Parts suppliers - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Parts suppliers

Thread at Redmerlin's suggestion, hopefully useful since the "usual" Alfa vendors don't always support our older/bigger-engined cars. Let's compile a list of vendors who carry parts specifically for us. Hopefully a kind moderator will make this a sticky thread.

OKP (Germany)

Heinbrand (Germany)

Afra s.a.s (original parts supplier in Italy)

Classic Alfa (UK)

Brake line and pipes can normally be found on ebay

Bertelsbeck Automotive (Germany)

Re-Originals (TX, USA)

Alfa Stop (UK)

Cicognani (Rubber parts - Italy)

franco veloce ( The Netherlands )

G.Häckner GmbH (Germany)

RockAuto.com (USA) - Ordering tips

Everything Alfa, AKA misterfiat (USA)

lalfaitalia (USA)

User fatdogent on eBay

ALFA PARTS EXCHANGE (USA)
22403 Suttenfield Road
Acampo, CA 95220
(209) 365-1383

Amadei Ricambi (Italy)

L'auto d'epoca (Italy)

Reproduction factory tools - Totally Alfa (UK)

Interiors - PAOLINI snc - Interni Auto (Italy)

Miscellaneous parts - Epoca Car (Italy)

Gauge/instrument parts - PartsCorrect (USA)

Steering wheel restoration:
Classic Lenkrad (Germany)
Steering Wheel Bob

Fasteners:
Mr. Metric (USA)
BelMetric

Chris Keen / Rusty But Trusty - http://rustybuttrusty.com
77 spider veloce - since '91/'79 sprint veloce - since '05/'72 2002tii -since '12

Last edited by ckeen74; 05-16-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Cicognani (Rubber parts - Italy)
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 03:23 PM

franco veloce ( The Netherlands )

frankper@xs4all.nl

Last edited by franco-veloce; 06-12-2015 at 03:50 PM.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 04:30 AM
Gold Subscriber

Classic Alfa and Alfa Stop in the UK

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 01:04 PM

G.Häckner GmbH
Autoelektrik/Elektronik
Postfach 1223
D-97402 Schweinfurt

T: +49 (0) 9721 388020
F: +49 (0) 9721 3880222
M: info@haeckner.com

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Chris asked me to make this a sticky.
Andrew, moderator
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Afra 2600 Spares

I haven't looked at the Afra website for a while but they seem to have increased the number of spares they supply ( if you can afford them)

A couple of rare parts often asked for

Soft top clips

Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo 2600 Vintage spare parts

stainless steel under door side spears

Afra s.a.s. - Alfa Romeo 2600 Vintage spare parts
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Push hard and live
Gold Subscriber

Garage
There have been reviews of AFRA elsewhere, but it seems useful to include a comment on this unique company.

It was, and still is, a repository for parts that Alfa, and others, declared obsolete. Thus, they often had a great many impossible to find, original equipment parts that were not available elsewhere. As these parts have become depleted, they have expanded their focus to include aftermarket parts. Sometimes these parts are the same as can be had elsewhere, and sometimes they are reproductions of variable quality.

When their only inventory was true OEM product, in OEM packaging, with OEM part numbers still attached, there were very few problems. As their stock is increasingly aftermarket, the problems have expanded, often due to misidentification. Unfortunately, they seem to still have "we are the OEM dealer source" mentality, so can resist admitting an error.

They are still invaluable when they have rare, OEM parts, but tread carefully, and document your request completely, in detail.

Don P
Carson City, NV

Past Alfas...
59 102 Touring (first Alfa $500 running)
65 Sprint GT (2nd Alfa, $500 daily driver)
102 Sprint (never did anything with it, but wish I had)
74 Berlina (first new car - now certainly rusted into oblivion)
61 Giulietta Spider G-Prod Race Car (where is it now?)
84 Spider Veloce (rarely drove it, so sold it)
86 Quadrifoglio (Dull car - no more 115s for me)
1971 Montreal "The Full Monty". Fair winds and following seas

Current Alfas
59 102 Touring Roadster - restoration complete, enough Alfa for any rational man. Or irrational, for that matter
And past...
Two 1946 Stampe SV4C (c/n 294 "Rocinante" - wife's favorite airplane. RIP), and c/n 235 "La Bon Temps Femme" (gone to a new home, but never forgotten)
Zlin 50LA (+9 -6 gees, titanium spar, 1200 lbs, 260HP rumored to now be in Brazil)
1946 Luscombe 8A
Starduster Too (recently spotted at the Nevada City, CA airport - over 20 years and an entire continent separating it from our stewardship in Binghamton, NY)
1955 Cessna 170B (wife taught me to fly tailwheel in this)

And present...
64 Mooney M20E ("Rambo". My faithful steed for over 30 years) Nearly 50 years old, and just returned from a trip to Argentina in him
Newest in the fleet
1967 Piper Super Cub on Wipline amphibious floats (a true "all terrain vehicle")
2010 Triumph Thunderbird

You can snap roll an Alfa only one time...
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the contributions. We still don't have any domestic suppliers except for Re-Originals... anybody know if there are any out there, particularly ones focused on the mechanical side of things?

77 spider veloce - since '91/'79 sprint veloce - since '05/'72 2002tii -since '12
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Push hard and live
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I prefer to avoid Re-O, although others have done fine.

Given the small population of our 102/106 cars, we are fortunate to have any vendors at all, let alone several competing for our business.

If you have not yet tried the listed European vendors, prepare to be surprised. For example, I ordered a set of rod bushings for my Montreal from Classic Alfa on a Tuesday morning. They were delivered Thursday midday with a freight charge of roughly $24. Plus, the bushings themselves were slightly less expensive than the U.S. sources.

OKP can take slightly longer and the freight cost slightly more than Classic Alfa, but there's something to be said for the efficiency of getting everything at one place.

Don P
Carson City, NV

Past Alfas...

Current Alfas
59 102 Touring Roadster - restoration complete, enough Alfa for any rational man. Or irrational, for that matter
And past...
Two 1946 Stampe SV4C (c/n 294 "Rocinante" - wife's favorite airplane. RIP), and c/n 235 "La Bon Temps Femme" (gone to a new home, but never forgotten)
Zlin 50LA (+9 -6 gees, titanium spar, 1200 lbs, 260HP rumored to now be in Brazil)
1946 Luscombe 8A
Starduster Too (recently spotted at the Nevada City, CA airport - over 20 years and an entire continent separating it from our stewardship in Binghamton, NY)

And present...
64 Mooney M20E ("Rambo". My faithful steed for over 30 years) Nearly 50 years old, and just returned from a trip to Argentina in him
Newest in the fleet
1967 Piper Super Cub on Wipline amphibious floats (a true "all terrain vehicle")
2010 Triumph Thunderbird

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Point taken (I'm certainly far from looking a gift horse in the mouth), but if I'm buying parts abroad I'll want to carefully plan and consolidate orders to be cost-effective with shipping... something with which I've been a bit less careful when ordering domestically.

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Hopefully this isn't too much of a tangent from this subject, but I've been lucky enough to get most of my parts without having to look abroad. Are vendors generally willing to charge pre-VAT prices to people with a non-UK/EU mailing address? Or do you have to pay full price and claim back VAT afterwards?

Thanks,
Chris

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Push hard and live
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeen74 View Post
Hopefully this isn't too much of a tangent from this subject, but I've been lucky enough to get most of my parts without having to look abroad. Are vendors generally willing to charge pre-VAT prices to people with a non-UK/EU mailing address? Or do you have to pay full price and claim back VAT afterwards?

Thanks,
Chris
So far, all have deleted any VAT charges. There might be one or two that won't, but I'd be surprised if you could get the parts they offer elsewhere.

This thread relates to the 102 and 106 cars built between late 1958 to around 1966 or so. If you've been able to get parts for these cars in the U.S., please share your sources. There are NO common parts with the late-model 2000 offered between 1971 and 1995.

Having said that, Classis Alfa in the UK is a very competitive source for late model parts as well, and usually with quicker delivery.

Don P
Carson City, NV

Past Alfas...

Current Alfas
And past...
1946 Luscombe 8A

And present...
Newest in the fleet
2010 Triumph Thunderbird

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 01:08 PM

Don't Forget the Alfa parts places on Ebay!

I have shopped quite often on Ebay -- especially for rubber parts:

(1) MISTER FIAT in his Ebay store called "Everything Alfa" is in Altanta, GA. I just checked this a.m. He has 119 items for 2000,2600 spider cars. He lists his parts by cars and shows Freccia d'Oro, 1900, two liter and 2600 among others. He has very good feedback.

(2) LALFAITALIA in Vertura County, California hs lots of used parts for two liter and 2600. He at least at one time owned a two liter, so he knows about parts for them. He also has a store.

(3) FATDOGENT on the East Coast has the Ebay store called Fat Dog Vintage Auto Parts, and sells used parts.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 01:17 PM

Don't forget ROCKAUTO.com

At "www.Rockauto.com" I have been able to buy many weird and strange Alfa parts -- including bearings, seals, and other items that Alfa apparently bought from American suppliers, had shipped to Italy, and then over the years has been selling a premium prices. Frankly, the only bearings specifically ALFA are the shouldered ones in the split case transmission. If you can get a part number of any kind -- even the Alfa number (better the "European" number) Rockauto not only will have it, it will have a picture of it on their catalog so you can see it looks to be the right one.

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode