Alfa Romeo Forums banner

My 164 Quadrifolio - just like she left the factory.

17K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  RossoGTV4Me 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share with the other 24V Q fans on the BB. Here is my Rosso/Tan 1994 Q. 1/35 imported in 1994. She is a very rare beautiful and very fast bella. Interior is just as she left the factory. Car is the most perfect Q I have seen. I have done slight upgrades, including 156 GTA intake cams, full Stebro exhaust, Eibach springs, balanced and flow benched stock injectors, new shiny intake, euro Q wheel, euro lights, new factory radiator, heater core, new belts, hoses, brakes and many other things to make her as perfect and as new as possible. I estimate about 250-260 hp. I drove this car up to Montery from LA and arrived in 4 hours flat! The drive up in this car was incredible and really impressed me more then I thought. I have a new respect for this car and what it's capabilities are. I turned away some nice offerrs in Montery to continue enjoying her. I just love this car. It was Alfa's last real car to come out of the factory as a "true Alfa Romeo". I just returned from Arese at the Alfa mueseum and archives. They have 1 almost brand new Q4 there, which was neat to see. Alfa is doing a 164 Q4/ 159 Q4 marketing campaign to show the cars pedigree. They asked me if I would be interested in having this car participate (even though it is not a Q4). They actully do not have a perfect Quadrifolio and are looking for one to add to the completeness of the mueseum from what was related to me. Not sure I can part with her though:)

Magnificanto!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice :cool:. Very Nice! ;)

#9 ·
Perfectly:) In fact all electronics in the car work like new even the sunroof.
I will take a closeup for you.

Awesome looking car! But does your LCD work:)

drive 'er safe

#6 ·
A few weeks ago I went to a Conncours and purposely entered my 164 Q as a "do not judge" entry, since I would be judging. My engine bay was cleaner than any of the 164s competing, but it is not perfect... Yours is! Congratulations! It's a real pleasure to see a Q in such beautiful condition. Sounds like you got some great upgrades as well.

Best regards,

#7 ·
Beautiful!

A beautiful and awesome car in every way!
Those are not the original floormats, right? The original ones would have been black? Where did you get those?
I have a 164S with tan interior and floor mats like those might match perfectly...
Thanks,
Chris

1991 164 S
2002 VW Eurovan (daily driver)

#8 ·
The engine bay really was the coolest part for me. The bay looked like the engine was just dropped in there. The only thing I could tell that was different was the valve covers had light, light, marks from the abbrasive cleaning, but there would be no other way to clean them to the degree he did!

#10 · (Edited)
Here is the 20 Yrs. of evolution campaign the Quadrifoglio may be in. She would be in good company.

Attachments

#13 ·
Dam that is a nice car! I am kinda jealous. I want a copy of that brochure where did you get it from?

#14 ·
Personally, I think the 164 wins this competition!

Comparing the styling of the 164 and 159 in the photo, I would go for th 164 anytime. I has that timeless styling that is so hard to acheive. Except for the Alfa grill, the 159 could be one of many current cars.

Your's is a particularly clean example. Hopefully, someday, my nero/tan one will be half as good as yours!

#15 · (Edited)
Peglegtom,

I agree with you. A rare Pinafrina desiged sport saloon and Alfa's last official car that was "completely" top to bottom made by Alfa Romeo factory is a nice treasure. The new 159 is nice but does not have the soul or the responsiveness or handeling of the Q at all. I drove one while in Italy. It is very modern and bland.

I have a GTV as well, and it is amazing that driving the Q you know it is a Alfa from day one. It handles increadibly. With the full Stebro exhaust it has a engine note a la a Ferrari.

The 24v car is a very different animal from the previous S, in fact after driving both the only thing that is remotely similar is the styling. They handle, drive and sound like night and day. Mechanicals and interior are completly differen't as well.

Your car sounds nice, I am sure it will be at a place where you want it very soon. Treasure it!

Comparing the styling of the 164 and 159 in the photo, I would go for th 164 anytime. I has that timeless styling that is so hard to acheive. Except for the Alfa grill, the 159 could be one of many current cars.

Your's is a particularly clean example. Hopefully, someday, my nero/tan one will be half as good as yours!

#17 · (Edited)
So, AR Storico Mueseo has made me a tenitive offer for the car. They would like it for their museum. It would presumably will go next to the Q4 there. If I sell it I would rather sell the car to a collector and Alfa enthusiast that will enjoy the car rather then it sit in the museum. So if someone makes me a better offer then AR did or a price I am ok with I would entertain the sell rather then have the car sit in the museum for the rest of it's life and deal with the shipping and headache of getting it there. We will see, I love this car and am kind of torn to let it go. I am not 100% sure I even will at the end of the day.

#18 ·
So, AR Storico Mueseo has made me a offer for the car. They want it for their mueseum. It will go next to the Q4 there. I rather sell the car to a collector and Alfa enthusiast that wil enjoy the car. rather then it sit in the mueseum. So if someone makes me a better offer then AR did or a price I am ok with I would entertain the sell rather then have the car sit in the mueseum for the rest of it's life.

