Bosch fuel injector connectors - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 AM

Bosch fuel injector connectors

My engine started running badly again because of my injector and IAC connectors so I really need to get on this (mainly the IAC at the moment). Had to drive "The Brick" this freezing cold morning, not so bad though since it has VERY warm seat heaters and the Alfa's are only mediocre. Some web finds on the subject:

Found a nice site on replacing Bosch fuel injector connectors: http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techti...ors/index.html

Connector part numbers:
From Napa - Bosch # 1-287-013-003-000 - includes connector, rubber boot and pigtail
Auto Zone AZ 077926 or GP Sorensen 800-9213 @ Auto Zone online under the GP number AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone!
AC Delco PT-113
GM 12085491
Car Quest SK-25

MSD has 8 connectors and twenty pins for $15.51! Look nice too. PN 2400 MSD Fuel Injection - Performance EFI Systems click the buy online button

I'll get some Deoxit to clean the injector contacts, install the Genuine Bosch connectors and seal them with dielectric grease, but not fill them with grease since that may hinder conductivity somewhat.

BTW: "The Brick" ('89-'93 240 Volvo) has nice quick release Bosch connectors on it, so if you come across one at the salvage yard you might think about getting connectors AND the IAC which fits the 164.
Charles

Last edited by ChazzyD; 01-03-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Because of the price and apparently good quality I ordered the MSD connectors. Enough to do all the connectors on the car in one kit. I'll let everyone know what I think of them when I get a chance to install them. Looking forward to being able to clip these things on and off easily. Currently all my bail clips are missing and the connectors are broken causing corrosion problems from the lack of a good seal. The only original connector with this type of quick release on the car is the thermo switch at the thermostat housing.
Charles
Attached Images

Last edited by ChazzyD; 01-03-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Great info, Charles! Let us know how well the MSD connectors work out! I'm using zip ties to hold all 6 injector connectors in place on our (almost 250K mi) '91 164L ! Boy, I hate those spring clips on the old connectors. To minimize damage, I usually use a dental tool to pick the spring clip out. Our '94 LS (assuming later cars also) comes with the quick release connectors.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzyD View Post
My engine started running badly again because of my injector and IAC connectors so I really need to get on this (mainly the IAC at the moment). Had to drive "The Brick" this freezing cold morning, not so bad though since it has VERY warm seat heaters and the Alfa's are only mediocre. Some web finds on the subject:

Found a nice site on replacing Bosch fuel injector connectors: http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techti...ors/index.html

Connector part numbers:
From Napa - Bosch # 1-287-013-003-000 - includes connector, rubber boot and pigtail
Auto Zone AZ 077926 or GP Sorensen 800-9213 @ Auto Zone online under the GP number AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone!
AC Delco PT-113
GM 12085491
Car Quest SK-25

MSD has 8 connectors and twenty pins for $15.51! Look nice too. PN 2400 MSD Fuel Injection - Performance EFI Systems click the buy online button

I'll get some Deoxit to clean the injector contacts, install the Genuine Bosch connectors and seal them with dielectric grease, but not fill them with grease since that may hinder conductivity somewhat.

BTW: "The Brick" ('89-'93 240 Volvo) has nice quick release Bosch connectors on it, so if you come across one at the salvage yard you might think about getting connectors AND the IAC which fits the 164.
Charles
I like the BMW ones myself with the quick release and the rubber boot is an accordion style which can be bent without stretching the rubber and then breaking like we all see on the old injector rubbers.

Jason

<-GT Bertone, Spider, 75, GTV6, 164, all New models->.
http://www.alfissimo.com Alfa Parts

Tel:+1 928-526-0549
Contact@alfissimo.com
jason@alfissimo.com
<1991' 164 QV, White- Recaro>
Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Gold Subscriber

Charles,

What did you do for new boots? Doesn't look like the MSD kit comes with new rubber boots.

Jason,

Do you have a source/part number for the BMW ones? What do they typically cost?

