my 94 LS sitting in the driveway has to go says the wife - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

my 94 LS sitting in the driveway has to go says the wife

I'm keeping the engine. However, now is the time to either come over and offer me some $$ and take what you want, hell, offer $$$$ and take the whole thing, minus the engine like I said.

Me, I'm in Portland and I have tools.

PS, it is Champagne colored and except for the dent in the rear (F.U. Drunk driver) she is really clean.

Manual and yes, the trans is for sale.

"Cruisin' down the street in my 164" - Easy E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

best way to reach me is by calling 503-267-2800

PS, driving to Seattle tomorrow noonish is someone up there needs something

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:01 PM
Richard Jemison
Platinum Subscriber

CAR? Wife?

How important is this wife?

I`m on #6 and I know 3 women on the list for # 7. Current wife knows 2 of them!

Are your values in line with real world commitments?
Your decision!
Renaldo likes this.

Richard Jemison
RJR Racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When you are dead you don`t know it.
Only those around you are distressed.
Same with stupid"

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
How important is this wife?
I love this.......
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:17 PM

My 94 LS Has To Go

Really, one dead car in the driveway is nothing, unless of course, you live in one of those association controlled areas.

I admit it takes a certain type of person to be a wife with the personality and understanding to be able to wrap herself around being a car wife. Not everyone is suited for it! Me personally, I lived Alfa 24/7 and still am with a few less cars than the high of 59. Until you're tripping over Alfa engines in the living room, your dishwasher is being used to wash car parts, your saucepans are being used to see if thermostatic actuators will open, your tweezers and jelly roll pans are being used in the garage for fixing, repairing, and storage, you have not been inducted into Alfa wifedom.

I wouldn't have traded it for the world! What an experience and raising kids with the same enthusiasm. Although, I did give him his own supply of saucepans, jelly roll pans, and tweezers; and bought him a parts washer.
Alfissimo Int. likes this.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Will the windshield in your 94 fit a 93? Will call tomorrow, too late here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

I found that my future wife was raised on foreign cars such as Gordini Renaults and Fiats, and drove a Fiat 128 sedan when we married. She was very amenable to driving Alfas, so her DD ended up being Alfetta and Milano sedans, while I drove GTV6's and then 164s.

As long as I can keep them running even semi reliable, lol, she is reasonably satisfied. While curious of course about the new Giulia, she is not interested in buying one unless it has a manual transmission, she saying she hates any transmission resembling an automatic, including flappy paddles.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:51 PM

Why are you keeping the engine?

Hey, if it was merely a dent in the back, why didn't you fix it. There are enough non running cars to get every part you will even need. The fellow in Astoria took one apart that would provide even the same color.

QUESTION? I did not know 164LS with manual transmission ever came in Champagne. Did you paint yours? Or did someone switch to five speed from an automatic in the car? Bad idea! Frankly, the 164LS transmission is a wonderful piece of machinery made by ZF in Switzerland for Alfa that is fully computer operated. Most problems with them (i.e. suddenly not shifting) spring from a broken speedo (and computer connection wire, actually two in a set) that won't let the transmission shift to second unless the speedometer shows 20 mph. No new parts for this available from Alfa, but Alfa Parts Exchange has a couple from cars they salvage all the time.

Finally, if your decision to part out was irrevocable, and you finally get the engine out, will you part with a brake booster? Oh, yes, what color is the inside?
Alfissimo Int. likes this.

[B]JAY NUXOLL [/B][EMAIL="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"], seriously Alfa diseased and ancient OLD Two Liter Lover, put together Seattle area's Northwest Alfa Romeo Club in 1965, and still feebly tries to tend a teeny sacred flame to his serpent mistress in the [B]ALFA G'RAJ MAHAL[/B], a home garage temple with more Alfa cars and parts than he dare list because of the disapproval of his shamed and chagrined family. (425) 641-2600.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Champagne was a standard color for the LS, regardless of gearbox. Probably more of those than any other color. Ours is that color and is a manual shift.

I agree about maybe too quick to part out a car, but that is just my personal opinion, having saved two damaged Alfas in the past.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6

Last edited by Del; 02-19-2017 at 08:07 PM.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:35 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Yeah I agree. Why you keeping the engine? There are plenty of those out of destroyed cars. Not good ones. Sell it whole.

Jason Minos

Tel:+1 928-526-0549
e-mail: contact via website form please
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
Really, one dead car in the driveway is nothing, unless of course, you live in one of those association controlled areas.

I admit it takes a certain type of person to be a wife with the personality and understanding to be able to wrap herself around being a car wife. Not everyone is suited for it! Me personally, I lived Alfa 24/7 and still am with a few less cars than the high of 59. Until you're tripping over Alfa engines in the living room, your dishwasher is being used to wash car parts, your saucepans are being used to see if thermostatic actuators will open, your tweezers and jelly roll pans are being used in the garage for fixing, repairing, and storage, you have not been inducted into Alfa wifedom.

I wouldn't have traded it for the world! What an experience and raising kids with the same enthusiasm. Although, I did give him his own supply of saucepans, jelly roll pans, and tweezers; and bought him a parts washer.
Cheryl, that was good for a laugh. 59 Alfas, OMG! I've seen pictures in Pat's books and it looked like your backyard had Alfas stacked in there like 'cord wood'.

As I look around the kitchen I have both Montreal instrument clusters and a C.I. 2000 plug wire set on the table. I finally moved the Montreal rear bumper to the garage last week along with the Duetto ash tray and Two-Liter air filter housing that were on the kitchen counter top. After 'she' left, I now can use the Pampered Chef turkey baster anytime I like!

Seriously Richard, Alfar7 -I wondered what the 7 was for but who am I to say you need help?
I heard a guy say one time that rather than get married again, he'd find a woman that he didn't like and buy her a house and a car.

Mark
rsims likes this.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Gold Subscriber

I loved Cheryl's post too.

I have also been lucky to have married a Lady who came with a beautiful Alfa 33 at the time.
I soon found every excuse to drive that car.
I would tell Her it needs to be driven fast to clear out the carbon and cobwebs.

Ta,

Neville.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Well, for me she gave up her kids, so asking to rid of an Italian car carcass seem like a fair trade

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Figure I better clarify before people get uppity
spiderJohnNH likes this.

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

the interior is black.

Why I'm keeping the engine is my business

Yes, you can buy the brake booster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode