Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - I want to buy Alfa 33 -94??
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Super1600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Alex, no need to apologise for your english, I am sure it is better than my version of your language, where-ever you are . In saying that, it might help us on the forum to say where you are located, as not all countries received the 33.

This is going to sound like a dumb question (so forgive me), but if you don't know what a 33 is, why would you wish to buy one ??

The 33 came out in the 80s I think (can't recall when exactly) and replaced the Alfasud. It came as a 4 door sedan and 5 door Stationwagon, with permanant all wheel drive (on some wagons anyway).

Essentially they used the same engine/driveline as the Sud, that being a 1500 boxer motor, which in the last of the 33s was replaced by the 1700.

Like all Alfas from this period they can have a range of problems. While rust, at least in Australia was less of a problem than with Suds, perhaps in Europe this may have been more of a problem.

Mechanically, they are pretty tough, although gearbox selectors with age can be a problem, also electricals. The trim quality was ok, for the period but by now unless you can find a well maintained car, it probably will be worn/shabby.

Brakes are fine on 33s in general, the handling while nice, is perhaps not quite as good as it was on the Sud. I have driven both, and I am 6'2" and have no problem in sitting in it, but I have large feet and always found driving the 33 with its small and very closely located pedals difficult. But perhaps that was just me.

As to prices, I can't comment beyond what they go for out here in Aus. They are not expensive out here.

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !! years"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome