Alfa Romeo 1900 Boneschi Convertible - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 10-18-2004, 12:07 PM

Alfa Romeo 1900 Boneschi Convertible

Hi Alfisti,

to bring up something interesting....at least for some of us

I recently noticed something quite confusing.
On the attached photo, you see an Alfa 1900 Convertible by Boneschi.
First I thought this would be the Alfa 1900 Boneschi Astral, but I was wrong.

This car here is in some details different to the Astral...

And then I took a careful look at the backside of the factory photo and mentioned the stunning text:

"Elaborazione su "Romeo" Brevetto Modello Industriale N. 6571!"

With my limited Italian knowledge this means that the Alfa is a work on an industial model called "Romeo".
And "Romeo" is a truck or van, presented in 1954.

So does anyone regard it as possible that Boneschi built this convertible on a truck chassis?????
Converting a Coupe to a convertible requires extra stiffness for the chassis, that's evident.
Using a truck chassis from the beginning makes the job easier - maybe....

But how does a convertible on a truck-base handle? As a truck????

I am looking forward to your comments

Ciao Carlo
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 12:15 PM

For those who don't have a pic at hand of the 1953 Alfa 1900 Boneschi Astral, here we go

Ciao Carlo
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Banned

The cars are indeed on a 1900 chassis. There were TWO seperate versions of this car built!

Gulp model in Italy makes both versions, the green and the grey car. The grilles and some other details are different!

Check their web site at: http://gulpmodel.interfree.it/ They also make miniatures of other interesting Alfas.

I will eventually be stocking them here in the US at my new web shop: http://sites.onlinesupplier.com/folder61925/

Last edited by dretceterini; 10-18-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Here's a wacky Boneschi 2600 Spyder ad....
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Banned

There were 2 different Boneschi 2600s built. Both look like oversize late 1960s Plymouth Valliants. I believe both still exist...

Last edited by dretceterini; 02-10-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:24 AM

Do you know if this car (2600 Boneschi) shown is in Germany?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Banned

I am not sure who owns the 2600 Boneschi or where it is located. Two similar cars were built, and I believe both still exist.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Boneschi ... see also another thread "Boneschi"

Some items here have been brought to my attention after I began a Boneschi thread yesterday.

One Alfa Romeo 2600 "spyder" Boneschi (chassis AR*192747) was offered by Christie's in December of 1983 at the Motorshow held in Bologna, a photocopy of the catalogue pages having been shared a number of years ago by Corrado Bellabarba. The catalogue decription states (translating from the Italian) "Tested in a single example ... 21 February 1964 ..." which might seem to imply that only one example was built but really states it was tested as an individual example under norms that were probably a bit different than those employed for series-produced models that had been homologated normally. Further, "The car in question was built 1963 and called "Studio 9". It's official presentation was made at the Salone Torino 1963 ..."

I will try to dig out more about the cabriolet/spyder that opens this thread but a bit of a beginning to some AR1900 Boneschi documentation is now posted on another thread titled, "Boneschi". It lso may (or may not?) show an answer to Carlo's query about the industrial patent description that appears as part of the Boneschi identification on the back side of his photo.

John

P.S. It is somewhat amusing (and sad) to note that the automated link that crawled onto the "truck" word of Carlo's initial posting leads to a misspelled word in another posting where "trunk" was intended.

Last edited by iicarJohn; 01-07-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: automated links ... poor idea!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.