164 24v Q - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Subscriber

164 24v Q

I received a email today from a group of 24v Q owners in England. According to a govt. source there are less than 100 of these cars still registered over there.

That plus the 100+ or so here in the USA, means that these Q car are getting fewer by the year. Just thought I would pass along what I learned today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 12:41 AM

Chritopher, what worry's me also is that the 12v Qv/S is also going down hard.
I never realised that there where so many Q's sold in the UK.
In the Netherlands where I live are only 3 Q's from what I know of still on the road.

They indeed become rare quick.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Chris- I think that it would be very optimistic to even think there are 20 Q's in the US that are registered and in driving condition. Alfa ROmeo only imported 35 cars total in 94 and maybe 65 cars in 95. They are already on the endangered species list and a very rare sight.
-67" GTA 1600 Corsa Autodelta Ex-Works/Monzeglio Squadra Corse.
-67" GTA 1600 Corsa Autodelta Ex-Works Prototipo (All original).
-69" GTAm
-69" GTV
-71" Montreal
-73" 2000 GTV (In the family 40 years & counting)
-75" Alfetta GT (Rally/Street)
-75" Alfetta GT (Race Car)
-75" Alfetta 'Berlina' Sedan (Rally/Street)

Last edited by RossoGTV4Me; 07-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Any 164 seen on the highway or any Alfa Romeo for that matter is getting to be a rare sight!
http://www.aroc-usa.org/
My Maintenance Sticky: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-...ance-tips.html

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoGTV4Me View Post
Chris- I think that it would be very optimistic to even think there are 20 Q's in the US that are registered and in driving condition. Alfa ROmeo only imported 35 cars total in 94 and maybe 65 cars in 95. They are already on teh endangered species list and a very rare sight.
I agree. I know of 1-2 here in AZ that never come on this site. I think they are around hiding. I have only seen a few Q's dismantled here with my own eyes. So solid numbers on the departed. Call APE and see how many they have parted, those cannibals!

<-GT Bertone, Spider, 75, GTV6, 164, all New models->.
http://www.alfissimo.com Alfa Parts

Tel:+1 928-526-0549
Contact@alfissimo.com
jason@alfissimo.com
<1991' 164 QV, White- Recaro>
Old 07-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Gold Subscriber

Jason, to bad you don't have those serial numbers on the ones that have gone by the way side. yes, the Q's are getting more rare, hence the value should start to swing around the other way.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocedoc View Post
hence the value should start to swing around the other way.
Now if only there are more buyers/enthusiasts for the 164's to make that reality!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lee.Perna
The reality seems to be that a car has to be 20+ years old before the collector interest kicks in. At least NADA does not list it as a classic until that point. Take a look at the Alfa Spider. Per NADA, a 1992 Veloce with 100k miles has a clean retail value of $6725. A 1991 is $6225. A 1990 has an average retail value of $9500. A 1989 is $9400. Compare that to Alfa's sedans, the 164 and the Milano. A 1992 is $3700. A 1991 is $3400. A 1989 is $7875. A 1988 is $7675. I expect to see the "book value" jump dramatically over the next couple years as these cars turn 20 years old.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Gold Subscriber

I had a strange occurrence happen a week or so ago. Pulled into my usual gas station to fill up with my bright red 91S and lo and behold, another bright red 164 pulled into the opposite side of the pump. I could hardly believe my eyes. Talked with the fellow, a young Asian going to the U I guess, but he had little experience with Alfas, and didn't know anything about the Alfa web sites. He was just driving through the area, and decided to gas up. Didn't really want to talk about Alfas, though, pity. I've seen this before, the Asian owners seem to go their own way, not with the usual enthusiasm. This is certainly not meant to be a knock on Asians in general, as I have many fine Asian friends.

Seattle

89 Milano
91 164S
94 164LS (Q)
72 Morgan 27

Last edited by Del; 08-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
I had a strange occurrence happen a week or so ago. Pulled into my usual gas station to fill up with my bright red 91S and lo and behold, another bright red 164 pulled into the opposite side of the pump. I could hardly believe my eyes. Talked with the fellow, a young Asian going to the U I guess, but he had little experience with Alfas, and didn't know anything about the Alfa web sites. He was just driving through the area, and decided to gas up. Didn't really want to talk about Alfas, though, pity. I've seen this before, the Asian owners seem to go their own way, not with the usual enthusiasm.
I came across such type couple of times. They usually don't care for the car they are driving, but all they see is a body with 4 wheels, an engine and can take you from A to B, that's it. Never understood how such cars get into their hands in the first place .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.