Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Considering a needy Stepnose part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
The fact it is a Sprint GT alone is reason enough to just buy buy buy. It looks rather complete too.

Stepnoses are for me (and I'm a stepnose diehard) the true 105 GT spirit - someone actually thought about the car as a whole and made it happen - anything after the 1600 GTV I'm afraid had too much bean counter involvement.
Well in the first instance I too say buy it, store it safely and when possible restore it. Such cars are seriously getting so hard to find, especially affordable entry price projects. However, and with all deference, given my slight bias, but I would tend to disagree with Pancho's comments re anything beyond the 1600 GTV having too much bean counter interference. My '69 1750 GTV is totally delightful in that it has much of what the earlier gtvs have but with a few luxuries. The flying buttress seats, gorgeous instruments and full console a delight. Don't get me wrong I still want a stepnose, but then again I also want a 1750 berlina to complement my Giulia Super.