas...
59 102 Touring (first Alfa $500 running)
65 Sprint GT (2nd Alfa, $500 daily driver)
102 Sprint (never did anything with it, but wish I had)
74 Berlina (first new car - now certainly rusted into oblivion)
61 Giulietta Spider G-Prod Race Car (where is it now?)
84 Spider Veloce (rarely drove it, so sold it)
86 Quadrifoglio (Dull car - no more 115s for me)

Current Alfas
59 102 Touring Roadster - restoration complete, enough Alfa for any rational man. Or irrational, for that matter
1971 Alfa Montreal (see above comment regarding rationality)

And past...
Two 1946 Stampe SV4C (c/n 294 "Rocinante" - wife's favorite airplane. RIP), and c/n 235 "La Bon Temps Femme" (gone to a new home, but never forgotten)
Zlin 50LA (+9 -6 gees, titanium spar, 1200 lbs, 260HP rumored to now be in Brazil)
1946 Luscombe 8A
Starduster Too (recently spotted at the Nevada City, CA airport - over 20 years and an entire continent separating it from our stewardship in Binghamton, NY)
1955 Cessna 170B (wife taught me to fly tailwheel in this)

And present...
64 Mooney M20E ("Rambo". My faithful steed for over 30 years) Nearly 50 years old, and just returned from a trip to Argentina in him
Newest in the fleet
1967 Piper Super Cub on Wipline amphibious floats (a true "all terrain vehicle")
2010 Triumph Thunderbird

You can snap roll an Alfa only one time...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 AM

Mark: I have a few photos of my engine bay I can send to you. PM me with your email address and I'll forward what I have.

George
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 PM

Question Do you mean exhaust heat shield?

There are two different exhaust heat shields depending on the number and year of your car. The earliest ones were held with two fasteners bolted to the exhaust header bolts, and a single one at the place where the exhaust manifolds joined. The later ones were much smaller, and were held with only one bolt on top and the second on the exhaust joinder. What are your numbers for chassis and engine? I have both. I personally dislike the earlier style because the headers look nice.
[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="jay@alfanut.com"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM

ALFA 2000 touring spider exhaust heatshield

Hi All,

is this a 1 serie heatshield ?

rgds Franco
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Thumbs up Yes

Franco. You have an early version heat shield for a two liter. I know they were on 58 version, and may have been on some of the 59. I prefer the smaller one held by only two bolts because the exhaust manifolds are good looking. Jay
[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="jay@alfanut.com"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Hi All,

this early 58-59 first serie heatshield is for sale or trade if I find a 2e serie ( 59-61) heatshield

Rgds Franco
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM

Hi all,

this early 58-59 first serie heatshield is for sale or trade

I found a 2e serie ( 59-61) heatshield for my 102 spider

rgds Franco
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I'm glad you found a heat shield. Please post pictures of it so we can see how they are different from each other.
Maintainer of a 2600 SZ register (not the Dutch one).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.