Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2600 Sprint Radio delete plate

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  franjo mokina 
#1 ·
Does any one here know of a reproduction Radio delete plate for 2600 sprint? I believe it is the same part for Sprint Speciale and series 2 giulietta sprint. It is a has the Bertone logo and a grid pattern. Maybe someone here has a used one..
Grazie
Ric

#2 ·
I believe I have a good to very good used one stored in a box somewhere. However, it will take a few days to find the box and dig up how much I paid for it -- so, if somebody else has one, go for it.

#4 ·
No trouble at all -- any excuse to get me to the garage is appreciated. :D :D

#5 ·
I went through pretty much all of my boxes and had no luck finding the radio plate -- I may have given it to another Sprint owner 3-5 years ago.

#7 ·
No luck finding the one I had. Here are crops from the owners manual and parts catalog showing what Ric is looking for (and a picture of such a plate installed in an Iso Grifo I found on this site).

Line art Text Technical drawing Diagram Drawing

#11 ·
Ruedi.......... I had bid and bought that one for 238.00 based on the pictures in the first listing/auction, and when I got it it was cracked and the mounting posts were broken off etc. I tried to negotiate with the seller but failed. I felt like he was not being honest and worked the system making the bidding go up by showing only the good and not the bad... I have been called a hard head before. Thanks for all you help, one will turn up I'm sure.
Ric

#12 ·
Sorry to hear that. I remember this happening to me, too -- until I started using eSnipe (also of great help for stuff in other time zones).

#13 ·
Hi from across the pond...

I have one but it too has had the mounting pins broken off.
It also has some glue remnants where a previous owner has tried to mount it.
The front and edges are fine though.
Open to offers as my car has a period radio fitted and I don't need it - I will post some photos later.

Ken

#15 ·
Transaction complete......... Ken I paypal'd the money this morning and want to thank you for you help. The people in this community are the best.
Thank you Ruedi for your continued suport of the 2000-2600 group. I wish we had met a few years back when I was visiting my son who played for the Blue Jays in Vancouver that year. I have fond memories of that area especially at Nat Bailey stadium. Vancouver is truly paradise !!
Ric

#16 ·
No problems Ric, and I agree it's a great community.... possibly an age related thing compared to other forums but lets keep that between ourselves!

Such a coincidence both of us having the same colour car with the same leather too!

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.