3K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Alfisto Steve 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd like to sell my ALFA164S.

Year:1991
124,375mile
Sale Price:CAD5,000.
Color:Red (repaint in 2007)
Engine:fully overwholed in 2012
Condition:Very good and well maintained by my mechanic (Adria Import Car Service in Vancouver)
I imported this 164S from California to Vancouver in 2010.

If you are interested in my 164S, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cell phone:1-604-816-8205
e-mail: kazuyuki.yamamura@mitsubishicorp.com

Regards,

Kazuyuki Yamamura (Vancouver, Canada)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My Japanese daughter in law is going back to Japan for 3 month with the grand kids March 13:) She's even putting the kids in school over there to improve there Japanese skills.
Yes 164Ss came with rear spoilers. If the owner provided the VIN, one could check to make sure it's really an S and not a look alike.

Normally Canadian 1991 164S can't be imported into US until next year after they are 25 years old; however since this one was originally sold in the US, if the owner provides the documentation that he bought it in CA and imported it to Canada, there will be no problem getting it back into the US. I've done that.

#4 · (Edited)
It has the small front bumper. Canadian cars have the 5 mph front bumper. It has the correct seats for an S. I thought all the S versions had red stitching on the wheel, seat seams and shift knob. Trunk lid spoiler is an easy delete and in Canada would make sense as the lid lifts don't work well with snow on the lid.

Posting a picture of the complete dash should show the switch for the adjustable shocks only fitted to the S.

Nice headlight washer option which is rare.

Not stock S wheels. (I'm mistaken here)

Steering wheel is upside down though. :cool:

#5 · (Edited)
Are those Recardo seats? They don't look like S seats. You can see red stitching on the arm rest and instrument hood (which is curled from CA heat). It's really a crap shoot without the VIN. People can and have done anything to these cars. It looks great anyway.
Those are definitely stock S wheels, in the US anyway.

#6 ·
Yes, those are stock 164S wheels on it. What is VIN?

#7 ·
You just need a letter from Alfa Romeo confirming that the car complies with US regulations in effect in 1991 and you are good to go. Tony DiMuro at ARI in Florida is the guy to contact.

It worked for me, after a bit of explaining. At first, the Border Control folks thought my letter was from a dealer. I had to point out that Tony's name was listed on their website as the official Alfa Romeo contact person.

#8 ·
Canadians can import cars 15 year old. We bought a 164S in Seattle for my Canadian son who drove it for a year or so. When he moved, I bought it back from him. At the border, when I brought it back into the US, I just showed Border Patrol the paperwork from importing it into Canada and I was good. Nice to know Tony can sign the letter when needed:)

#9 ·
i have nothing to do with the missing wing ciao jc

#12 · (Edited)
I have nothing to do with the missing wing ciao jc
I believe ya as the one you got was black wasn't it?

No Alfa driving here today as not only are the dog and I still at beach house with ML but is is a liquid sunless day before the new snow belt arrives later on this evening.

Attachments

#11 ·
I'd still like to know who'd have a red Alfa 164....ciao, chris

#13 ·
Everything looks to be stock S, except for the missing spoiler. Can't tell for sure until we see the upper center console and see VIN.

Those lousy headlight washers never worked correctly, bad design. The rising sprayers end up just jamming due to too much friction. Disconnected the pump wiring for them on my 91S.

#14 · (Edited)
I was confusing the S wheels with the LS wheels that came later. Those are the S wheels that came to Canada so presumably also the US.

The Recaros were optional. Standard were "sport" seats in the S which this car has. No centre armrest.My original Canadian brochure shows both the Recaros and the sport seats without red stitching but red stitching on the steering wheel, gearlever knob and handbrake gaiter and the door panels (photos show that stitching). The rear seats were also sport shaped if I recall correctly (which I may not having last seen a genuine S in 1991 and possibly those were the divided reclining seats.)

"Ground effects" mouldings are S correct (seriously, that's what the brochure calls them, 6 inches off the ground).

Door mirrors were colour keyed, not black so those have been changed (or the whole black car repainted red!).

#18 ·
Interesting this owner who is anxious to sell is not responding to this thread, the car is not listed on Craigslist Vancouver, or Kijiji, a popular selling form in Canada. Maybe it sold:)

#19 ·
Seats are not the optional Recaros...Look at the base side bolster..it is angled out...In the 91 - 93 the bolster had "height" to it, but it wasn't angled....The angled bolster, as well as the perforated leather (blow up the image and you'll see that the leather is perforated) came on the 94 - 95 cars....Also, too much to fraudulently copy on the inside ...Meaning stiching on steering wheel, Gear shift boot, Dashboard cowl, Door handles...Would require possibly a lot of effort..So probably a 91 S that had the wing deleted during the repaint (why not paint the mirrors????) and had some "Series 2" seats installed....Definitely not series 1 seats and definitely not Recaros.....D

Don't forget about Alfamiglia Nordest 2015...the National Convention
Alfamiglia Nordest 2015 ....:wink2:

#27 · (Edited)
Test drove a light metallic blue 164LS. Very pretty, but the car had been damaged and the roof around the sunroof was warped. That part didn't look good, although the car drove well. Would have bought it but for that, alas.

Also saw a dark blue LS, also very pretty, but not available. Ended up with the nondescript metallic champagne.

#29 · (Edited)
Red doesn't look as good on the LS for some reason, but looks good on the B, L, and S. Don't know why. I think it partly has to do with the slicker LS specific trim and front grill, making the car look slightly more formal, ie, not a sporty red personality.

I did install a 91-93 center grill on the LS, thought it looked better, but the original center grill is a little longer on top and wore the hood paint in that area. I have proper touch up paint, so might try again since I kinda don't like that stretched out grill, maybe too much chrome, but probably not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.