1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Quadrifoglio for sale: Anamera
Well, I'm don't know how much you have invested in the car, but it sure is good to hear that Museo Storico Alfa Romeo is willing to pay a good amount for this great car. Congrats!

Best regards,

#20 · (Edited)
I agree sell it to the museum. Its an honour that very few us will get. Maybe some day you go there with your grand children and you can tell them grandpa used to own that car. If Alfa came to me and wanted to put my Q4 on display in their museum i would probably give it away to them. If you still want a QV you can get one here in europe for almost no money at all, 6k and you get a car in god running condition.

If i just want a 164 in running condition but minor problems i just have to pay 1k. I live in Volvo Saab country. If i want one of those in same conditione i have to pay 4k.

JK
1995 164 Q4

#21 ·
Can you get a trade? That way you still get to drive a beautiful Alfa and they get a nice car for the museum. A 166 or spider would be a nice deal. :) If the factory wanted one of my cars, I would negotiate for a late GTV.

#22 · (Edited)
I did ask them about a trade and they "rarely" do that unless it is for a car they truly desire. Also, this would be one of the lowest value cars in the muesem so there is nothing that really could be traded for.

At the end of the day, after I pay for shipping, insurance, docs, etc. to get the car there I am just about at what I think a very rare "Q" in this condition is worth.
The cheap dollar has really raised the value of collector cars in pristine condition as of late it seems. The euro is just able to buy so much more now for the european collector.

I agree it is a honor of course, but I actully do like the car a lot. I have thought of selling it as I had a lot of interest at Monterey. We will see I guess it depends if I get the right offer and it makes sense to me.

#23 ·
It is really an impressive looking 164 you got!:)

When I was at the AR storico museum in 1998, I was disappointed to find that they didn't have any 164's, so I'm glad to hear they have a Q4 now. I also think your car would be a very nice addition to the museum. Regarding your worries about the car not being used, that could be the case, but from what I know some of the cars are used for display and "test drives" in other places and not just in Italy.

But I totally understand if you decide to keep the car :D

#24 ·
I think this is a good opportunity to sell the car well. While it is an honor that they have considered your car, reality is that people are not going to be admiring the car in your garage, so I wouldn't be swayed by that factor. I would however think that the offer from Museo Storico is financially advantageous and too good to turn down. (I may be wrong as I don't know your investment or the offer details, but it does sound like this is the case.) The value that MS is placing on your car is likely not to be duplicated. As much as we like our Qs, these aren't going to be much more than another used classic for many years to come. Furthermore, their just isn't any widespread desirability and even among the Alfa community few want to pay a handsome amount for a Q. No doubt that any car in exceptional condition always retains its value, but unless you are planning on keeping this Q in this condition for at least the next decade, this car is probably at its peak value. Then, if MS acquires another example (and there are Qs that would fit very nicely in the Alfa museum), yours will more than likely not attract an equally serious offer for many years to come.

Best regards,

#25 · (Edited)
Yes, this particular car would be kept in this condition for at least the next decade. MS has not found a car in this condition for the last few years from what I was told and the key for them was the interior, as these peices are now not available.

We will see...This car is so rare especially given it's year and condition. The motor is the same one basically found in the 156 GTA and they were not designed by Pinnafrina. Bottom line is that the "Q" is such a low production model and anytime there is much demand and desire of a low production model especially of such a beautiful and capable car the demand by collectors seem to follow. That was my goal for this car, not sure if it will change with MS interests, but I may test the waters with her like I said previously, because I still have to bear costs getting her to them and it may even itself out by selling to a enthuisiast or collector here in the states.

#26 · (Edited)
My rare Rosso 94" 164 Quadrifoglio (1/35 94" Q's imported to US) is potentially for sale.
Please contact me if you are interested in her. This thread has some usefull information about her as well.
All factory manuels, window sticker and accessoris are still had and come with the car.

#27 ·
I take it to Mean that Your 164Q is now for sale to the AlfaBB.

What is the asking price, not that I want or need another one, or that SHMBO would approve it, but just curious in comparison to what I paid for mine.

#32 ·
My own humble opinion is that this type of car should be enjoyed and not relegated to a museum.
Certainly it is an honor but the mere invitation is all the honor one needs.
My Wife and I gather various antiques which we greatly care for and look after, but which we use and enjoy.
Regrettably on occasion something gets damaged but life goes on.
We restore to original condition as far as possible.....
This Alfa should be looked after and relished for many years by it's enthusiast owner.
One day soon when we are all forced to drive electric cars on rails it can go into the museum.

#33 ·
Concorso Italiano 2009

Some pics from Concorso Italiano 2009....

Attachments

#34 ·
Concorso Italiano 2009, con't.

Concorso Italiano 2009, con't.

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Concorso Italiano 2009, con't. II!

Concorso Italiano 2009, con't. III

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.