What did you do Alfa related today? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

What did you do Alfa related today?

I had a slow to go Alfa day today.

First off I worked on setting up my wife's future garden plot permiters with 4x4 eight foot posts. I tilled up part of the area yesterday with my neighbor's roto-tiller. I have to get more soil and compost trucked/trailered in before spring.

Did I mentioned we have been having a real heat wave this week. It has been tee shirt weather. Such a relief after 20-40 degree weather.

75 Partly CloudyFeels Like 75
Relative Humidity 41%
Barometer 29.87(Steady)atm
Dew Point 50
Visibility 10.00 Miles
UV Index 1 Low
Wind Speed W 18 to 24mph

I did move two 164's today to get my truck and trailer out so I could take a load of Alfa parts to my storage unit.

With Sara wrecking her car and so much stuff already here, I got a bigger storage unit so I could move out some stuff before I start the salvage operation of it.

When part of your rear yard adjoins your neighbors front yard you have to be creative in your landscaping and be considerate.

Yes I will restore some green grass this year. There was a children's play house in the barren area that I took down but I must admit I killed the rest of side yard grass with my Alfas under the Old Oak tree project.

You can see how far in second tree dented in right side of her trunk lid.

I may use my spare Milano Verde rear wish bone to give her 164B new rear legs as it is now sitting on a wheel dolly.

I set up garden plot as a L-shaped plot so we can still get into back yard to store Alfa rescue projects behind rear gate.
Attached Images

Dave Brink likes this.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Maintenance Sticky:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily drivers: USA models - 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO;

Daughter's current ride: BB1 my 164L and Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus is back up.

New parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Needing TLC non-blackbeast the 93 164L

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 02-18-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 PM

Garage
My garden and I'm **** proud of it.
Attached Images

cowfy, skyarchi and Dave Brink like this.

Ciao tutti

93 Spider (red)
87 Milano (not red)
post #3 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Ye Olde Oak Tree project with truck and trailer behind rear rear yard fence.
Attached Images

Dave Brink likes this.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Daughter's current ride: BB1 my 164L and Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus is back up.

New parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 02-18-2011 at 01:46 PM.

post #4 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Gold Subscriber

My project for the last three days has been getting the red 75 3 litre back on the road after two years in the garage so that my son can start driving it. I got the alternator reconditioned and fitted. Getting those things off a 75 is not easy. I fitted a new piece of hose on the crankcase breather, re-fitted the throttle linkage, changed the coolant and cleaned out the expansion bottle and changed the oil. I siphoned out 40 litres of old fuel so as to avoid possible bad running and clogged injectors. Today I will put in 20 litres of 98 octane ULP and hope it fires up and runs with no leaks etc, then I will give it a much needed wash. It is hard to believe it is nearly ready to go after all this time.
alphie75 likes this.

Current Alfas
2004 GT 3.2 V6 (Stromboli Grey).
2008 159 TI Sportwagon 2.4 JTDM (Stromboli Grey).
1987 75 3 litre (red). My first 75 and now my son's.
!989 75 3 litre (black). Shared project with my son.
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), my daughter's car.

Past Alfas
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (black), now sold & living in Newcastle NSW.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1982 GTV 2 litre, red, (daughter's first Alfa)
2 x 1992 164s, (1 red, 1 grey).
2 x 1988 33s, (both red).
1985 GTV 2 litre, (white).
post #5 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

I think your problem is you have to many red Alfas!

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

post #6 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Angry Accelerator Cable Hookup

Hi - I need a good picture or instructions showing the connections related to the throttle plate. I just finished putting another engine in my 88 Milano Verde and I thought I had it - but I cannot reve the engine from the pedal - only by moving the throttle plate by hand. Any good pictures would help.

Argtv685
post #7 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Morris View Post
Hi - I need a good picture or instructions showing the connections related to the throttle plate. I just finished putting another engine in my 88 Milano Verde and I thought I had it - but I cannot reve the engine from the pedal - only by moving the throttle plate by hand. Any good pictures would help.

Argtv685
You can't put these posts in other people's threads. Also, this is the 164 forum, not Milano. You're not going to get an answer here even if you post this question in its own thread.

On topic, I did nothing Alfa related today, but yesterday I put the cover over my soon-to-depart parts car so the city stays off my back, and talked with a friend about a running 164L 5 speed he has for sale. Maybe I'll be back in the fold (with a running car) soon.

Jim
1991 318is, 1999 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
post #8 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

I posted a link of his problem over on Milano tab.
alphie75 likes this.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

post #9 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I unpacked the quarter panel I purchased from Alfa 35 to repair rust damage on the Q! Tomorrow have to pick it up from work and bring it home. Can also finally get a cover on the LS I purchased as a parts car, now that the snow is almost completely melted. Of course it's supposed to snow again on Sunday.

Tom

(2) 1967 Duettos (currently being made into one decent driver)
1995 Nero & Tan 164Q as a second daily driver (at least in the summer) and 164LS repair project
99 Ford Taurus SHO (my daily driver, especially in the winter)
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife's DD and to haul the boat).
post #10 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglegtom View Post
I unpacked the quarter panel I purchased from Alfa 35 to repair rust damage on the Q! Tomorrow have to pick it up from work and bring it home. Can also finally get a cover on the LS I purchased as a parts car, now that the snow is almost completely melted. Of course it's supposed to snow again on Sunday.
Tom are you in a suburb of Milwaukee? No I see you are west of it. I am by birth from WI (Janesville), but grew up on a farm north of Madison (current hot sport in news).

Many of my now deceased family lived in and around Milwaukee and West Bend.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 02-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.
post #11 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Today I drove the silver 164B pulling the trailer loaded down with 2 rolling tool chests, one large tool box, a floor stand drill press, motorcycle jack and a few other odd and ends. I'm move the shop from the greenhouse to the large garage at our new old house.

Also I tried starting the red 164S...no go...I think it's the fuel pump I think I'll be going a head first dive into the trunk soon

Red 1991 164S, Black 1991 164S, Red 1987 Milano, 1972 Berlina, 1973 Berlina rebuilding SPICA engine
post #12 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

I just enjoyed driving my Alfa today.....to work and back in light fast traffic.
It was a warm FL day and the sunroof was open.
The speedometer has started to malfunction but who watches that anyways....
I need to fix it so that the odometer continues to tell me when the gas is about to run out as the yellow fuel warning light shines as it feels like.

Between a major work event I hope to play with our Alfa's this long weekend.
alphie75 likes this.
post #13 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Buying more parts for the 164 LS , of course!

Making a inventory of what part need fixing on my 1959 Sprint 1300cc engine Needs a new cylinder head installed this spring.

Driver side rear strut to come off soon on the 164 , soaking the bottom two bolts with Kroll.

1994 164 LS 5 Speed
1988 Milano Verde 5 Speed
1960 Giulietta Spider
1959 Giulietta Sprint

1965 Giulia Spider [parts car now]
post #14 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Haven't gotten to drive my 164's but a couple feet so far today as I moved two of them to get my truck out. I am moving into a bigger storage unit so I will have some more room to store 164 parts as I begin to salvage out Sara's totaled 164B.

I got out of smaller unit and into larger one but have some reorganizing to do so I will have room for QS's parts.

I hope to drive Black Beauty to Italian Bakery for our weekly car guys tire kicking as weather warm enough to be outside again today.

OBTW, we are supposed to have a new Fiat 500 at our Alfa monthly dinner meeting on Monday night.

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 02-19-2011 at 10:45 AM.
post #15 of 11178 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Garage
I swapped some PM's with Steve about 164 fuse locations. I still havent been called about my 500 yet.
Steve, one of my best friends and a former Alfa owner Doug lives in Janesville now.
Just leaving now to go get some cat food. But in the F-150, not an Alfa. I have a lot of cats. I guess.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode