Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Cruel Alfa Prank

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  robvolz 
#1 ·
Well not really, but....

#1 reason why you shouldn't let your girlfriend have a garage sale when you are not at home... Somebody help me!

"$5500.00 or will trade car for a wedding ring for my girlfriend" :001_icon16:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
No offense, but I don't like her already. :scared: Full disclosure: My ex is in Ohio, so there is that against her in my book. :no: Of course she's not the same woman, but... southern woman are far better looking and better lovers too. :001_tt2: They are really.:flowers:
Charles

#6 ·
Get over it fast, the car stays!

#7 ·
somewhere on this forum is the "why men don't write advice columns". My take on this is simply reaffirmed. Why do men die first? Cause we want to. Ciao, chris

#11 ·
Why do men die first? Cause we want to.
Do married men really live longer or does it just feel like it...?

Full disclosure - when we got married in 1976 my wife told me to never sell my MGA. (still have that MG, still have that wife) When she saw an Alfa Romeo Spider a few years ago she said, "we should get one like that." (when your wife tells you get a red sports car a smart man listens...) Yes, she has sisters. No, they are nothing like her.

#8 ·
So that would be seeking out a trade from a freshly divorced guy who received return of the ring or a wife contemplating divorce. I'd think the seller should broaden his range of acceptable trades.

#9 ·
It's a wake up call for you my friend :) Keep both! Pay more attention to your lady and eventually she’ll realize that you are one of those guys (like many of us) who really like his cars. Then…Life is good!
Cheers

#10 ·
My wife drives "our" Alfa so if she's tradin' in the wedding ring it'll be for something else. Mind u, we married at 21 so her ring won't get her much in trade. In fact, she'd probably get more trading the Alfa, but she won't even let me drive it so that ain't happening any time soon.

#12 ·
She knows how much I like cars and is ok with it. Lots of our friends are getting married this summer and she wants to join them soon :whistling:. She came up with the idea with a few of her coworkers, one of whom has owned Alfas before and understands our devotion to the brand.

#13 ·
My wife likes Alfas, and enjoys driving her Milano, but thinks maybe three Alfas are one too many. However, when I mention something about a Fiat 500 Abarth, and she does like that car as well, she asks me which of the two 164's we would get rid of in place, I just tell her I don't understand the question, lol.

#15 ·
It helps if the Alfa has been part of the family the entire time. The Spider in my garage was driven on our first date 29 years ago so its a no brainer to have her support on that one. Now the growing fleet of 24V 164's may start to cause her hearburn but I have heard no grumbles yet.....

#16 ·
I just sold the Originale 164B I used to court my wife with, take her on our honeymoon with and bring our new daughter home in 22 years ago. She was more concerned about me being able to let go of that car than me keeping it.

I am doing OK with my decision I think!

#19 ·
well, you need to update the sig block then. ciao, chris

#20 ·
Saturday is scheduled date for this to happen for real.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.