Thanks,
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Actually these don't use a boot, they have a silicone or rubber seal at the end that will do a nice job of keeping the moisture out. I haven't installed these yet because the Deoxit I used on the old connectors worked so well, it is running very strong. I am looking for the right crimping tool to install the MSD connectors and I don't like wrenching in cold weather or in the dark after work but I will get around to it. Jason was probably referring to getting used BMW connectors at a salvage yard, many euro cars (and some American cars) use Bosch injectors and have nice connectors that can be spliced into your Alfa's harness.
Charles
Old 09-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Finally tracked down the special crimpers for OEM style "F" terminal connectors. I went with a pair from Del City and it worked beautifully. Part Number 990168 OEM Ratchet Crimper. OEM Ratchet Crimping Tool
It costs less than the MSD special crimp tool and worked awesome a very well made tool. Can't try out how the car runs since I'm still waiting on my clutch slave cylinder, but I'm sure the effort was not wasted. When I cut open an old AMP connector, the green corrosion inside was very evident. These new MSD connectors are very nice and seal up tight to the injector and at the wires where they go into the connector.
Charles
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to AlexGS
I know what you mean about the easier-release later connectors as I see a lot of those on FIATs I work on from about '94 onwards. Gets to the stage where I start to hate those earlier connectors - hard on the fingernails, and I have to go and find the pick that comes in the jeweller's screwdriver set. And you absolutely have to release both sides... usually the first side pops back in as you release the second side... etc. etc. I have a great number of jeweller's screwdrivers, since I keep losing the pick and buying a replacement set... I'm sure there's one in my subframe

So you can confirm that the very-different-looking MSD connector definitely fits the yellow plastic Bosch connector integral with the injector? And for that matter, the blue plastic connector of, e.g. the coolant temperature sensor? If so, then what a good idea, I must order some Do they have the little ribbed rubber seal inside?

I clean my engines regularly, so I do like the idea of waterproofing the connectors. Thanks!

-Alex

Last edited by AlexGS; 09-03-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 AM

They fit perfectly even fit between some of the closer intake runners. They do have a good ribbed rectangular seal in them and they fit tight to the injector. I am not sure how you could ever install them correctly without the proper OEM style crimper though. The crimpers I used were only $27, so not too big of an investment. The ratchet feature was invaluable to hold the tiny terminal before feeding the wire in and crimping.
Charles
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Thought I would add an image of the special crimpers. After a new O2 (took out my universal Bosch for a plug-in Denso), a new set of plugs and these connectors, it is running very sweet!
Charles
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Looks like MSD doesnt carry these conenctors any more nor the seals. When I search on AutoZone, it comes up with Part#534-112. Do these connectors work with our injectors??

thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I think these are the ones AZ lists that you need:

Dorman/Conduct-Tite 2-Wire Bosh fuel injector repair pigtail | Electrical Pigtail | AutoZone.com
http://www.aroc-usa.org/ click on tech advisors to contact me by email for tech advice or use this AlfaBB 164 section or an alfabb Private Mail.

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM

Thanks Steve, I ordered those. Can I get these for O-rings for our fuel injectors. The MSD# is the same as from MSD site that was linked above.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut View Post
Thanks Steve, I ordered those. Can I get these for O-rings for our fuel injectors. The MSD# is the same as from MSD site that was linked above.
So are you pulling out and changing your injectors? If not why do you need orings did I miss something? These go on ends of injectors to seal in fuel rail and intake mounting plates.

I would guess those MSD orings should fit Bosch injectors.

As for electrical connectors you ordered then should come with small rectangluar rubber seals iin them to seal them to injector. I would hope they also come with rubber boots.

If you are going to cut wires and install new connector with new wiring note the orientation of wires in relation to notch in connector so you hook red power wire to correct side and yellow pulse wire to correct side. If you are going to unlock old wire terminals from old connector and plug into new connector do one wire at a time so you plug it into correct same side side of connecter.
http://www.aroc-usa.org/ click on tech advisors to contact me by email for tech advice or use this AlfaBB 164 section or an alfabb Private Mail.

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 07-21-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisto Steve View Post
For anyone out there thinking on getting these, these dont have any seals inside/out, just bare connector with two wires coming out. I am returning these now. I hope they wont give me hassle in returning these as these are special order items.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.